The Ketogenic Sponge

Chillinlow

Reaction score
It’s a tuff road just cause your limited to so little of what you can eat unless you have time to cook your own meals

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There hasn't been a Ketogenic Spongy update in two weeks.

Word is he went crazy and hijacked a bread truck.:D

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I thought my subscription expired....

Now I'm picturing spongy huddled in a corner snorting pixie sticks.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well i hope he and the fam are good, 8 needs a diet as well, just no keto for me, hopefully his endurance aspirations didnt hurt him

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Alright all. I made it a month and it was a great experience. My weight evened out for the most part and leaned out a bit for sure.

I'm slowly adding carbs back in at this point just to get back to a more traditional diet. I enjoyed keto but I miss the pumps in the gym and things are really starting to ramp up with the endurance training and I honestly felt as though I wasn't able to push myself as hard and I dont think keto was conducive to my goals at this time.

I will likely revisit it after my event in March when I get back to a more conventional training schedule.

I'm honestly looking forward to giving it another go under different circumstances and for a longer period of time!

Feel free to ask any questions, but keep in mind I only went for a month.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well i hope he and the fam are good, 8 needs a diet as well, just no keto for me, hopefully his endurance aspirations didnt hurt him

Email sent ;)

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I thought my subscription expired....

Now I'm picturing spongy huddled in a corner snorting pixie sticks.

That gives me an idea...

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Did you see any advantages?

Oh for sure. I could definitely see it being advantageous when trying to break through a plateau while cutting. It also really simplifies cooking because of the limited options, I basically ate the same thing almost every day.

As weak as I felt in the gym, I honestly felt pretty damn good during my endurance training. My energy levels were pretty on par with how I feel when I am eating 95% clean. I very rarely felt hungry despite the deficit on some days. It was also nice to eat cheese and cuts of meats I normally don't eat.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Oh for sure. I could definitely see it being advantageous when trying to break through a plateau while cutting. It also really simplifies cooking because of the limited options, I basically ate the same thing almost every day.

As weak as I felt in the gym, I honestly felt pretty damn good during my endurance training. My energy levels were pretty on par with how I feel when I am eating 95% clean. I very rarely felt hungry despite the deficit on some days. It was also nice to eat cheese and cuts of meats I normally don't eat.

I’d be curious to see how you feel doing endurance running with yohimbine. As I mentioned, it seems to put me in a similar state.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you don’t mind, I’d be curious the weight you gain bringing the carbs back..I know slowly but how much weight gain do they cause?:)

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I bet he puts on 8lbs in 2 days.

Yea, I figure that to an extent and I'm sure it can be more as it just depends on amount eaten...I am truly happy that I don't even need a big amount of carbs to function...haven't been a big carb eater in years...and have no issues with training or thinking lol...maybe my body is just used to it.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Total weight lost was 12 lbs, I'm sure quite a bit of it was water and glycogen. Eating 100g carbs today, 35g are fiber. I will let you know what happens with the weight.

Maijah

Elite
Reaction score
I eat 100 grams of carbs for breakfast.. I need a serious adjustment in my diet I eat too much if everything, I curious to see how fast you gain weight back as well Spong. How do you feel/look? Leaner? Tighter?

Chillinlow

Reaction score
How were the joints? Every time I’ve done keto pr even low carb diet my joints start to hurt ache when lifting.

New Threads