Testosterone update

Reaction score
Hey,

i made a thread last month on asking for advice on how to approach my endocrinologist on trt these are my levels

Total testosterone 149 ng/dL

free testosterone 43 pg/ml

free testosterone pct. 2.9%

the endo tells me I’m fine it’s ok because my free testosterone is in the normal range my response is I just turned 40 these are the levels of a man over 70 and the free levels are barely normal maybe normal for someone granddad, but not for a 40 year old man. I don’t know what to do now this is supposedly someone that is a doctor from a prestigious hospital and runs the endocrinologist department.

He actually offered me a new diabetes medication that he believes will help my testosterone and with some weight loss, but I’m not diabetic!!!my suger levels where elevated, but not diabetes high. Does he want to experiment on me? IDK....

Last edited:

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Although frustrating, your experience isn't uncommon. Many of us had to talk to multiple doctors on our road to TRT. Just remember that you're the customer. If you don't like the service you get somewhere or if the Dr isn't listening to your concerns shop around. Although it's exponentially more expensive, there is also always the clinic route.

TRT can be life saving and it's worth fighting for.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
New doctor. Also check out anti aging/try clinics. If you're at all close to a city they shouldn't be hard to find

Reaction score
I guess I have too find a new doc and I’m not even askin for injections I want pellets and there still making it hard. The diabetic medication he’s trying to push can cause thyroid cancer, pancreas problems and kidney damage a whole host of bad stuff, it’s a lot more dangerous than testosterone

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I guess I have too find a new doc and I’m not even askin for injections I want pellets and there still making it hard. The diabetic medication he’s trying to push can cause thyroid cancer, pancreas problems and kidney damage a whole host of bad stuff, it’s a lot more dangerous than testosterone

You don’t want pellets.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score

Keep searching. My doc wanted to give me cholesterol medication. That chit has a whole host of awful sides and has never been proven to lower the risk of cardio disease in anyone except those that already have it. TRT dropped me into very good ranges inside of 10 weeks.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Why not? They have a long history of success plus it’s safer than injections I have read

Pellets are for people that don’t want to take any part in managing their trt. So, nobody on this board would be interested in that because we find the physiology and pharmacology to be interesting. We dedicate a lot of our free time learning about such things.

“Safer” meaning you don’t have to stick yourself with a needle once a week?

Some diabetics takes multiple shots a day. There is almost zero risk of infection so long as the proper protocol is followed.

Shots are are also far less painful than getting a pellet implanted in your ass.

The biggest reason pellets are inferior is that they don’t allow precision: your doctor will literally guess what dose you need and then you are stuck with that dose for 3-4 months. Based on bloodwork he will guess again and you’re in for another 3-4 months on a new dose.

Getting dialed in on trt takes time with shots. It could take over a year on pellets.

If you want no part in managing your trt and if you are certain you won’t run a cycle then you could consider pellets.

Reaction score
Sadly, this is normal. My brother is 36, his total test is 153. 153! He has no drive for anything, is depressed, far out of shape, etc and his doc says he’s fine. He’s not fine! My doc told me I was fine too. I got a second and third opinion until someone would treat me. Now I’m fine. Insurance companies have doctors afraid to treat people, it’s pitiful

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Pellets are for people that don’t want to take any part in managing their trt. So, nobody on this board would be interested in that because we find the physiology and pharmacology to be interesting. We dedicate a lot of our free time learning about such things.

“Safer” meaning you don’t have to stick yourself with a needle once a week?

Some diabetics takes multiple shots a day. There is almost zero risk of infection so long as the proper protocol is followed.

Shots are are also far less painful than getting a pellet implanted in your ass.

The biggest reason pellets are inferior is that they don’t allow precision: your doctor will literally guess what dose you need and then you are stuck with that dose for 3-4 months. Based on bloodwork he will guess again and you’re in for another 3-4 months on a new dose.

Getting dialed in on trt takes time with shots. It could take over a year on pellets.

If you want no part in managing your trt and if you are certain you won’t run a cycle then you could consider pellets.

I totally agree.....that TEST cream was bullshit....shots all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:32 (20):

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
But they’ll jump at the chance to give it to a kid for sex change? Ffs.

Reactions: Jin

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
But they’ll jump at the chance to give it to a kid for sex change? Ffs.

Hey man, they never asked to be put in a woman’s body.

All these mid life crisis bitch boys just need to suck it up, eat healthy fats and lift heavy and their test levels will go up naturally.

Reaction score
I’m just surprised because I was at the Cleveland clinic which is considered to be a very prestigious hospital with one of the best endocrinology departments in the world. I would assume they would realize how low my levels are and would treat it.

the reason I am considering pellets because they are bio identical and have a longer history with a great track record and more research than injections. Plus I don’t plan to cycle I’m 40 and fat I just want the boost to loose weight to get rid of my joint pains and to put some muscle on, if I could get levels in 1000 to 1500 I would be very very happy

Reaction score
When my t was low, no matter what I did I could not stop gaining fat and losing muscle. All my lifts steadily dropped, and no matter what I did with my diet I could not shed fat. Once I got my levels up I could do whatever I wanted, make gains, cut, etc. I wouldn’t want anything but injections. I like to be in control and I never find it a nuisance. In fact I look forward to it. I know how shitty I felt when I was low and I know how great I feel now, I happily stick that needle in me twice a week.

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Not being an expert on trt or anywhere near, but I doubt you’ll get a doc to pump you up to 1k-1.5k... idk seems like a lot to me.

my natural test is 647 I’m 31, I’m sure you would feel like a new man at just those normal levels.

New Threads