28% Protein

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Yogurt use to be 12% protein... well some still are. Then Oikos hit the market with their 20%, then topped it with their 25%. The wife just picked up some : ratio yogurt that is 28%. It does have some carbs and fats unlike the Oikos but damn, this shit is thick!

Anyone try this yet? I gotta draw the line here. This is just way to thick to be enjoyable.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
What's the brand name? I'm guessing it's not Oikos since you said "has carbs and fats unlike the Oikos".

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No sir ... I will say I've be getting the Fairlife protein shake with 30 grams of protein pretty low calories ... 150 I believe ... not a huge yogurt fan due to so many pack in the added sugar ... with the one exception of icecream replacement ... I will partake in the frozen yogurt with gram cracker topping ...

Reaction score
We have "Skyr" some islandic yogurt which is about 44g protein and 250cals per package. I'm not a fan of it's taste and it's too bland for me, I like Greek yogurt even though it's about 30g or so protein.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
I guess I'm spoiled b/c I eat yogurt, but it's made fresh. For those old farts you may remember hanging with cheese cloth and all. Mother-in-law does this for me once a month and then I enjoy it a couple times a week with olives. Very bitter but delicious imho.

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Greek yogurt and real peanut butter are my snacks… good choice 👍🏼

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
What's the brand name? I'm guessing it's not Oikos since you said "has carbs and fats unlike the Oikos".
The brand name is :ratio . I put that in my original thread but after reading it, I could have explained that a little better. Lol

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
No sir ... I will say I've be getting the Fairlife protein shake with 30 grams of protein pretty low calories ... 150 I believe ... not a huge yogurt fan due to so many pack in the added sugar ... with the one exception of icecream replacement ... I will partake in the frozen yogurt with gram cracker topping ...
Those protein shakes are actually good. You got to be careful though because they put the 30 g ones next to the 20 g ones

Jonjon

Reaction score
I’m gonna tell you guys a good way to do Greek yogurt. This works great with oikos Pro natural flavor or triple zero vanilla. I mix the 170g yogurt serving with one scoop of mutant whey protein chocolate. It tastes like chocolate cheesecake. It’s my last meal of the day before bed every night.

If I’m allowing some carbs I dip strawberries in it. I like to use the frozen ones and nuke em 8 seconds so they’re still a little frozen.

You will thank me for this!
42g of protein, 220 calories, 8 carbs

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Yogurt use to be 12% protein... well some still are. Then Oikos hit the market with their 20%, then topped it with their 25%. The wife just picked up some : ratio yogurt that is 28%. It does have some carbs and fats unlike the Oikos but damn, this shit is thick!

Anyone try this yet? I gotta draw the line here. This is just way to thick to be enjoyable.
Mix that with a cup of thawed frozen blueberries , thats what I do with the Oikos or other thick brands , wets it down enough so its back to almost normal , and the blueberries are good for ya with fuck all for calories

New Threads