Cupping during massage

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Finally got curious and tried this whole cupping thing during my sports massage.

Left some killer bruises but it felt a lot better then I expected it to. Who knows if it actually helps but it certainly felt like the muscle loosened up and relaxed a bit.

Anyone else have any experience with it?

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
I saw a version of it where the did bloodletting at the same time, I think it was Anthony Bourdain.

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Sprekken Zie deutsch while she does it.. even more of a turn on

Reactions: Jin

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cupping is stupid and does basically nothing

IDK, i get good relief from it and deep needle or dry needle therapy.

I understand how one could not see the point but 8wks of it may change your mind. But i have been to 4 different PT spots in 18 months and may have just found a good therapist.??

regardless, i did take small doses norco, see a orthopedic surgeon + a chiro + acupuncture and was miserable before.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
IDK, i get good relief from it and deep needle or dry needle therapy.

I understand how one could not see the point but 8wks of it may change your mind. But i have been to 4 different PT spots in 18 months and may have just found a good therapist.??

regardless, i did take small doses norco, see a orthopedic surgeon + a chiro + acupuncture and was miserable before.

I was 100% with POB until I tried it. I’m curious to see how I feel about it in the long run. Certainly don’t believe their comments about “pulling out the impurities” but the suction on the muscle just feels good and relaxes it.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was 100% with POB until I tried it. I’m curious to see how I feel about it in the long run. Certainly don’t believe their comments about “pulling out the impurities” but the suction on the muscle just feels good and relaxes it.

you need to find either acupuncture or deep/dry needle therapy along with it. It makes a huge difference. For me, my L2 & L4 are done for & i have a pinched nerve in my upper left trap/back area.

The therapist specifically works those areas and i can manage. I have dropped down for 5-6 days a week in the gym to 2-3, i am now back at 4 days consistently and i am happy as a pig in shit.

I am younger and honestly afraid of my 50/60's because of how beat up my body is now. I have mild/moderate upper body arthritis, plus my back issues...IDK

But i did go through 3 places before I found the PT spot I am at now. So i know what its like to give PT a shot for 4-6wks and dont get anything in terms of progress/relief and say fuk it.

wait til you do it 2x a wk, 5-6wks straight. Your lady will be like "WTF" when you come home with 8-12 purple welts on your back, but i was almost going to go under the knife cuz there was nothing that was helping aside pain pills and I refused to take them everyday.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
check this out man, dusty hanshaw cupping and scraping therapy, to help open the muscles up, looks pretty intense...

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
check this out man, dusty hanshaw cupping and scraping therapy, to help open the muscles up, looks pretty intense...

He was the one that got me curious enough to try it. Big fan of Dining with Dusty

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score

I prefer suction on my love muscle

New Threads