Fat timing & insulin ramblings

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
[video]https://vocaroo.com/i/s0lL6NQQzYLb[/video]

I'm British so hopefully you folks can handle the accent just fine :)

Section 1 up to 7mins 30 on the idea of avoiding fats & carbs in the same meal, avoiding fat post-wo, etc
Section 2 up to 10 mins 50 on dieting/prepping not changing any of section 1, some stuff on stubborn fat loss, etc
Section 3 till the end (16.45)on how insulin use does impact fat intake, anecdotal stuff on use (I was talking about my exp with short acting and NOT intermediate at the end), etc. This was NOT a complete overview of how to use insulin - plenty of stuff skipped (have glucose tabs on hand, etc) so do not treat it as such.

References

Original thread
Nutrition timing review
Calories-vs-Insulin-Calories-win
15-30 mU/l insulin levels sufficient for optimal PB, achievable with basic mixed meals
15-30 mU/l insulin level stuff continued
No need to avoid fats post-wo
No need to avoid fats post-wo continued

Last edited:

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to listening to this later. Thanks Zilla, I'm about to learn me a thing or too!

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great all around. Thanks for recording and putting it up.

I learned a lot, but the part that made me laugh out loud was when you go, " uh......I just can't. This is bullshit." Priceless and pretty adequately summed it up.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
goddammit, I deserve that

You could have sold it as a joke, like you deliberately meant it. You were talking about learning something. POB would have fallen for it.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My Missus says we have a similar accent.

Well done on the recording, Mate. Always learn a new trick from you.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
just finished listening. Very well put together. Thank you. Appears I will be changing some of my general methodology.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Have to wait til I get home!! You know I just want to hear your voice again!!!:32 (20):

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You always raise the bar Rip.

You may be on to something with the recording. I’m going to listen as I have quite a bit of windshield time today. Thank you as always.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Impressive as always.
Although I’m not sure which is most impressive: your knowledge or your anger towards stupidity.
Lol to be fair now, it's not anger towards stupidity. It's anger towards nonsense designed to sell an idea/product/person :)
I don't believe for a second that someone like Berardi actually believes his own BS when it comes to this. He isn't "stupid" per se. I do believe that this BS helped him gain more income. Unfortunate pattern for a lot of "gurus" in this industry - start by putting out quality info to raise your rep then, suddenly, go full bullshit mode to cash in.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Listened and very interesting...but of course the whole insulin thing is nothing I know about..lol:32 (20):

I guess my thing has always been...I will never understand about having (or wanting) to take all the stuff that folks do (and I'm not talking about just gear)

I have a serious issue (maybe it means nothing abut when stuff is taken) about folks in this lifestyle take a bunch of stuff and their bodies look no different...as tons use gear and they look no better or don't look much different and I am huge about the body changing to show that folks are doing things properly..otherwise..why take the shit!!

Sorry if none of this makes sense...lol...HAPPY FRIDAY!!!:32 (20):

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
Looking forward to getting back to this.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Listened and very interesting...but of course the whole insulin thing is nothing I know about..lol:32 (20):

I guess my thing has always been...I will never understand about having (or wanting) to take all the stuff that folks do (and I'm not talking about just gear)
I have a serious issue (maybe it means nothing abut when stuff is taken) about folks in this lifestyle take a bunch of stuff and their bodies look no different...as tons use gear and they look no better or don't look much different and I am huge about the body changing to show that folks are doing things properly..otherwise..why take the shit!!
Sorry if none of this makes sense...lol...HAPPY FRIDAY!!!:32 (20):
I get you - drugs speed things up but when people rely on them alone, it becomes obvious by the lack of progress.

You said it yourself - this is a lifestyle. That means more than just having a cool drug protocol. It means behaving a certain way, consistently, over a long period of time. The diet. The training. The environment. The mentality. It's a package deal.
Of course not everyone is blessed with your genetics but they can still make the most with what they've been given :)

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I get you - drugs speed things up but when people rely on them alone, it becomes obvious by the lack of progress.

You said it yourself - this is a lifestyle. That means more than just having a cool drug protocol. It means behaving a certain way, consistently, over a long period of time. The diet. The training. The environment. The mentality. It's a package deal.
Of course not everyone is blessed with your genetics but they can still make the most with what they've been given :)

I guess because I'm a hardass (and there are many others that are) some other folks on here are also as they don't just use the drugs to try and look "awesome" they know it's fuuuckin work...for some it's harder than others as you mentioned "genetics" but even with good ones you still have to work hard.

If you're in it as a lifestyle...it shouldn't be any different than going to sleep...going to work...etc...that's what I mean the most about truly training!:D

New Threads