Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,721 Times in 3,255 Posts
    Had to look.....interesting.....but I would never use them!

3. When were pellets first used for hormonal replacement?

Pellets have been used in both men and women since the late 1930’s. In fact, there is more data to support the use of pellets than any other method of delivery of hormones. Pellets are not patented and not marketed in the United States. They are frequently used in Europe and Australia where pharmaceutical companies produce pellets. Most of the research on pellets is out of England and Australia with some from Germany and the Netherlands. Pellets were frequently used in the United States from about 1940 through the late 70’s, early 80’s when patented estrogen'swere marketed to the public. In fact, some of the most exciting data on hormone implants in breast cancer patients is out of the United States. Even in United Stated there are clinics that specialize in the use of pellets for hormone therapy.

https://derosamedical.com/hormonal-pellet-faqs/#faq3
    Peace Out..............Have a Beautiful Life........................See You On the Other-side!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jennerrator For This Useful Post:

Jin (10-10-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 4,103 Posts
    So maybe pellets have been used longer to administer hormones, just not testosterone.

Make It A Great Day

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

jennerrator (10-10-2018)

Thanks
    They aren’t for everyone but I have seen a few close friends benefit greatly from them. All depends what your looking to accomplish.
    DONíT BE AFRAID TO GIVE UP THE GOOD TO GO FOR THE GREAT

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillinlow View Post
    They aren’t for everyone but I have seen a few close friends benefit greatly from them. All depends what your looking to accomplish.
    I’m sure pellets are a better alternative to being hypogonadal.

Make It A Great Day

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

Chillinlow (10-12-2018)

Thanks
    Endos are not the best place to go for hormones, I learned the hard way. Urologist can sometimes be a good start but most don't understand the whole system. I went to many docs finally ended up a an age management clinic and got some help (even though I was only 40 at the time). But most age management or TRT/HRT docs don't take insurance. I have found that I can buy most of what I need for about the same as or less than my copay using insurance so I just go to my regular doc to get my blood work done twice a year (that is how often the insurance will pay). For example from my insurance HCG is almost $200 per bottle, I can get if for less than half that without insurance. I now have a friend that I can get almost anything so look for that person around your gym, just make sure you get pharma grade not something that was made in someones bathroom or garage.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,261 Times in 1,315 Posts
    Honestly, at the prices that blood tests cost and what UG test cyp costs, Id much prefer to manage my own trt (Im going to for a little while right now) but it worries me a little bit to be injecting non pharma grade gear on a weekly basis FOR LIFE.

I know some of these raws are coming from China and I have read reports of heavy metals in some of them.

It's sad that this is the way American medicine is. I can get 10 ml vials of test for $40 illegally and get bloodwork done for $38. Soooo cheap compared to the bullchit these crooks want.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gadawg For This Useful Post:

Robdjents (10-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,175 Times in 1,236 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadawg View Post
    Honestly, at the prices that blood tests cost and what UG test cyp costs, Id much prefer to manage my own trt (Im going to for a little while right now) but it worries me a little bit to be injecting non pharma grade gear on a weekly basis FOR LIFE.

I know some of these raws are coming from China and I have read reports of heavy metals in some of them.

It's sad that this is the way American medicine is. I can get 10 ml vials of test for $40 illegally and get bloodwork done for $38. Soooo cheap compared to the bullchit these crooks want.
    My only concern here is getting it illegally for the long term. Other than that I’d happily manage my own

Thanks
    The thing is, with legal, you are paying big overhead fees.. you have all that insurance and shit that alleviates most safety concerns.
    But agreed it could be cheaper.

/Doc

Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 953 Posts
    Rx test from a pharmacy is not that expensive. I pay about 30$ or less every 2 weeks for my trt stuff from the pharmacy. Thats without using my insurance to cover it.
    Im sure that it can vary based on the pharmacy and the area but for me ill keep doing my trt through the pharmacy and save the UG stuff for a cycle.

OP check out trt clinics and you can even hit up your family doctor. Now not all family docs are that well versed in trt and can be very hesitant and often want to start you out on a really low dose. And they sure as hell are not going to try to get your numbers up near 1000 total. But some are pretty good with it and can get things going for you.
    Installing upgraded body, PLEASE WAIT....................................

Thanks
    After going back and forth with the endocrinologist he gave me a referral to a urologist who does pellets so let’s see how that goes. I’m not looking to become a massive bodybuilder I’m looking to benefit with some weight loss and muscle gains, with my levels anything higher than what I got now should make me feel better than I do at this moment.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zenshin View Post
    After going back and forth with the endocrinologist he gave me a referral to a urologist who does pellets so let’s see how that goes. I’m not looking to become a massive bodybuilder I’m looking to benefit with some weight loss and muscle gains, with my levels anything higher than what I got now should make me feel better than I do at this moment.
    Keep us updated. Curious to hear how he presents pellets as the best solution.

Also interested in what he can bill the insurance for and what your cost will be.

You have ave a lot of information from the many “friends” you have who are already on trt. Make sure you bring up some of the points made here.

Good luck.

Make It A Great Day

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Keep us updated. Curious to hear how he presents pellets as the best solution.

Also interested in what he can bill the insurance for and what your cost will be.

You have ave a lot of information from the many “friends” you have who are already on trt. Make sure you bring up some of the points made here.

Good luck.
    thanks, but it’s still not a for sure it’s up too the urologist is he wants to do it, the endo just sent the referral stating that I want pellets, not that I need it, so I have to work on the doctor to convince him I think at least.

Also so found out my vitamin D is abnormally low 9.3 so I have to start 50k units a week for 12 weeks to see if my vitamins goes up, the endo said getting my vitamin D up could increase my testosterone levels a bit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast