Testosterone Cycle Question

Iowabull

Reaction score
I am new to the forum. I hope I am posting this to the right place. I have only done 1 cycle in the past(500 mg of test a week for 10 weeks) I recently had blood work done to see where my levels are. My Test was low at 280. I am going to do another cycle again starting in October along with Deca or Tren. I have a couple questions:

1. Since I am low on test would it be a good idea to always run test at some level, maybe 500 in cycle and less out of cycle but constantly be on test or cycle normal and do PCT normally?

2. I am having trouble deciding between running the Tren or the Deca? I have researched the both but still am not sure. What is the likely hood of the more unfavorable side effects on each one ?

Thanks in advance.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Yeesh. Those levels must feel horrible

Rumpy

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Did you do PCT after that cycle? Did you do pre-cycle labs to get a base line reading? We need more info, how old are you and what are your goals for the next cycle. Deca is great for bulking, tren is better for cutting and will have more sides than deca.

TRT is a life long commitment so depending on your age and goals you might want to forget about cycling and see an endo.

Iowabull

Reaction score
I did do PCT after the last cycle. I had no bad side effects. Everything felt normal during and after cycle. I did not do pre cycle labs. I want to get big and lean on my cycle. I am ok with putting on good weight. I will be 40 in a couple weeks. I am 6'5" 285 pounds. I work out regularly 5 days a week of strength training 6-7 days a week of cardio. I have slow metabolism and struggle with my weight. Right now I am consuming 2500-3000 calories a day aiming for my body weight in protien, 200 carbs, and 100 fat. These are all recommended from my nutritionist.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Imo

Get yourself dialed in on a trt regimen first

then go ahead and dabble in the goodies but

this flip flopping between glory & garbage

Is gunna be ridiculous

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
I did do PCT after the last cycle. I had no bad side effects. Everything felt normal during and after cycle. I did not do pre cycle labs. I want to get big and lean on my cycle. I am ok with putting on good weight. I will be 40 in a couple weeks. I am 6'5" 285 pounds. I work out regularly 5 days a week of strength training 6-7 days a week of cardio. I have slow metabolism and struggle with my weight. Right now I am consuming 2500-3000 calories a day aiming for my body weight in protien, 200 carbs, and 100 fat. These are all recommended from my nutritionist.

If you are sure those are your normal test levels, you will want to run all year long. You will have to decide if you want to self prescribe or go through a doc. If you self prescribe, you will want to make sure your test is dosed accurately.

Honestly as far as the cycle goes, if you are trying to lose weight, a test only will be fine. What you want to do is keep yourself in an anabolic state to help preserve muscle, keep that protein high and cut slow. It will allow you to keep as much muscle as possible while you body fat % goes down. You will start to plateau on weight loss before too long but all you will need to do is keep the protein high and reduce carbs and fat to get past that plateau. Of course not dropping too fast.

The test only is just a suggestion, you could go to 750mg. No real "wrong" way but a proper cut is mainly done with diet and time. Since you are not used to a bunch of drugs, you really don't need a bunch. My last cut was 400 test and 300 deca, I've run more than I should over the years at times though. I always run at least 150 on the deca for joint relief.

You may get different opinions on this one but that will give you options and that's what makes these places great with the right members.

Iowabull

Reaction score
If you are sure those are your normal test levels, you will want to run all year long. You will have to decide if you want to self prescribe or go through a doc. If you self prescribe, you will want to make sure your test is dosed accurately.

Honestly as far as the cycle goes, if you are trying to lose weight, a test only will be fine. What you want to do is keep yourself in an anabolic state to help preserve muscle, keep that protein high and cut slow. It will allow you to keep as much muscle as possible while you body fat % goes down. You will start to plateau on weight loss before too long but all you will need to do is keep the protein high and reduce carbs and fat to get past that plateau. Of course not dropping too fast.

The test only is just a suggestion, you could go to 750mg. No real "wrong" way but a proper cut is mainly done with diet and time. Since you are not used to a bunch of drugs, you really don't need a bunch. My last cut was 400 test and 300 deca, I've run more than I should over the years at times though. I always run at least 150 on the deca for joint relief.

