hello everyone

Reaction score
been lurking for a while and decided to join so here is a quick intro.

Used to be an athlete that transitioned into a physically demanding job, which kept me nice and trimmed, with only using the gym as a supplement and not a necessity.

about 1 year ago, I took a desk job for a large corporation, and have been slipping into being uncomfortable in my own body. I feel how I was in the past wasn't an accurate depiction, even though physically fit able to perform tasks (baseball in college), I never developed a diet. simply because I was young, constantly in motion, and frankly ate about whatever I thought was "healthy" with not paying much attention because it didn't matter.

fast forward to now. The company provides free membership to Planet Fitness, which I have been using 5 days a week for about the past 10 months. I joined to hope to get tips and learn as much as possible because I have plateaued/stalled with my cardio and strength training.

right now
5'10"
215 lbs
BMI 27

hope to sharpen up my diet, bust the plateau, get myself to 180ish pounds with about 18-20 BMI

TL;DR - got old, got fat, need to return to former glory or better!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
That was a refreshing into! Nice that you are getting back into it and if there's anything you need advice on, just ask.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Welcome to the underground

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome. I have a desk job too. It presents challenges, but nothing that can't be overcome.

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG. You’ll find a lot of guys here have that same struggle of a desk job and will be able to learn how to effectively combat that shit.
start with the diet and getting back into the gym, the progress will come so don’t get discouraged!

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome. I have a desk job too. It presents challenges, but nothing that can't be overcome.

EXACTLY!!! I’m an ass sitter also for work...that doesn’t stop anything!!

Welcome.. kick ass as everyone can!!

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board. They still do pizza Friday at those gyms?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to The Underground

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome

New Threads