Trying to get in the game of steriods

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Disagree for a couple reasons:

too much too quick. He needs to feel like this is a sustainable lifestyle and 6 days a week is a lot, even for advanced lifters. This needs to be something he can stick with for the long haul. Better to start off with less and add more over time.

5-6 days is fine for guys like you and me who have built a base over many years. OP is skinny as a rail and needs to build that base. He needs heavy workouts with ample rest and food.

Might be right. I was just thinking that bc of his age and small size, that his recovery should be real quick.

Reaction score
I would not usually give advice, but you got to eat bro.. everything and anything and all the time... gaining weight from 115 is alot of work (eating when not hungry)... not that youll ever want to weight 180... but once i hit 180 i could blow up in a bad way well past 200... then once i hit 175 i could not eat and drop to one 150...

Ive been quite stable for a couple years now by moderating everthing in live....you arent ready for gear yet.

Eat eat eat!

Edit
Im 33yo 5' 10"... 174lbs at the moment

Last edited:
Reaction score
It would have been impossible for me to get to 3k cals eating clean but I heard burgers and hey it's pretty easy to eat clean but have a jalapeno king burger right before I go to work...that sucker has almost 1k cals and over 50g of carbs and over 20g of protein and it, that's spoiling myself alittle but that's a huge help on being able to get my cals in, also starting push pull legs next week so I cant start with a new clean routine. So if I'm needing 3k cals how much of that actually needs to be carbs and protein or is it just sufficient if I hit my cals?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
It would have been impossible for me to get to 3k cals eating clean but I heard burgers and hey it's pretty easy to eat clean but have a jalapeno king burger right before I go to work...that sucker has almost 1k cals and over 50g of carbs and over 20g of protein and it, that's spoiling myself alittle but that's a huge help on being able to get my cals in, also starting push pull legs next week so I cant start with a new clean routine. So if I'm needing 3k cals how much of that actually needs to be carbs and protein or is it just sufficient if I hit my cals?

I’d try to aim for 165-175g of protein.

Around 100g for fat

the rest carbs (apprx 350).

Most important thing is getting enough protein.

Reaction score
The myfitnesspal only has the option for gaining 1lb a week is that about standard or can it be realistic for me to be able to gain more then that a week by eating heavy and lifting heavy?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
The myfitnesspal only has the option for gaining 1lb a week is that about standard or can it be realistic for me to be able to gain more then that a week by eating heavy and lifting heavy?

You can custom set your calories and macros.

You can gain more than a pound a week at your starting weight, so long as you eat enough. Every. Single. Day.

No problem.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey jin how can I figure how much cals and all that I 3ould need per pound I'd like to gain as far as the myfitnesspal I need 2810cals to gain 1 pound a week but how can I figure as for 3 or 4 pounds a week? If that's even possible

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Hey jin how can I figure how much cals and all that I 3ould need per pound I'd like to gain as far as the myfitnesspal I need 2810cals to gain 1 pound a week but how can I figure as for 3 or 4 pounds a week? If that's even possible

4 pounds a week isn’t possible even with steroids. 2 pounds a week is ambitious. (that amount of growth wil not be sustainable naturally once you have your base muscle growth, but remember a pound a week is 55 pounds in a year which is what I’d aim for this “first” year. Achievable ) Start at 3500k (that’s more than sufficient, maybe too much) then adjust from there.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Also, as you grow, it will take more calories every day to maintain your weight and grow more. Especially if the majority of your weight gain is muscle. That wont matter much for now but when youre 15 lbs heavier, youll need more of everything than you do now

Reactions: Jin