Labs question

MadeInDixie

Reaction score
My original lab number was 330. I have been running 200 mg cyp a week for the past 2 weeks. I go get blood work redone on the 28th to see how it is effecting my levels. If I did a shot of 150 my deca with my 200 mg cyp, how would that affect my test results on the 28th? Just curious. I'm not wanting to get them too high so I can keep my same dose as I have now. I just didn't want to take the risk.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Deca should have no effect on your total Testosterone levels in your blood work. It will shut you down but so will exogenous testosterone. My concern is if you got test sold to you in place of real deca; that could go south quick.

My recommendation is to stick with the test only and at the level you're at if you are doctoring. For now anyway :32 (17):

MadeInDixie

Reaction score
I'm on trt so I know my test is legit from the pharmacy. I know the guy that I get the deca from so I know it's legit deca. I'm gonna start my cycle after I get my blood done with 500 test and 300 deca a week. I just wanted to make sure that the deca wouldn't screw up my test numbers for my labs.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm on trt so I know my test is legit from the pharmacy. I know the guy that I get the deca from so I know it's legit deca. I'm gonna start my cycle after I get my blood done with 500 test and 300 deca a week. I just wanted to make sure that the deca wouldn't screw up my test numbers for my labs.

It may push your lipids up but that's it for a standard CBC & CMP

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
are u using a low dose of deca for your joints..?

MadeInDixie

Reaction score
Gymrat I was gonna use 150 a week, but then I got to doing more research and decided to go ahead and up it to 300 a week. Might as well get the full benefits of it combining with the test.

MadeInDixie

Reaction score
Gymrat I was gonna use 150 a week, but then I got to doing more research and decided to go ahead and up it to 300 a week. Might as well get the full benefits of it combining with the test.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score

Eh, for full benefit I’d go 400 min.

MadeInDixie

Reaction score
Jin, does deca cause swelling in your ankles and joints? I noticed a couple of days after doing a shot that my ankles are swollen some. I know that people say it helps with joints but I didn't think it would swell.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Jin, does deca cause swelling in your ankles and joints? I noticed a couple of days after doing a shot that my ankles are swollen some. I know that people say it helps with joints but I didn't think it would swell.

It should not.

Chances are you have some edema and are retaining water due to elevated e2. Deca aromatizes about half(?) the rate test does.

How much total gear are you pinning a week?

when did you start?

are you taking an Ai?

When you take your socks off, if you can see their imprint on your skin afterwards, you’re probably retaining water.

MadeInDixie

Reaction score
I,have been pinning 200 cyp a week and I just started Sunday with 250 cyp and 150 deca. I haven't taken an ai yet because I wanted to see why the swelling first. Yes, you can see the outline of my socks around the bottom of my ankles. Do you think I should start the ai or could it be from something else?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I,have been pinning 200 cyp a week and I just started Sunday with 250 cyp and 150 deca. I haven't taken an ai yet because I wanted to see why the swelling first. Yes, you can see the outline of my socks around the bottom of my ankles. Do you think I should start the ai or could it be from something else?

Cycle doses: 500t/300d?

There will be lots of different opinions on this. Here is mine:

.25 of adex 3/wk

blood test after 4 weeks. Adjust from there. I’ve let e2 get way out of control and it was hard to reel it in.

You wont tank your e2 with those doses of I got your cycle totals correct.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
MrRippedzilla, hope I'm not stealing your thunder but I thought an earlier post you made might be applicable to this conversation in regards nandrolone causing a false elevation in test.

A post I made elsewhere:

When getting bloodwork done most members tend to go with the ECLIA method used by Lapcorp, which causes false elevations in both test & e2 levels due to Nandrolone metabolites.
Pages 5&7 from this paper produced by the FDA talks about the ECLIA method and the interference caused by nandrolone metabolites and the issue is summarized best here:
https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/reviews/k093421.pdf
"Nandrolone was tested and was considered as interference substance; therefore, the sponsor (Roche) has the following limitations in the labeling...Do not use samples from patients under Nandrolone treatment..."

In order to avoid any false positives you would need to get BW from a lab that uses Quest Diagnostics and NOT Labcorp as their main processing service.
In fact, the terms & conditions of the Lapcorp tests specifically state that their tests wouldn't provide accurate readings for 19-Nors.

However, though the LS/MSMS method that works for Nandrolone metabolites also works for Tren (the medical community is pushing to use this method for all steroid hormone testing), for those who do go through Quest - they tend to use the standard RIA for Test & Estradiol and this still gives falsely elevated readings.
You will also need to specifically request the extraction RIA method instead to avoid this issue with them and other providers.

Finally, just for the sake of being complete, here is another paper further illustrating ECLIA being incompatible for AAS users:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4112981/
- Dbol/EQ & Provi (only for cortisol) get a brief mention
- Aromasin slightly interferes with progesterone readings (by approx. 0.5 ng/mL).
- No interference from Var, Winny & Tbol
- Norethindrone (progestogen found in BC, important for women) also causes interference

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
If I did a shot of 150 my deca with my 200 mg cyp, how would that affect my test results on the 28th? Just curious. I'm not wanting to get them too high so I can keep my same dose as I have now. I just didn't want to take the risk.

Let me get this right, You started the Deca, then asked about it's effect on blood work?

New Threads