Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,682 Times in 3,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zenshin View Post
    thanks, but it’s still not a for sure it’s up too the urologist is he wants to do it, the endo just sent the referral stating that I want pellets, not that I need it, so I have to work on the doctor to convince him I think at least.

Also so found out my vitamin D is abnormally low 9.3 so I have to start 50k units a week for 12 weeks to see if my vitamins goes up, the endo said getting my vitamin D up could increase my testosterone levels a bit.
    I believe vitamin D deficiency can also lead to symptoms similar to low T. Hopefully supplementing will help.

Toxicly Masculine,
    Holier than thou,
    Juiced Up Gorilla.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zenshin View Post
    thanks, but itís still not a for sure itís up too the urologist is he wants to do it, the endo just sent the referral stating that I want pellets, not that I need it, so I have to work on the doctor to convince him I think at least.

Also so found out my vitamin D is abnormally low 9.3 so I have to start 50k units a week for 12 weeks to see if my vitamins goes up, the endo said getting my vitamin D up could increase my testosterone levels a bit.
    I have had my vitamin d show low and a month later no changes and was good. Happened twice two different labs. vitamin D can skew easy. Best bet just take 2000 iu otc supp. Get retested see what Happens
    DONíT BE AFRAID TO GIVE UP THE GOOD TO GO FOR THE GREAT

Thanks
    I figure I will give an update. I am now laying in my urologist office and had 12 pellets inserted in my bum lol. I was given the option of shots, gels or pellets, but I have issues with elevated cpk levels and intramuscular shots would not be a good idea so I opted for pellets instead of gels. Let’s see what happens

Thanks
    Also my vitamin d is is low at 9.3 so Ive been on 50k units a week of vitamin d and my levels are up too 23.5 on starting 5k a day of d3 let’s see with higher d levels and pellets hopefully I’ll get a nice level of testosterone

Thanks
    Thanked 1,684 Times in 997 Posts
    Does sunlight alone not help with vit D def.?

Thanks
    Not for me lol I have a history of low d I lived in Florida for a year and everyday i was out in the sun and still had low d

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Pellets are for people that donít want to take any part in managing their trt. So, nobody on this board would be interested in that because we find the physiology and pharmacology to be interesting. We dedicate a lot of our free time learning about such things.

ďSaferĒ meaning you donít have to stick yourself with a needle once a week?

Some diabetics takes multiple shots a day. There is almost zero risk of infection so long as the proper protocol is followed.

Shots are are also far less painful than getting a pellet implanted in your ass.

The biggest reason pellets are inferior is that they donít allow precision: your doctor will literally guess what dose you need and then you are stuck with that dose for 3-4 months. Based on bloodwork he will guess again and youíre in for another 3-4 months on a new dose.

Getting dialed in on trt takes time with shots. It could take over a year on pellets.

If you want no part in managing your trt and if you are certain you wonít run a cycle then you could consider pellets.
    gosh pellets sounds horrible

Thanks
    yikes on those pellets

how are you feeling now ?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234