The Ketogenic Sponge

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Keto is the diet I enjoyed the most out of everything I've tried. Not sure why but my reflux disappeared pretty much overnight when on this diet. I could actually eat spicy foods again, Sriracha got put on most everything lol.

My favorite breakfast in the world, you have to try it Spongy:

1 cup of spinach sauteed in butter
1 cup of ground turkey with taco seasoning (cooked, crumbled)
4 eggs
1/4 cup of sour cream
2 tablespoons of guacamole

Pre-cook the turkey in bulk
Sautee the spinach up, then add in the eggs and turkey in the same pan
Cook until the eggs are desired consistency
Add some sriracha and enjoy

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Day 3 in the books

First day weight training and I can definitely tell a difference. I felt frustratingly weak and had to adjust accordingly. I knew this would be the case, so I'm not surprised despite the frustration. I would say, conservatively, I took about 10-20% off each lift.

I've been doing cardio every day (enter triggered POB, stage right) so I'm sure I'm significantly depleted of glycogen but I haven't really noticed a difference in my endurance.

Peed on a strip today, no detectable ketones yet, once again not surprised.

Anyhow, diet for the day was a bit cleaner. Calories just shy of maintenance.

64% fat
29% protein
7% carb

14g net carbs, the rest from fiber

Foods for the day:

Coffee
Butter
Eggs
Pork sausage
Mozzarella cheese
Cheddar cheese
Beef stick
Chicken thighs
Sirloin tip roast
Spinach
Balsamic vinaigrette
Sunflower seeds
MyProtein Whey Isolate
Chia seeds
Olive oil
Metamucil

No headaches today
Not as thirsty today

So far so good

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I ran carbnite (1 carb day per week) for months and it worked amazing for me. After the first week of feeling like shit (you go 10-14 days at first before your first refeed), I felt amazing. Want to go back to it actually but its just really hard for me during football/beer season.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Day 4 done

I woke up tired as hell and stayed that way pretty much all day. I honestly can't say tired is the best way to describe it though. Lethargy I guess. Awake, but just blah.

Surprisingly my cardio session tonight went quite well. I don't feel like my endurance has suffered any.

66% fat
27% protein
7% carb

13 net carbs, the rest just fiber

Foods for the day:

Coffee
Butter
Coconut oil
Eggs
Egg whites
Olive oil
Sirloin tip roast
Mustard
Macadamia nuts
Spinach
Balsamic vinaigrette
Sunflower seeds
Whole roasted fresh young chicken - did not eat skin
MyProtein whey isolate
Chia seeds
Metamucil

I would say hunger was a bit more controlled today. Ate at slightly below maintenance.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for keeping this log. I'll be really interested to hear you opinion when you're done.

Forgive me if it's mentioned somewhere in here and I didn't see it, but are you also doing a calorie deficit with this or are you doing maintenance ?

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for keeping this log. I'll be really interested to hear you opinion when you're done.

Forgive me if it's mentioned somewhere in here and I didn't see it, but are you also doing a calorie deficit with this or are you doing maintenance ?

Doing a slight calorie deficit. Nothing more than 500 per day and eating at or above maintenance on weekends. I'm doing a lot more endurance work so trying to keep calories reasonable.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How old are you...if you don't mind me asking?:p

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Day 5

Felt decent today but got a headache later in the afternoon. I have some pretty killer blisters on my feet from training, but that's cool with me. I need more callouses come March!

Today I ate slightly above maintenance.

65% fat
25% protein
10% carb

16 net carbs, the rest were fiber

Foods:

Coffee
Butter
Coconut oil
Eggs
Egg Whites
Sirloin tip roast
Macadamia nuts
Metamucil
Whole roasted chicken without skin
Spinach
Balsamic vinaigrette
Sunflower seeds
Chia seeds
MyProtein Whey Isolate
Mushrooms
Almond milk
Olive oil

I am down 3.2 lbs since starting, even with the initial two days of weight gain.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How old are you...if you don't mind me asking?:p

I am 33
5'10
240 lbs
20% BF after last cycle with insulin and npp that ended a couple weeks back

Currently lowered my cruising dose to 250mg per week.

No AI as I dont require one typically at this dose

Like i said in the beginning, I've got two little girls now and as much as I want to keep pushing my aesthetic limits, I want to be there for them more. I dont have the genetics to take aas nonstop like the pros and I dont want to end up another blurb on the news about death due to steroid abuse.

I've always been a competitor whether in fitness or other aspects of my life, so fitness is engrained in me. It's just time to start thinking about what's truly important.

I put on more weight during this last cycle than I had originally planned, mostly due to wanting to see how far I could push my strength.

right now I have about 192 lbs of lbm and I'm looking to drop down to about 210lbs and 10% by March for my endurance event in order to be competitive. That leaves me with about 189lbs lbm. I'll still be a lot bigger than most competitors but oh well.

HydroEJP88

Elite
Reaction score
I'm gonna follow this also because I've been considering this diet a lot lately.

I've never dieted ever but I'm gonna start yoga due to me having the flexibility of a 2x4 so I think this will compliment that very well.

So I have a sweet tooth. Wtf does someone on keto eat to curb this?

Last edited:

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna follow this also because I've been considering this diet a lot lately.

I've never dieted ever but I'm gonna start yoga due to me having the flexibility of a 2x4 so I think this will compliment that very well.

So I have a sweet tooth. Wtf does someone on keto eat to curb this?

8oz vanilla unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 scoop myprotein whey isolate cinnamon roll

pour about 5 oz into a mug with the chia seeds and put in the fridge for an hour or so. Makes a nice, sweet, slight crunchy pudding.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Day 6 morning. Down 4lbs so far. A bit too fast for my taste but it's probably due to the transition into ketosis.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hmm, those MCTs will just go right through ya, eh?

Reactions: Jin

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Day 6 morning. Down 4lbs so far. A bit too fast for my taste but it's probably due to the transition into ketosis.

Assuming a large chunk of that is water from pulling carbs? It’ll be interesting to see how the drop continues.

Last edited:

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Assuming a large chunk of that is water right from pulling carbs? It’ll be interesting to see how the drop continues.

I'm assuming so. Definitely looking a bit flat. I'm going to up the calories a bit too. I'm looking for about 5-6lb drop per month.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Explosive. Your body will adjust quickly but stay near a toilet for now.

Yup, I'm just planning on being late for everything today lol.

New Threads