Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Member Pikiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    How did we start training??

    I seeing this in every gym I`ve being. How to work out? what is the right workout for me? these are questions we all have at one point when start lifting. Well I can say there is only one way to found out and it comes with experience, listen to the guys that knows and but this last one is not always the best option. Let me explain this lit better. In every gym there are ppl with 5-6 yrs lifting experience, sometimes some new guy make a friendship with them and ask this guy to train him, the problem is this guy will not stop what he`s doing to get this newbie a beginners workout he needs. Instead he make the new guy train with him on he`s actual routine and what happen most of the time this newbie will not see the great results he is looking for. The reason for this is simple OVER TRAINIG!!!. I found out with the yrs is the everybody needs to start with basics, proper form, know how to set a goal, how many moves per muscle, etc.

    The first thing I noticed is FORM, for me without proper form you will not be able to acomplish too much. Another thing is that improper form will cause injuries so time off from training cause of that. Let start know how to lift before you want to lift heavy. IMO a beginners workout will consist off train not base on weight lifting but in quality reps and the right movements and sets with goal of muscle growth and prepare yourself for the next step. How did you know is time fo rme to change my workout? It is simple, when you start feeling that weight lifting is getting to easy or not pumps at all is time to move on. Don`t get to fancy when start just go to the basics, Squats, Dead lift, Bench press, Dips,biceps curls exr. and triceps pull down or skullcrushers just to name a few.The main goal of to build muscle and get stronger so why get to crazy trying to do too much. I say 3 sets of 6-8 reps is enough for any beginer.

    Next step is to continue progression let say you already know the form and movements. You want to train looking to increase weigth lifting. One of the best methods that works for me (doesn`t mean will work for everybody) is to combine heavy weight with moderate. One week you will do short sets and heavy weight next week moderate weight with more sets and more reps. Not always do the exercies the same way or order. Change moves, from Barbell to Dumdbells is always a good way to make your muscle guessing what is going on while work out. Some ppl don`t believe on this but I use to train the same way over and over again, I stop seing muscle growth for most part.

    Once you got what works for you try new things even on what you know works for you like 5x5, FST-7, super sets etc. but know and ask how these movements should be done to someone who actaully using before and then try, find the best way for you will depend just on you for the most part base on your goals.

    Another important part of training is how to eat and rest. Guys want to growth with 3 meals a day and 3 shakes a day. The more active you are the more food and nutrients you need, but this one topic I let the expert to take care of it. But get a good meal plan for you. Ask a nutritionist if need help.

    I become with these cause is just a daily basis habit on the gyms everywhere you go. I learn the hard way. wasting hours on the gym busting my ass off on every single machine or bench without seing a substancial muscle growth. Lets be helpfull with others and share your experience with those who are going for hours and months passing by and no improvements are being acomplish by any means. I just can`t stand ppl buying BBs magazines and doing those workouts and see them just over training their ass without basic knowledge of what lifting is. I am not an expert by no means but I had become a long way from when I start back in 2007 at 130lbs till today at 177lbs and they way I got here was listen to good fellas who knew their shit and reading and asking questions, just start mess with AAS at this point. I know not everyone want help cause they think they already know what they need to get where they want, but those are not the most of all.

    At the end of the day you help someone to do things right and you will feel better with your self.

  2. #2
    Elite Lulu66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,099
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: How did we start training??

    I got one of them guys at my gym, dud's a beast. He's got 3 minnions that follow him around, the heaviest one prolly a buck fourty. And these guys are triying to follow the big duds workout and all they do is one maybe two assisted reps because they are triying to lift so heavy. The best workout i seen them minnions get is spotting the big dud, or even worst loading and unloading plates for this guy. I seen this guy crawl under and empty barbell, and the minnions go and load the shit for him.
    US Goverment Policy: If It Ain't Broken, Fix It Till It Is.

  3. #3
    Elite JOMO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,231
    Thanks
    297
    Thanked 178 Times in 129 Posts

    Re: How did we start training??

    Started when I was 14 playing JV football in highschool. Coaches taught good form and focused more on compound movements for legs/back. Deads and squats for that matter. I was a lineman so getting that lower body strength was key. Damn, I remember maxing 205lbs at 14yrs old now that I think about it on bench. Dont know what happened to that strength through the years, haha.

    But yeah, these minions you speak of racking the weights for this big dude. Thats some bullshit, that big dude can kiss my ass if he ever pulled that, he obviously isn't teaching them correctly so those guys need to find someone to actually show them the correct way.

    I was trying to help someone out from work and telling him form comes first, but some people just dont listen and think you are wasting their time telling them to go lighter so they can do it correctly first then move to heavier weight. I still go lighter on certain excercises to keep my form correct that I feel I am lacking on.

    So I told him that if he's not going to do it the right way I am not going to waste my time helping him. And he was always 20+min late at the gym and I dont have the time to wait. I was almost halfway through my workouts when he would walk in.
    "There are only two days in the year nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow"

  4. #4
    Member Pikiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: How did we start training??

    Thats the kind of shit that piss me off, how some dudes are so stupid thinking if "I lift as heavy as him I get big" one thing I`m doing here with my soldiers is to work on their form and movements. then they can go and continue lifting base on progression so they can achieve their goals. I hate to see guys following big guys who are not interesting on helping no one just their own ego.

