Severe soreness help

Reaction score
Why do I have the worse soreness in my joint when I curl? It is so painful the next days the soreness comes in that I can’t bend my arm or straighten it and it last for over a week? I can’t do any exercise at all until it’s gone. The pain is in my joint inside elbow.
I haven’t lifted in years because of this pain and want to get started again, but I’m scared that I might cause myself rabdo

i even have issues with with my legs that I can’t bend, squat or kneel or I get a cramp in my inner thighs, but that for another thread

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Have you tried butt plugs?

sounds like some tendinitis

Reaction score
No I have not tried butt plugs have you?

how do you work around the tendinitis or do I stop curls

Last edited:

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It sounds like it could be golfer’s elbow ( no you don’t need to golf to get it). Look it up and see if your symptoms match.

Reaction score
I feel no pain while doing the curls just a stretch, it sets in over the coarse of a few days and then it’s unbearable it stays bent slightly and trying to straighten it is painful

Reaction score
I used to lift many years ago, but I am new to it again.

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
It’s most likely just since you started.. try not to go so heavy it should subside ..

and yes butt plugs are fun :)

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Do you feel a difference with dumbbells compared to a curling bar or straight bar. A straight bar will fuuk my elbows up in a few workout.

Reaction score
When I used to do preacher curls that’s what Mosley causes that severe soreness pain. I haven’t started lifting yet I want to begin like tomorrow if I can, but when I last did it that was what killed my inner elbow joint preacher curls and others as well, but not like that particular exercise

Reaction score
I just watched a video on DOMS it sounds similar to that. How do you deal with DOMS

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I used to lift many years ago, but I am new to it again.

You're just sore. Do a couple less sets.

And over the next few days move around. Sitting around is when you get stiff.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just watched a video on DOMS it sounds similar to that. How do you deal with DOMS

DOMS = delayed onset muscle soreness. It’s the kind of soreness you’d expect to feel in the muscle after you worked it hard. Is that what you have?

Reaction score
Yes, but severe, arms are bent and it takes at least a week to feel ok trying to straighten it out is murder getting dressed was painful the pain is at the bottom of bicep in the joint it’s horrible that’s why I’m scared to start lifting again

Merlin

Reaction score
You know your body better than anyone else. If it truly is that painful I myself would seek medical help. However I can tell with my body the difference in joint pain and over worked muscle ACHES. If it feels like a sharp pain in the joint and you experience this in other joints could be auto-immune disorder, cancer etc. not trying to scare you but that's just reality. When you say you only get it from when you lift most of us will associate it with soreness.

Reaction score
I guess I’m not being specific my apologies, it when I lifted, it is definitely muscle aching soreness.

Reaction score
After reading watching videos I believe it’s doms, if that’s the case how the hell do you work around that type of soreness

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
After reading watching videos I believe it’s doms, if that’s the case how the hell do you work around that type of soreness

Crawl before you walk.
Walk before you run.

Do less volume and weight in the gym and work your way up. DOMS will decrease in severity each successive workout.

Is your name supposed to be Japanese? If so, which meaning?

New Threads