Thanks

5-a-Day Fruit and Veg

Does five fruit and veg a day supplement bodybuilding or more so of a healthy living benefit?

I find consuming five fruit and veg a day difficult, but could you also benefit from the shakes containing these?

If it does suplement bodybuilding, then in what sense?

Thanks for any upcoming responses, Sohoguy.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,852 Posts
    That's general nutrition advice and your exact needs may vary. Your body requires micronutrients to function not just macronutrients. And being healthy is a requirement for your goal of building muscle. It's also a good source of fiber.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,690 Times in 3,325 Posts
    Like POB said, the fiber is a good thing for over all health. But don't think all fruits have a good amount of fiber; do your research. Shooting for a total of 25 grams of fiber with 6 grams from soluble fiber is good. One good source that is often overlooked; popcorn. Now the butter laden popcorn may do more harm than good if you're factoring in the fats with your macros.
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to snake For This Useful Post:

NbleSavage (09-28-2018)

Thanks
    Health reasons, mostly getting the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, phytonutrients, polyphenols, soluble and non-soluble fiber, anti-oxidants and such.

It does make sense as these foods (depending on which ones) have some of the lowest glycemic index of any foods.

I find it hard getting that much too but today, I packed one apple, one orange, and one tomato for my lunch along with 2 chicken breasts that I divide all that into 4 meals, during work.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,852 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwankyRon View Post
    Health reasons, mostly getting the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, phytonutrients, polyphenols, soluble and non-soluble fiber, anti-oxidants and such.

It does make sense as these foods (depending on which ones) have some of the lowest glycemic index of any foods.

I find it hard getting that much too but today, I packed one apple, one orange, and one tomato for my lunch along with 2 chicken breasts that I divide all that into 4 meals, during work.
    Referencing the glycemic index will get you banned up in here lol
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PillarofBalance For This Useful Post:

NbleSavage (09-28-2018)

Thanks
    I try to. Hard to build muscle if you get cancer. I focus mostly on berries of many varieties and then the powerful veggies (garlic, onions, broccoli, kale, asparagus, etc)

Thanks

you get 4 meals out of 3 peices of fruit and 2 chicken breast?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,504 Times in 3,909 Posts

How tall / heavy are ye, Mate? Thats not a lot of food at all, even for just a single meal - let alone four. Unless yer trolling, in which case well played.
    "Don't remember half the time if I'm hiding or I'm lost...but I'm on my way..."
    Soundgarden -'Searching With My Good Eye Closed'

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NbleSavage For This Useful Post:

Gibsonator (09-29-2018)

Thanks
    I read it as 4 meals while a work.. so maybe that doesn’t include breakfast and dinner..

however yea how big are ya brother? I’m pretty small compared to a lot of these guys and I put down more than that.
    /Doc

Thanks
    Avocado, Bell Pepper, Mushrooms,

The avocado good fat, dietary fiber, great to thicken shakes. I have at least 2 of these a day