Testosterone Cycle Question

Rumpy

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I dropped my TRT/cruise to 175 and do not need an AI, when I was at 250 I'd take about 5-7mg of stane once a week, that's all I needed, but everyone is different. Labs are the best way to go. I don't mind my e2 running on the higher side, I hold more water, but generally feel better, so I tend to run the minimum amount of AI to keep me in range. I'll start low and bump it up a hair at the first sign of gyno sides, then verify next time I run labs

I would definitely have an AI on hand, no question. I prefer aromasin, fwit. Also a good idea to keep a serm like nolva on hand in case you mess up on the AI.

The basic hormone blood panel will get you dialed in on test dosage and AI, and will also give you your RBC and crit, both important to monitor regularly, but once a year or so you should spend a little money and check lipids and PSA if your Dr isn't already doing it. They can creep up and cause problems.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
dose Your ai based off your bloodwork...some do not need ai on cruise some do

Iowabull

Reaction score
I dropped my TRT/cruise to 175 and do not need an AI, when I was at 250 I'd take about 5-7mg of stane once a week, that's all I needed, but everyone is different. Labs are the best way to go. I don't mind my e2 running on the higher side, I hold more water, but generally feel better, so I tend to run the minimum amount of AI to keep me in range. I'll start low and bump it up a hair at the first sign of gyno sides, then verify next time I run labs

I would definitely have an AI on hand, no question. I prefer aromasin, fwit. Also a good idea to keep a serm like nolva on hand in case you mess up on the AI.

The basic hormone blood panel will get you dialed in on test dosage and AI, and will also give you your RBC and crit, both important to monitor regularly, but once a year or so you should spend a little money and check lipids and PSA if your Dr isn't already doing it. They can creep up and cause problems.

Great info. Thank you. What levels should I look for on Test and RBC ?

Iowabull

Reaction score

Also I would never run an ai on blast correct ?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
When I'm on my cruise can I just pin once a week ?

Once a week or 2x. Either is fine. I did 2x for the first two years than switched to once. Can’t tell a difference.

Iowabull

Reaction score
RBC: within lab reference range.
Total test: 600-900 in the trough

Incorrect. That’s when you’ll need it more.

I was going to start off on the blast for this cycle. My blood work had my test at 280. Will I need to run any ai during the first blast cycle or what and get blood work done during the cruise and use ai from those results ?

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
When I'm on my cruise can I just pin once a week ?

You should be fine on once a week. I've been doing once a week for Enan/Cyp and above for years and know a lot of long time guy that do unless they are running a high volume of oil then it's just to spread out injections.

Many are adamant about twice a week and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
Once a week or 2x. Either is fine. I did 2x for the first two years than switched to once. Can’t tell a difference.

Damn, I didn't see any of your posts or I would'n have posted the one above this.

I was going to like it but I don't seem to have any like buttons tonight :0)

Rumpy

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
RBC and everything else you want to keep in range, (the normal ranges the specify on the lab results)

Test is going to be a bit more of personal choice. 250/week put me around 1200 TT, and I felt great there, but after a few years I'm suffering form all the things I warned about. I agree with Jin, 600-900 is a good range to shoot for. I dropped mine to 175/week shooting for around 800, but it's too soon to run labs.

I pin just once a week, but I've been running test UD or sust, so I stay pretty stable. You can always run a long ester like that as a base, then add cyp or eth on top to blast. That is to say run, say 200/week, of sust year round, then keep running it on blast, but add 200mg of cyp 2X a week on top for a 600/week total.

And yes, as everyone has said, you will NEED an AI on blast. Titrate by tit, start low and increase as needed. Crashed E2 sucks bundy balls. But keep in mind an AI only blocks the production of new estrogen, it does nothing about what's already in your system, so when you increase your AI dosage it will be a few days until you feel the difference, this is where a serm comes in handy.

Iowabull

Reaction score
RBC and everything else you want to keep in range, (the normal ranges the specify on the lab results)

Test is going to be a bit more of personal choice. 250/week put me around 1200 TT, and I felt great there, but after a few years I'm suffering form all the things I warned about. I agree with Jin, 600-900 is a good range to shoot for. I dropped mine to 175/week shooting for around 800, but it's too soon to run labs.