You may get different opinions on this one but that will give you options and that's what makes these places great with the right members.
Thanks for the info. What would you recommend I run for test if I self medicated? Would I have cycles within the year where I ran more ? Also I have heard before about deca helping with joint pain. I have had both knees replaced and had lots of other joint issues. I would be very interested in trying that. Also would I run anything like a PCT while I'm taking the gear?

Reaction score
No need to pct once you’re on trt. Dosing is dependent on the person, I take 140mg a week, others take 200 plus. You can do what known as blast and cruise, run a cycle at higher doses (500 plus), for x amount of weeks, then cruise at maintenance doses while off

Iowabull

Reaction score
No need to pct once you’re on trt. Dosing is dependent on the person, I take 140mg a week, others take 200 plus. You can do what known as blast and cruise, run a cycle at higher doses (500 plus), for x amount of weeks, then cruise at maintenance doses while off
Awesome. Thanks for the info. Where is the best place or how do you get blood work done to monitor levels while you are self medicating ? I assume it's hard to have your regular doc order those tests

Iowabull

Reaction score
Also if I was to run deca or something during my blast would I still not need any PCT of any kind?

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
If you plan to stay on test .. Nevet need a pct then. If you were only as 280 . more then likely when you come off even with a pct it wont even come back that high. I run 600 on cycle and 250 cruising . I run 250 deca a week on cycle mostly for,joint help
Lol getting old and the joints dont like the heavy weights anymore. I have done tren twice but the sides are too brutal for me

Iowabull

Reaction score
If you plan to stay on test .. Nevet need a pct then. If you were only as 280 . more then likely when you come off even with a pct it wont even come back that high. I run 600 on cycle and 250 cruising . I run 250 deca a week on cycle mostly for,joint help
Lol getting old and the joints dont like the heavy weights anymore. I have done tren twice but the sides are too brutal for me
Thanks for the info. How many cycles do you run a year on this plan ?

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. What would you recommend I run for test if I self medicated? Would I have cycles within the year where I ran more ? Also I have heard before about deca helping with joint pain. I have had both knees replaced and had lots of other joint issues. I would be very interested in trying that. Also would I run anything like a PCT while I'm taking the gear?
Straight30 weight answered some for you.

Deca is worth it if you have problems. I'm good at 150mg but usually run it at 300mg.

For testing, here is an online link where you can get the test, pay online, and print it up-

https://www.privatemdlabs.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0ummxMO93QIVgQOGCh2bBQ3HEAAYASAAEgLEZ_D_BwE

Google labcorp in your area, this is where you will want to take the paper and have blood drawn.

If you don't have one close, quest diagnostic does it but I would have to get the website info. They are a little higher so I list them as a secondary.

Bizzybone

Reaction score
Straight30 weight answered some for you.

Deca is worth it if you have problems. I'm good at 150mg but usually run it at 300mg.

For testing, here is an online link where you can get the test, pay online, and print it up-

https://www.privatemdlabs.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0ummxMO93QIVgQOGCh2bBQ3HEAAYASAAEgLEZ_D_BwE

Google labcorp in your area, this is where you will want to take the paper and have blood drawn.

If you don't have one close, quest diagnostic does it but I would have to get the website info. They are a little higher so I list them as a secondary.

Use SEPT18 code for 15% discount when using lab corp.

Reactions: HDH

Iowabull

Reaction score
When I'm on my cruise can I just pin once a week ?

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
When I'm on my cruise can I just pin once a week ?

I do twice a week..you have ai on hand? If you’re going to be on all year stock up and schedule regular blood work..I’ve been doing every 6 to 7 weeks. Get yourself dialed in where your levels are stable get used to that and then blast away. Welcome to the ug

Iowabull

Reaction score
I can get some. Will I need to be on ai full time ?
I do twice a week..you have ai on hand? If you’re going to be on all year stock up and schedule regular blood work..I’ve been doing every 6 to 7 weeks. Get yourself dialed in where your levels are stable get used to that and then blast away. Welcome to the ug

Iowabull

Reaction score
Do you run any ai while on your cruise or cycle ?

New Threads