Hi all

28 years old
6'-0"
195 lbs
10% bf?
I was diagnosed with low testosterone and was on Androgel for a year
I stopped taking it because of the acne side effects
Been training for over 12 years...took two weeks off in Jan 2007 to travel

Since TRT, I've decided to run a 10-12 week course of test cyp...I figure I could get my test levels high for 3 months and not have to deal with acne problems all year.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The gel is crap. Trt done with injects you would probably have minimal acne problems.

Reaction score
Yeah the doc offered 200mg every two weeks of test cyp but I never went back to her for it. I figured I would just hop on a cycle and do the real thing

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
With low test levels from the start you won't be able to maintain your gains once you come off cycle.

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just hook up with a trt clinic or self prescribe. Plenty of guys around here to help you get a handle on all this. Low t is not going to be solved with one 3 month cycle a year.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My trt protocol is 125mg/5days.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah the doc offered 200mg every two weeks of test cyp but I never went back to her for it. I figured I would just hop on a cycle and do the real thing

go back and get it. at least you ll have your insurance company paying for a small bit of it.

as Dfeaton said, you wont hold the gains at all. You will need to cruise, basically forever. do you use hcg?? im 28 too man, i dont have low test but id sure like my natty levels higher than they are.

if you have a good source or go back the TRT it shouldnt be too bad. but you ll be on tes/hcg forever, well 20-30yrs.

i am not sure how bad they are, you never posted test results or anything.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Besides, having a script for test may not help you beat a charge if you ever face one but it sure as hell can't hurt!

Welcome to SI brother.

Respect,
Vette

Reaction score
With low test levels from the start you won't be able to maintain your gains once you come off cycle.

I made good gains this past year and I've been able to hold on to some of it...granted not as much as I wished.

Reaction score
Just hook up with a trt clinic or self prescribe. Plenty of guys around here to help you get a handle on all this. Low t is not going to be solved with one 3 month cycle a year.

I don't think Low T can be solved at all...I know its a permanent problem with no permanent fix. How would I self-prescribe? You mean get some from an underground lab and just self administer?

Reaction score
go back and get it. at least you ll have your insurance company paying for a small bit of it.

as Dfeaton said, you wont hold the gains at all. You will need to cruise, basically forever. do you use hcg?? im 28 too man, i dont have low test but id sure like my natty levels higher than they are.

if you have a good source or go back the TRT it shouldnt be too bad. but you ll be on tes/hcg forever, well 20-30yrs.

i am not sure how bad they are, you never posted test results or anything.

That's the thing...I don't want to be on it forever...I just want to gain my muscle and be clean 9 months out of the year.

I'm not on HCG either. Right now I'm not on anything and my acne has cleared up quite nicely.

My levels were 200 ng/dL, 180 ng/dL and at one point it was 85 ng/dL. This was natural before TRT.

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome, and do injects, gel is too risky rubbing on loved ones

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SI

sfstud33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
200mg every two weeks seems a reasonable place to start.

I was using kaiser and they would give me one x 400mg shot per month - that was it. So you are going to be much better off.

BTW, what they say is right, there is no comparison between the injectable and the rub on. Definately get yourself hooked up with the injectable stuff - its night and day much better.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Mate! All of the above, x2. Gels are a waste of your time and potentially dangerous to your Bird if she comes into contact with you after application. Agree also re: go get that script! Even if only for use should you ever catch a charge.

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the family brother... I aslo agree to all above posted. Trt is for life and your levels are shit.. U need to be on injections ASAP. How's the sexlife? Any depression? U at that age with that low of T is no good man
Go back to the dr and get the script.. After u actually get on injections u will fell like a real man again and I promise u will thank us

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the SI brotherhood!

I can tell you from experience anything short of test injections will yield you less results than you deserve. I will admit to fearing the needle back in the day and using the oral test trochie. After a short time I wised up (manned up) and befriended the needle. It was the beginning of a wonderful relationship. My pecker, my wife, my gains all thank me now for making the change. You should too!

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That's the thing...I don't want to be on it forever...I just want to gain my muscle and be clean 9 months out of the year.

I'm not on HCG either. Right now I'm not on anything and my acne has cleared up quite nicely.

My levels were 200 ng/dL, 180 ng/dL and at one point it was 85 ng/dL. This was natural before TRT.

you will need good tes levels to hold on to the muscle. so once you stop you ll shrink down to pre TRT/cycle size.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There is no shame in being young and on TRT. I started on TRT when I was 26 because of similar levels to you. Granted, mine come from past injuries that I was unaware of, but still.

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
you will need good tes levels to hold on to the muscle. so once you stop you ll shrink down to pre TRT/cycle size.

This is what I was trying to get at. One cycle a year isn't going to produce your desired results. Consistent, healthy to levels will. I'm 25 and if my levels were like yours, I would be on injects ASAP! No shame in this, just as spongy said. It's about being healthy and... vigorous.

RoidGear.net

Latest posts