Best Diet For Lean Gains

Reaction score
Hello,

Just on here looking for some advice.

I’m currently 96kg, around 16% body fat, 190cm tall.

I’d like to hit 110kg.

I’m trying to achieve a lean bulk (if it’s even possible).

I’ve been rolling with the ketogenic diet ripping, have been in ketosis for around 6 weeks now. I’ve calculated my macros based on BMR and TDEE with a 15% surplus. Calories are coming out at 3400.

Now, do I stick with my ketogenic diet, 5C/25P/70F or do I switch and get carbs in. Just wondering what people’s thoughts are on a lean bulk and what diet they’ve had success with.

Kind Regards
Genuine Tomato

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I found that the benefits of the ketogenic diet were appetite suppression and loss of water weight, neither which are beneficial to muscle gains so I guess my question would be why you are considering sticking to it? You can get fat in ketosis just like you can on carb based diet. The proportion of fat to muscle gains will depend largely on how glutenous you get.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Protein 25% carbs 45% fats 25%. 5% could go in the carbs or proteins but not into the fats. I can't account for every single item every day of the week so a 5% fluctuation is as tight as I can get it.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Keto is terrible for a lean bulk because it sucks at doing the "bulk" part. Add some carbs in, at least 150g.
Then focus on the size of your caloric surplus - bit of trial & error needed here. If your gaining more than 2-3lbs per month, it's probably fat. Easy way to minimize fat gain while not compromising muscle growth.

New Threads