Strained/ pulled pec and hammy

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Pain was deep and a little more in the crease, just below the bruise.

Surgery was quick but it's not a scoped procedure. Doc cut me along a stretch mark and I asked for a cosmetic surgeon to close, Doc didn't like that but can't tell I had it done.

Spent 5 weeks in a sling, rehab for 3 months and was out of the gym the entire time. Wife said it was most miserable she had ever seen me. Started benching with the bar. About 3 years later I competed and I crushed just 20 lbs less then my all time PR.

Thankyou for the insight snake. Makes me feel a little better about it. Im gonna see if the doc at work can see anything on the ultra sound.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Thankyou for the insight snake. Makes me feel a little better about it. Im gonna see if the doc at work can see anything on the ultra sound.

An MRI would tell the story.

I should have mentioned this before but with a full rupture, my pectoral/bi/delt tie-in had a slight divot in there.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Update on chest. Benched 225x5 today. No pain. A little tightness. I think i an almost there. I think i had done tearing in the muscle but hopefully no tendon damage

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
That would tell the story yes. But im mot ready to do anytjing about ot even if it was a tendon tear. So ill put off mri till i can actually be on short term.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Tested the waters on deadlift tonight. No pain. Took it up to 505. All good. It appears everything's back to normal. I warmed up with 10 mins on the stair climber before i deadlifted the bar . Think id count myself as lucky and my body was trying to warn me before i really hurt myself. Something ive realized is my ass is small and weak. Im relying on my hams too much. ive incorporated glute bridges into my weekly lifts .

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Tested the waters on deadlift tonight. No pain. Took it up to 505. All good. It appears everything's back to normal. I warmed up with 10 mins on the stair climber before i deadlifted the bar . Think id count myself as lucky and my body was trying to warn me before i really hurt myself. Something ive realized is my ass is small and weak. Im relying on my hams too much. ive incorporated glute bridges into my weekly lifts .

505 isn’t “testing the waters”!

glad your body held up.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
505 isn’t “testing the waters”!

glad your body held up.

Lol right as usual. Everything just kept flying up with good speed. Not bad for not deadlifting all month. After that i felt satisfied and went to workings reps of 365. Im thinking that the hamsting strain haooened when they got fatiqued due to the 10x2. I can shoot up to past 5 fast on singles but a little after that and they are gassed i guess. Need to strengthen the whole chain and work on the muscle endurance. I know ill probably get some flack for doing singles.

New Threads