Pre-workout Routine

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
So I’m finding my Saturday morning workouts are a little slow to get started. I workout with a coach twice a week and that hour is valuable time so the lost 10 minutes is starting to bother me.

I’m forcing myself to get to the gym an hour early, throw back a white monster, run for a bit, throw the headphones in and do some quick warmup sets for each major group in order to hit the training session going full steam. This is much different then when I train by myself.

Does anyone have any OCD pre-workout routines to help themselves get into the mindset? Random curiousity..

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Pantera, adderral, cigarette, hate.

And water. Lots of water.

Joking aside you tend to overthink things. An hour warmup isn’t bad, per say, but it shouldn’t be necessary. You can have all th knowledge in the world but without the drive you won’t amount to your potential. (I’m guilty of just going through the motions too and this is advice to myself as much as to you).

Find something positive that motivates you. If not find a thought that makes you want to kill people and feed off that.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My preworkout routine:

-prior to leaving for the gym I will sit with my journal, write out my workout, and visualize myself doing the reps while drinking a cup of coffee
-on the way to the gym, listen to Tom Platz or one of the other greats talk about motivation
-at the gym, 5 min warm up on the treadmill with my headphones cranked up.
-then get to it

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Pantera, adderral, cigarette, hate.

And water. Lots of water.

Joking aside you tend to overthink things. An hour warmup isn’t bad, per say, but it shouldn’t be necessary. You can have all th knowledge in the world but without the drive you won’t amount to your potential. (I’m guilty of just going through the motions too and this is advice to myself as much as to you).

Find something positive that motivates you. If not find a thought that makes you want to kill people and feed off that.

You're correct about over thinking things but that’s my nature. I fully understand it’s not necessary but I have “manic” tendencies in my personality and I enjoy diving into things. That extra little stretch is part of the fun for me.

Plus it’s your fault for giving me goals to aspire to! When I have “worms under my skin” I might slow down a bit :)

Reactions: Jin

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
My preworkout routine:

-prior to leaving for the gym I will sit with my journal, write out my workout, and visualize myself doing the reps while drinking a cup of coffee
-on the way to the gym, listen to Tom Platz or one of the other greats talk about motivation
-at the gym, 5 min warm up on the treadmill with my headphones cranked up.
-then get to it

I knew there was someone else that enjoys digging into it too! Tom Platz videos are the YouTube equivalent of adderral.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I use outlift

Thanks, I didn’t mean pre-workout supplements. More of a pre-workout ritual. Anything you do to get in the zone etc. more of a mental pre workout supplement!

Even though Jin was joking, I like that idea of pantera, addarrel and hate lol. I’m not that kind of guy but it would be awesome to tap into that then go imitate a branch warren workout.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
your man crush for jin is starting to get a bit wierd... that being said, I look forward to my workouts all day til i step foot in the gym, add a good preworkout, cig, 15 mins on the incline treadmill with some loud metal cranked up followed by observing the dumb fukks around for a minute or so is enough to fuel the hate it requires to get at it. If you haven't yet heard Hatebreed i suggest you download thier album Perseverance for starters, pr's are made to them...

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Awesome dear...whatever it takes!! I myself, just always went in..trained and left!!! :D

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Some bell end on his phone inbetween bicep curls in my squat rack gives me a great warm up. Blood pumps everywhere in anger as I stand 2 feet away glaring at him until he gets the point and ****s off. Unless the guy is curling more than I bench then I just smile in admiration at him and wish I was that strong

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I go straight to the locker room, take off my clothes, show the other members what I am working with, then dress and hit the weights....

Reactions: Jin

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Just get up and go and get the shit done, only routine I’ve had. Sometimes the getting up and going takes some effort lol

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Go out to my gym, fire up the TV, tuned, fans or heater depending on season, preworkout, check the BS on UGBB while the preworkout kicks in, tear shit up.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Does anyone have any OCD pre-workout routines to help themselves get into the mindset? Random curiousity..

On Saturday morning, my leg day is mega OCD; it's bad. Out of bed the exact same time, 20 min. wake up with a 20 oz cup of mud, start stretching at the exact same time, then foam rolling the legs and back, right out to the gym for a few min of inversion and I start my warm up at 9:15 AM. My music for the pre-workout stretching is soft and relaxing until the heavy shit start.

Chillinlow

Reaction score
So I’m finding my Saturday morning workouts are a little slow to get started. I workout with a coach twice a week and that hour is valuable time so the lost 10 minutes is starting to bother me.

I’m forcing myself to get to the gym an hour early, throw back a white monster, run for a bit, throw the headphones in and do some quick warmup sets for each major group in order to hit the training session going full steam. This is much different then when I train by myself.

just some good tunes pump me up on the way to the gym and think about yoga pants

Last edited:

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
just turn some good pump me up music on the way to the gym and think about yoga pants

It’s sad but I’m starting to enjoy hot chicks in racer back tanks even more. Something about a detailed back that’s really growing on me.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
It’s sad but I’m starting to enjoy hot chicks in racer back tanks even more. Something about a detailed back that’s really growing on me.

oh hell yea man ;)

Maijah

Elite
Reaction score
your man crush for jin is starting to get a bit wierd... that being said, I look forward to my workouts all day til i step foot in the gym, add a good preworkout, cig, 15 mins on the incline treadmill with some loud metal cranked up followed by observing the dumb fukks around for a minute or so is enough to fuel the hate it requires to get at it. If you haven't yet heard Hatebreed i suggest you download thier album Perseverance for starters, pr's are made to them...

Gibs I grew up on that shit, Jamie lived in the town next to me. Ive been to too many shows to count

Chillinlow

Reaction score
On Saturday morning, my leg day is mega OCD; it's bad. Out of bed the exact same time, 20 min. wake up with a 20 oz cup of mud, start stretching at the exact same time, then foam rolling the legs and back, right out to the gym for a few min of inversion and I start my warm up at 9:15 AM. My music for the pre-workout stretching is soft and relaxing until the heavy shit start.

Damn must be nice to sleep in

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
Smoke a cone, smash some kill it pre workout, do my pre workout dump, drive to gym with metal blasting

New Threads