I pin just once a week, but I've been running test UD or sust, so I stay pretty stable. You can always run a long ester like that as a base, then add cyp or eth on top to blast. That is to say run, say 200/week, of sust year round, then keep running it on blast, but add 200mg of cyp 2X a week on top for a 600/week total.

And yes, as everyone has said, you will NEED an AI on blast. Titrate by tit, start low and increase as needed. Crashed E2 sucks bundy balls. But keep in mind an AI only blocks the production of new estrogen, it does nothing about what's already in your system, so when you increase your AI dosage it will be a few days until you feel the difference, this is where a serm comes in handy.

Thanks once again for all the information. I apologize for all the questions. I just want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to run the gear and be as safe as possible. Wha would be a good starting point of ai during my blast, and when during my blast should I begin to take it ?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Thanks once again for all the information. I apologize for all the questions. I just want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to run the gear and be as safe as possible. Wha would be a good starting point of ai during my blast, and when during my blast should I begin to take it ?

Ask away!

AI: depends on how much YOU aromatize test to e2. Everybody is different. Only experience & bloodwork will teach you.

Ai is also dependent on how much aromomatizing gear you are using (some don’t at all, others a little, some orals a lot).

For guys running their first cycle of 500/wk of test I recommend .25 of adex 2-3x/wk right off the bat, bloodwork at 4-6 weeks then adjust from there.

Iowabull

Reaction score
Ask away!

AI: depends on how much YOU aromatize test to e2. Everybody is different. Only experience & bloodwork will teach you.

Ai is also dependent on how much aromomatizing gear you are using (some don’t at all, others a little, some orals a lot).

For guys running their first cycle of 500/wk of test I recommend .25 of adex 2-3x/wk right off the bat, bloodwork at 4-6 weeks then adjust from there.
Thank you that all makes sense. What things/symptoms will I notice that I will want to increase the ai ?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Thank you that all makes sense. What things/symptoms will I notice that I will want to increase the ai ?

Completely individual. Here are mine in order of appearance

No morning wood
frequent (nocturnal mostly) urination (likely due to benign prostate enlargement )
decreased libido
puffy look/retaining water
severe lethargy

This is my list from slightly above range to over 2x max range. Notice I never had any symptoms of gyno and that's why it makes me crazy when guys say "I have ai on hand in case if gyno". Well, you might never get it and/or have sky high e2 with no gyno.

Your symptoms may vary in order of appearance or overall.

Iowabull

Reaction score

No morning wood
frequent (nocturnal mostly) urination (likely due to benign prostate enlargement )
decreased libido
severe lethargy

This is my list from slightly above range to over 2x max range. Notice I never had any symptoms of gyno and that's why it makes me crazy when guys say "I have ai on hand in case if gyno". Well, you might never get it and/or have sky high e2 with no gyno.

Gotcha. Thanks for that. I will get some armidex on hand when I start this cycle. I ran 500 of test for 10 weeks with no side effects so hopefully I dont have any this time.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Gotcha. Thanks for that. I will get some armidex on hand when I start this cycle. I ran 500 of test for 10 weeks with no side effects so hopefully I dont have any this time.

You don’t have to run an Ai from the start if that’s the case. Just get bloods pulled at 5 weeks or so and check your e2.

No bloodwork last run?

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score

No morning wood
decreased libido
severe lethargy

same here bro.

Reactions: Jin

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Straight30 weight answered some for you.

Deca is worth it if you have problems. I'm good at 150mg but usually run it at 300mg.

For testing, here is an online link where you can get the test, pay online, and print it up-

https://www.privatemdlabs.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0ummxMO93QIVgQOGCh2bBQ3HEAAYASAAEgLEZ_D_BwE

Google labcorp in your area, this is where you will want to take the paper and have blood drawn.

If you don't have one close, quest diagnostic does it but I would have to get the website info. They are a little higher so I list them as a secondary.
I remember reading somewhere...that the "female" hormone test will tell a male what he needs to know if cruising or cycling? Is this still true?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere...that the "female" hormone test will tell a male what he needs to know if cruising or cycling? Is this still true?
Yes. And it’s cheaper. Chose female hormone panel and pick M as your sex.

HDH

Elite
Reaction score

Yes sir, Mr Jin is absolutely correct.