How to get Calves to grow

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
True story. My wife told me why caught her eye first and caused her to come sit by me and introduce herself was my legs. I was wearing shorts. Moral of the story, don't skip legs day. Last I heard legs go from your hips to your feet.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
True story. My wife told me why caught her eye first and caused her to come sit by me and introduce herself was my legs. I was wearing shorts. Moral of the story, don't skip legs day. Last I heard legs go from your hips to your feet.

Sounds like a fetish. We can disregard this story.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’ve had plenty of women compliment my calves. Actually this week a girl came up to me in the gym and said she love my calves and it’s good to see a muscular guy who actually trains them too ;)

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
As long as I can keep mine from looking like twigs that’s good enough for me.

no stage in my future

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Sounds like a fetish. We can disregard this story.

Go ahead and disregard, it led to the best thing in my life. Never had a gal tell you that you had nice quads? Probably need to spend a little more time under the bar.

Reaction score
hmm I have never given special attention to my calves. I already have them pretty good. I have cycled (bicycle) a lot and even now.

Have been training them everyday all the time though. 25 reps 3 sets body weight, mixed with using one foot sometimes which really works the calves. Mixed some other variations too. I just did them because I had nothing to do and instead of wasting time, just work them out. Usually during my abs workout.

From past week, I have stopped all that and switched to working them out only on leg day. 3 sets, till failure reps with 32-36kg extra weight (16-18kg dumbbells). Really f***s your shit up. Borderline cramp material. Feels like I am just about to tear them.

New Threads