An Update on IronJack

Reaction score
If you remember me, I am the 5'7 145 pound guy who wants to do a cycle. I recently performed a deadlift for the first time and discovered that I am not as strong as I thought I was. According to strengthlevel dot com, I can do most lifts just under or at the intermediate classification which they describe as, Stronger than 50% of lifters. An intermediate lifter has trained regularly in the technique for at least two years.

I bought a barbell and attempted to do a deadlift and assumed I could lift an intermediate level of weight which at my size is 197 pounds. I can only do about 160.

Therefore I have decided to hold off the steroid cycle until I can do all my compound and isolation lifts at the intermediate level according to strengthlevel.com. Hopefully it will take 3 months tops.

I have decided to switch my routine to a push legs pull split and am looking for examples of a good one. The one I have found in the meantime is this:
push: Bench press, overhead press, weighted dip, dumbell shoulder press, lateral raise, lying tricep extension, cable tricep extension
legs: Squat, romanian deadlift, barbel glute bridge, leg curl, calf raise
Pull: Deadlift, weighted pull up, barbell row, dumbel row, preacher curl, barbel curl, rear deltoid raise, face pull

Last edited:

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well thank God you saw the light. Kudos.

As for your goals, I agree you need to be stronger but that is not the only yardstick if you will. I would argue given your lack of training history you have much farther to go than 3 months and could make great gains naturally by eating and training correctly over the next two years.

I've never really been a push/pull guy but lots of guys love it. Would suggest keeping your big three compound movements every week but change up the other movements from week to week.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you remember me, I am the 5'7 145 pound guy who wants to do a cycle. I recently performed a deadlift for the first time and discovered that I am not as strong as I thought I was. According to strengthlevel dot com, I can do most lifts just under or at the intermediate classification which they describe as, Stronger than 50% of lifters. An intermediate lifter has trained regularly in the technique for at least two years.

I bought a barbell and attempted to do a deadlift and assumed I could lift an intermediate level of weight which at my size is 197 pounds. I can only do about 160.

Therefore I have decided to hold off the steroid cycle until I can do all my compound and isolation lifts at the intermediate level according to strengthlevel.com. Hopefully it will take 3 months tops.

I have decided to switch my routine to a push legs pull split and am looking for examples of a good one. The one I have found in the meantime is this:
push: Bench press, overhead press, weighted dip, dumbell shoulder press, lateral raise, lying tricep extension, cable tricep extension
legs: Squat, romanian deadlift, barbel glute bridge, leg curl, calf raise
Pull: Deadlift, weighted pull up, barbell row, dumbel row, preacher curl, barbel curl, rear deltoid raise, face pull
]

Glad you saw the light. That will pay off for you tremendously.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Well thank God you saw the light. Kudos.

As for your goals, I agree you need to be stronger but that is not the only yardstick if you will. I would argue given your lack of training history you have much farther to go than 3 months and could make great gains naturally by eating and training correctly over the next two years.

I've never really been a push/pull guy but lots of guys love it. Would suggest keeping your big three compound movements every week but change up the other movements from week to week.

Don’t skip legs lol

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
good work man! someone that ACTUALLY listens and goes about it properly. you will be very happy with starting the proper way

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
good work man! someone that ACTUALLY listens and goes about it properly. you will be very happy with starting the proper way

I was going to say that very thing, someone actually heeded advice, wow! Carry on kid!

Dbolitarian

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm shocked

Glad to hear it
When I was super young I didn't listen as much as I should have.
And now am paying for it.

Listen to these dudes
They know what's up

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
PFM changed his handle to IronJack?