Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Testosterone update

Hey,

i made a thread last month on asking for advice on how to approach my endocrinologist on trt these are my levels

Total testosterone 149 ng/dL

free testosterone 43 pg/ml

free testosterone pct. 2.9%

the endo tells me I’m fine it’s ok because my free testosterone is in the normal range my response is I just turned 40 these are the levels of a man over 70 and the free levels are barely normal maybe normal for someone granddad, but not for a 40 year old man. I don’t know what to do now this is supposedly someone that is a doctor from a prestigious hospital and runs the endocrinologist department.

He actually offered me a new diabetes medication that he believes will help my testosterone and with some weight loss, but I’m not diabetic!!!my suger levels where elevated, but not diabetes high. Does he want to experiment on me? IDK....
    Last edited by zenshin; 10-08-2018 at 03:07 PM.

Thanks
    Get a new doc.
    /Doc

Thanks
    Thanked 1,375 Times in 667 Posts
    Although frustrating, your experience isn't uncommon. Many of us had to talk to multiple doctors on our road to TRT. Just remember that you're the customer. If you don't like the service you get somewhere or if the Dr isn't listening to your concerns shop around. Although it's exponentially more expensive, there is also always the clinic route.

TRT can be life saving and it's worth fighting for.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dk8594 For This Useful Post:

jennerrator (10-08-2018),Jin (10-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,860 Times in 1,601 Posts
    New doctor. Also check out anti aging/try clinics. If you're at all close to a city they shouldn't be hard to find

Thanks
    I guess I have too find a new doc and I’m not even askin for injections I want pellets and there still making it hard. The diabetic medication he’s trying to push can cause thyroid cancer, pancreas problems and kidney damage a whole host of bad stuff, it’s a lot more dangerous than testosterone

Thanks
    Thanked 6,477 Times in 2,937 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zenshin View Post
    I guess I have too find a new doc and I’m not even askin for injections I want pellets and there still making it hard. The diabetic medication he’s trying to push can cause thyroid cancer, pancreas problems and kidney damage a whole host of bad stuff, it’s a lot more dangerous than testosterone
    You don’t want pellets.

Jacked and Bearded

Thanks
    Thanked 1,088 Times in 634 Posts

Keep searching. My doc wanted to give me cholesterol medication. That chit has a whole host of awful sides and has never been proven to lower the risk of cardio disease in anyone except those that already have it. TRT dropped me into very good ranges inside of 10 weeks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    You donít want pellets.
    Why not? They have a long history of success plus itís safer than injections I have read

Thanks
    Thanked 6,477 Times in 2,937 Posts
    Why not? They have a long history of success plus it’s safer than injections I have read
    Pellets are for people that don’t want to take any part in managing their trt. So, nobody on this board would be interested in that because we find the physiology and pharmacology to be interesting. We dedicate a lot of our free time learning about such things.

“Safer” meaning you don’t have to stick yourself with a needle once a week?

Some diabetics takes multiple shots a day. There is almost zero risk of infection so long as the proper protocol is followed.

Shots are are also far less painful than getting a pellet implanted in your ass.

The biggest reason pellets are inferior is that they don’t allow precision: your doctor will literally guess what dose you need and then you are stuck with that dose for 3-4 months. Based on bloodwork he will guess again and you’re in for another 3-4 months on a new dose.

Getting dialed in on trt takes time with shots. It could take over a year on pellets.

If you want no part in managing your trt and if you are certain you won’t run a cycle then you could consider pellets.

Jacked and Bearded

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

dk8594 (10-08-2018),jennerrator (10-08-2018)

Thanks
    Sadly, this is normal. My brother is 36, his total test is 153. 153! He has no drive for anything, is depressed, far out of shape, etc and his doc says he’s fine. He’s not fine! My doc told me I was fine too. I got a second and third opinion until someone would treat me. Now I’m fine. Insurance companies have doctors afraid to treat people, it’s pitiful

Super Moderator/Fierce Fighter jennerrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 2,792 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Pellets are for people that don’t want to take any part in managing their trt. So, nobody on this board would be interested in that because we find the physiology and pharmacology to be interesting. We dedicate a lot of our free time learning about such things.

“Safer” meaning you don’t have to stick yourself with a needle once a week?

Some diabetics takes multiple shots a day. There is almost zero risk of infection so long as the proper protocol is followed.

Shots are are also far less painful than getting a pellet implanted in your ass.

The biggest reason pellets are inferior is that they don’t allow precision: your doctor will literally guess what dose you need and then you are stuck with that dose for 3-4 months. Based on bloodwork he will guess again and you’re in for another 3-4 months on a new dose.

Getting dialed in on trt takes time with shots. It could take over a year on pellets.

If you want no part in managing your trt and if you are certain you won’t run a cycle then you could consider pellets.
    I totally agree.....that TEST cream was bullshit....shots all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
    DO FUUCKING WORK! STRENGTH FIRST BOSTON!

Thanks
    But they’ll jump at the chance to give it to a kid for sex change? Ffs.
    /Doc

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DevilDoc87 For This Useful Post:

Jin (10-08-2018)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast