Anyone still drinking raw eggs?

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Risk of salmonella seems exceptionally low now. I have a slight allergy to whey and casein proteins and the vegetable based is both expensive and low on absorption. I know they make egg protein but it is also expensive and tastes horrible. I could mix five or so raw eggs in a shake without even tasting it and it's cheap as hell. Pros? Cons?

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
Get pasturised and you will avoid salmonella

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I personally use pasteurized egg whites from the carton.

probably the way Ill go. Im trying to gain back so I can make a shake with milk, egg, ice cream, yogurt, and some fruits and vegges.

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
I've been ordering the drinkable eggwhites by the gallon over the net.

Same as the cartons in the store, just no slime.

You can get them flavored or unflavored.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I've been ordering the drinkable eggwhites by the gallon over the net.

Same as the cartons in the store, just no slime.

You can get them flavored or unflavored.

got a link bud?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed here.

Cooked eggs>raw eggs for digestible protein. And not to an insignificant extent.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
got a link bud?

Unflavored-

https://eggwhitesint.com/

I've been using these and adding a carnation instant breakfast for flavoring.

----------

I'm going to try the flavored next from here-

https://www.muscleegg.com/

----------

If you want to add them to powder, the cartons from local stores are fine. If you want to just drink them, this is better but it costs more. The more you buy the less it costs.

HDH

Elite
Reaction score

Cooked eggs>raw eggs for digestible protein. And not to an insignificant extent.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

I believe the cooked eggs are able to absorb more than raw eggs. I like the pasteurized raw whites since it's "supposedly" able to utilize all the protein. I quoted supposedly since the protein bio availability thread we had :0)

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
I ran a quick search and got this from Live Strong-

[h=2]Cooking and Egg Protein[/h] Cooking eggs changes the structure of their constituent proteins. Proteins in raw eggs are tightly packed together and held in place by weak chemical bonds. When you heat egg proteins during cooking, some of these bonds break and the proteins strands begin to separate from one another. This makes the egg proteins more easily digestible and absorbable. Although the protein content is the same in raw and cooked eggs, your body is better able to utilize the protein from a cooked egg compared to a raw egg. In addition to providing a nutritional advantage, cooking eggs is important for safety reasons. Eggs that appear normal may carry bacteria that can cause food poisoning; cooking destroys these bacteria. To reduce your risk of egg-borne food poisoning, always cook eggs thoroughly before eating them.

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
Awesome how you guys can buy freaking bottles of egg white only. No facilities like that here. :(

How much does one bottle cost BTW? and the quantity?

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I wonder how much the difference is. I cant eat cooked eggs in any great quantity but I can drink dozens of them a day. I mean, I saw Rocky do this and he almost beat Apollo Creed shortly after so I know he wasnt short on aminos.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
They don't have internet like that around there!

I’m impressed everyday that you even know how to log into UGBB.

old fart:32 (20):

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Found a study that shows raw eggs at 51 percent bioav and cooked at 91 percent. So I guess if you are using raw, double the amount you want to get.

Reactions: Jin

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong.
100% correct. This gets brought up yearly but people are just too lazy to use the extremely helpful search function. They also cannot get over the fact that Rocky was fictional:
https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/24655-Drinking-raw-Eggs?p=426633&viewfull=1#post426633

Drinking raw eggs is stupid. Zero logical reason for it.

New Threads