Lethal Combination of Clenbuterol and Taurine

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

New to the forum. I bought some clenbuterol to cycle after doing my research. Bought taurine, potassium and alcar to supplement with it. However, today I decided to keep doing more research and stumbled upon this recent article:

Can't post links yet so removed the dot.
onlinejcf <dot >com/article/S1071-9164(18)30709-7/abstract
Background

Sudden cardiac death risk from stimulants clenbuterol and taurine for athletes is unknown.

Description

A 30-year-old body-builder who took clenbuterol and taurine for one week and was otherwise healthy without any cardiovascular disease was found unresponsive, requiring five external defibrillations for ventricular fibrillation (VF) to restore sinus rhythm. The left ventricular ejection fraction was 22% immediately after resuscitation and improved to 49% in 3 days. Coronary angiogram did not show any coronary artery disease and cardiac-magnetic-resonance was unremarkable. ECG showed no abnormal findings.

Discussion

Clenbuterol, a performance-enhancing drug, is a beta-2 agonist that increases fat metabolism and aerobic capacity and can cause hypertension and tachycardia. Taurine, found in energy drinks, can cause ventricular arrhythmias. Clenbuterol depletes taurine, so athletes take these in combination. While many people take sports supplements, few have sudden death. The VF is likely attributed to unknown underlying myocardial vulnerability and is precipitated by the combination of clenbuterol and taurine. Subcutaneous implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) was placed in this patient for secondary prevention of sudden cardiac death.

Conclusion

Clenbuterol and taurine, used as performance-enhancing drugs in athletes, may trigger VF and heart failure in those with predisposing substrate.

Any thoughts on what might have gone wrong? bad cycle? supplementing with additional drugs?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Clenbuterol is a nasty drug that affects the heart. This person was one of a certain percentage that are going to have problems using it, usually just due to undiagnosed but pre-existing heart abnormalities.

Personally I have used it and found it to be no better than ephedrine and caffeine and the sides I had were way worse on clen than ephedrine. Jittery, chattering teeth, and the cramps omfg the cramps.

We also don't know what he took from where and how much. Maybe he meant to take 80mcg but it was overdosed from some idiot research chem company.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can't get to your link, but assuming that it's a reputable source and their answer is "The VF is likely attributed to unknown underlying myocardial vulnerability and is precipitated by the combination of clenbuterol and taurine." I don't think we'll be able to do much better (at least I can't)

Merlin

Reaction score
Did you know that every medication has a disclaimer that you could experience sudden accidental death due to an anaphylatic reaction? Just as the guys said, no telling what underlying conditions and/or dosage, polypharmacy etc. Anytime you put something in your body that is not supposed to be in there make sure you have a game plan if things go south. A lot of people say that is over kill but I would rather prepare for the worst and pray for the best.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Did you get from a private TRUSTED source...?? like you have purchased things before from them & it was all good...??
Clen is nothing to fuk with if you do not know what you are doing.

If it is from a research company, just throw it out. Not worth the chance.

I would guess you are looking to do a weight loss cycle...?

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Ill never understand using stuff like this when the goal can be accomplished healthily with diet and cardio. Of course there is risk in all AAS but those can be mitigated with knowledge and reaponsible actions. This stuff just seems like a shortcut nobody needs. Just me though.

New Threads