  5. #5
    Member Pikiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: How did we start training??

    Originally Posted by JOMO View Post
    Started when I was 14 playing JV football in highschool. Coaches taught good form and focused more on compound movements for legs/back. Deads and squats for that matter. I was a lineman so getting that lower body strength was key. Damn, I remember maxing 205lbs at 14yrs old now that I think about it on bench. Dont know what happened to that strength through the years, haha.

    But yeah, these minions you speak of racking the weights for this big dude. Thats some bullshit, that big dude can kiss my ass if he ever pulled that, he obviously isn't teaching them correctly so those guys need to find someone to actually show them the correct way.

    I was trying to help someone out from work and telling him form comes first, but some people just dont listen and think you are wasting their time telling them to go lighter so they can do it correctly first then move to heavier weight. I still go lighter on certain excercises to keep my form correct that I feel I am lacking on.

    So I told him that if he's not going to do it the right way I am not going to waste my time helping him. And he was always 20+min late at the gym and I dont have the time to wait. I was almost halfway through my workouts when he would walk in.
    I feel you JOMO you are trying to help someone and they don`t appreciate that, thats why I think some guys they just don`t talk to no body and stay on their own stuff, sad but true.

  6. #6
    Elite Jada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,308
    Thanks
    2,422
    Thanked 788 Times in 600 Posts

    Re: How did we start training??

    I myself have trained a couple of friends and at the end they make it into a competition and acts like I didn't teach them what they know. My job friend which is a beast in the gym was tellin me stop
    Teaching them ur tricks there going to throw it to ur face. Plus they would never be on time! At the
    End i stop showin them and workin out with them..

  7. #7
    Member Pikiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: How did we start training??

    Originally Posted by Jadakiss View Post
    I myself have trained a couple of friends and at the end they make it into a competition and acts like I didn't teach them what they know. My job friend which is a beast in the gym was tellin me stop
    Teaching them ur tricks there going to throw it to ur face. Plus they would never be on time! At the
    End i stop showin them and workin out with them..
    That sucks...I never had that problem but I will avoid them for sure....

  8. #8
    Elite Jada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,308
    Thanks
    2,422
    Thanked 788 Times in 600 Posts

    Re: How did we start training??

    Yea pikki and I did. I just hate when people come late! I would wait like a dick for like
    20 min , at the end I said fk them!

  9. #9
    Lady Member MTgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: How did we start training??

    Originally Posted by Jadakiss View Post
    I myself have trained a couple of friends and at the end they make it into a competition and acts like I didn't teach them what they know. My job friend which is a beast in the gym was tellin me stop
    Teaching them ur tricks there going to throw it to ur face. Plus they would never be on time! At the
    End i stop showin them and workin out with them..
    You know I did a comp diet for a "girlfriend" of mine. She ended up placing 4th, but blamed me for not winning. What she didn't bother telling anyone was that she was stopping at gas stations and eating mounds of beef jerkey as little as 1 week out from stage day (no, that wasn't part of her meal plan). She could have placed better, but ya know, it was MY fault cause I did her diet *eyeroll*.

    On another note about the plate loading for others, my.husband will still stop in between his sets and help unload my plates on a heavy leg day. I think it's kinds sweet .
    Burn the fat! >:)

  10. #10
    Member Pikiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: How did we start training??

    Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
    You know I did a comp diet for a "girlfriend" of mine. She ended up placing 4th, but blamed me for not winning. What she didn't bother telling anyone was that she was stopping at gas stations and eating mounds of beef jerkey as little as 1 week out from stage day (no, that wasn't part of her meal plan). She could have placed better, but ya know, it was MY fault cause I did her diet *eyeroll*.

    On another note about the plate loading for others, my.husband will still stop in between his sets and help unload my plates on a heavy leg day. I think it's kinds sweet .
    I just hate ppl like that gggrrrrrrrr

  11. #11
    Elite JOMO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,231
    Thanks
    297
    Thanked 178 Times in 129 Posts

    Re: How did we start training??

    Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
    You know I did a comp diet for a "girlfriend" of mine. She ended up placing 4th, but blamed me for not winning. What she didn't bother telling anyone was that she was stopping at gas stations and eating mounds of beef jerkey as little as 1 week out from stage day (no, that wasn't part of her meal plan). She could have placed better, but ya know, it was MY fault cause I did her diet *eyeroll*.

    On another note about the plate loading for others, my.husband will still stop in between his sets and help unload my plates on a heavy leg day. I think it's kinds sweet .
    Some people just can't own their mistakes. Plate loading I understand but not what LULU described.
    "There are only two days in the year nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow"

Similar Threads

  1. When did you start getting really starred at in public if youdo tht is??
    By Juggernaut in forum General Chat & Conversation
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-29-2020, 03:48 AM
  2. Circuit training to jump start things??
    By Master Blaster in forum Training and Workouts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2016, 11:00 PM
  3. Why did you start taking steroids?
    By Pinkbear in forum General Chat & Conversation
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 05-04-2015, 09:59 AM
  4. screw PL/BB.. im gonna start training for..
    By FreeBirdSam in forum General Chat & Conversation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-08-2013, 11:27 AM
  5. When did SI start
    By Emmerz24 in forum General Chat & Conversation
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-13-2012, 04:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •