Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fat intake

Thanks
    Thanked 6,431 Times in 2,914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRippedZilla View Post
    It's old school broscience that's complete bullshit so no need for anyone to "make you believe" (unless they want to sell you something).
    What about avoiding fats after injecting insulin?

Jacked and Bearded

Thanks
    Thanked 1,316 Times in 768 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strongassnurse View Post
    What spongy said.
    Not to pick a fight between parents but you shouldn’t blow of Zilla’s response. He’s very well educated and the science/research is behind him.

Two different viewpoints and either may be correct. Science might be missing some yet to be found factor or Spongy may be praying to a false god.

Do what you feel comfortable with but be aware it might not be needed. (I’m still splitting mine but obviously continuously questioning it)
    “The only natural test-boosters I know of that work are compound lifting, steaks, and looking at boobies...” -Dan

Thanks
    Thanked 2,187 Times in 1,027 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Viduus View Post
    Not to pick a fight between parents but you shouldn’t blow of Zilla’s response. He’s very well educated and the science/research is behind him.

Two different viewpoints and either may be correct. Science might be missing some yet to be found factor or Spongy may be praying to a false god.

Do what you feel comfortable with but be aware it might not be needed. (I’m still splitting mine but obviously continuously questioning it)
    I think what he was saying was he was in agreement that he had never heard about not mixing carbs and fats in the same meal til he came here, not that he was agreeing with my methods lol.
    In need of dieting help? Email me at [email protected]

Asking pillar how much orals to take is like asking Charlie Sheen how many hookers you should ****. - Jin

#mUGga

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Spongy For This Useful Post:

Viduus (09-13-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 725 Posts
    Way too many questions in this thread. I'm uploading an audio clip in the science section within an hour or 2 so tune in for more in-depth talk. I'll add a reference list along with it for those wishing to dig into this stuff themselves.

For the OP, this review paper is all you need to understand the irrelevance of nutrient timing in general, no need to avoid mixing fats/carbs in the same meal and no need to avoid fats post-wo unless you're an endurance athlete training 2x day with depleting workouts. This paper, mentioned in that review, is particularly relevant (165g of extra fat post-wo after glycogen depleting endurance work = no difference in glycogen levels 24hrs post compared to low fat group).
    Last edited by MrRippedZilla; 09-13-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    Proud misanthropist.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrRippedZilla For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (09-13-2018),German89 (09-13-2018),Jin (09-13-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Viduus View Post

To clear things up I SAN have never heard of NOT mixing carbs and fats throughout the day except for around the workout, anywhere besides this board. Which is why my original post was questioning the practice.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRippedZilla View Post
    Way too many questions in this thread. I'm uploading an audio clip in the science section within an hour or 2 so tune in for more in-depth talk. I'll add a reference list along with it for those wishing to dig into this stuff themselves.

For the OP, this review paper is all you need to understand the irrelevance of nutrient timing in general, no need to avoid mixing fats/carbs in the same meal and no need to avoid fats post-wo unless you're an endurance athlete training 2x day with depleting workouts. This paper, mentioned in that review, is particularly relevant (165g of extra fat post-wo after glycogen depleting endurance work = no difference in glycogen levels 24hrs post compared to low fat group).
    Off to work but ill read these later. I actually am training 2x a day as much as possible right now, which is the biggest reason i'm interested in the topic. thanks for the info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12