Thanks

An Update on IronJack

If you remember me, I am the 5'7 145 pound guy who wants to do a cycle. I recently performed a deadlift for the first time and discovered that I am not as strong as I thought I was. According to strengthlevel dot com, I can do most lifts just under or at the intermediate classification which they describe as, Stronger than 50% of lifters. An intermediate lifter has trained regularly in the technique for at least two years.

I bought a barbell and attempted to do a deadlift and assumed I could lift an intermediate level of weight which at my size is 197 pounds. I can only do about 160.

Therefore I have decided to hold off the steroid cycle until I can do all my compound and isolation lifts at the intermediate level according to strengthlevel.com. Hopefully it will take 3 months tops.

I have decided to switch my routine to a push legs pull split and am looking for examples of a good one. The one I have found in the meantime is this:
    push: Bench press, overhead press, weighted dip, dumbell shoulder press, lateral raise, lying tricep extension, cable tricep extension
    legs: Squat, romanian deadlift, barbel glute bridge, leg curl, calf raise
    Pull: Deadlift, weighted pull up, barbell row, dumbel row, preacher curl, barbel curl, rear deltoid raise, face pull
    Last edited by IronJack; 09-06-2018 at 12:08 PM.

Thanks
    Well thank God you saw the light. Kudos.

As for your goals, I agree you need to be stronger but that is not the only yardstick if you will. I would argue given your lack of training history you have much farther to go than 3 months and could make great gains naturally by eating and training correctly over the next two years.

I've never really been a push/pull guy but lots of guys love it. Would suggest keeping your big three compound movements every week but change up the other movements from week to week.
    Newbies Please Read: https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/3728-First-Cycle-All-You-Need-to-Know

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyWoodCole For This Useful Post:

NbleSavage (09-07-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,595 Times in 7,213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IronJack View Post
    If you remember me, I am the 5'7 145 pound guy who wants to do a cycle. I recently performed a deadlift for the first time and discovered that I am not as strong as I thought I was. According to strengthlevel dot com, I can do most lifts just under or at the intermediate classification which they describe as, [B]Stronger than 50% of lifters. An intermediate lifter has trained regularly in the technique for at least two years.

I bought a barbell and attempted to do a deadlift and assumed I could lift an intermediate level of weight which at my size is 197 pounds. I can only do about 160.

Therefore I have decided to hold off the steroid cycle until I can do all my compound and isolation lifts at the intermediate level according to strengthlevel.com. Hopefully it will take 3 months tops.

I have decided to switch my routine to a push legs pull split and am looking for examples of a good one. The one I have found in the meantime is this:
    push: Bench press, overhead press, weighted dip, dumbell shoulder press, lateral raise, lying tricep extension, cable tricep extension
    legs: Squat, romanian deadlift, barbel glute bridge, leg curl, calf raise
    Pull: Deadlift, weighted pull up, barbell row, dumbel row, preacher curl, barbel curl, rear deltoid raise, face pull
    ]
    Glad you saw the light. That will pay off for you tremendously.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 805 Posts
    Well done man! Keep hitting it hard
    You can get the dick just call me the ballsack-Marshall Mathers

If i said it then i meant it-Me

Thanks
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 770 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyWoodCole View Post
    Well thank God you saw the light. Kudos.

As for your goals, I agree you need to be stronger but that is not the only yardstick if you will. I would argue given your lack of training history you have much farther to go than 3 months and could make great gains naturally by eating and training correctly over the next two years.

I've never really been a push/pull guy but lots of guys love it. Would suggest keeping your big three compound movements every week but change up the other movements from week to week.
    Don’t skip legs lol
    “The only natural test-boosters I know of that work are compound lifting, steaks, and looking at boobies...” -Dan

Thanks
    good work man! someone that ACTUALLY listens and goes about it properly. you will be very happy with starting the proper way

Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 Times in 3,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan4life View Post
    good work man! someone that ACTUALLY listens and goes about it properly. you will be very happy with starting the proper way
    I was going to say that very thing, someone actually heeded advice, wow! Carry on kid!
    Sometimes in life you have to stop and think, Is it worth the jail time?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to stonetag For This Useful Post:

NbleSavage (09-07-2018)

Thanks
    I'm shocked

Glad to hear it
    When I was super young I didn't listen as much as I should have.
    And now am paying for it.

Listen to these dudes
    They know what's up

"The longest journey begins with a single step"

"There is no litter in my litter box" Phil L
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,096 Posts
    PFM changed his handle to IronJack?

Thanks
    Your handle gets FD wet

/Doc