Planning my first Blast

tsizzle

Reaction score
Hey guys. First I just want to say you guys have been great on this board. Ive lurked on many forums and this one is by far the best. There is no bullshit or sugarcoating here. I love that..

Im planning my first Blast and wanted to know what guys think.

I have a few questions I was hoping some could help me with..

In review, I am 43 years old and train 6 days a week. Im 214 LBS and Have been running 250mg of Test C for 12 weeks. I would consider myself advanced but not an expert weight trainer.

I made the decision to go TRT (self prescribed) I have never used AAS in the past so this is my first time. Things have gone smooth thus far and I want to start mid November. I was planning on going from 250 mg to 500mg Test C for 16 weeks to see how I react.

I had blood work done after the first 4 weeks, and the only thing that was out of whack was my E2 was at 50. (which was not that high) Per Jin's advice I started taking .25 Arimidex E3D and plan on 1 more round of blood work before I begin the Blast. currently feel good.

The only thing I have seen thus far sides wise is a couple pimples on my back, and an oily face, but no breakouts or anything.. Feel great, Libido is awesome and strength gains are good.

I am always looking to gain muscle and lose bodyfat. Im not looking to "BULK" so to speak, but welcome the size I will gain. I never miss cardio sessions as I make sure I get that in Every Tues, Thurs, and Sat on an empty stomach.. (also go on Sunday for Cardio when I can)

Weight training wise, I do full upper body workouts every 4-5 days as well as lower on alternating days (in between cardio days) This has worked great for me and gives me more free time.

Will I be more effective by going to a traditional Split? What is your take on Full upper body workouts? They are long sessions but I do give max effort through the whole workout with no issues. Im pretty happy with my routine now, but Im willing to change it if I need to.

Will I have to change my diet much to get the max benefit? I currently eat 6 times per day (sometimes 7) Lean protein and carb with every meal. I also drink protein shakes with pasteurized egg whites and raw oats couple times per day. (in morning, and after training)

My biggest question is, When I drop back down to 250 mg of Test after 16 weeks is over, Will I keep my hard earned muscle or will I lose some? (Diet and HIIT cardio is Militant)

is 16 Weeks a good timeline for a blast of Test C?

Pinning 250 mg every Monday and Thursday sound good?

I have Adex, Nolva, on hand just in case things go bad with gyno sides.

Sorry If I have missed anything. If you need more info just leme know!

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
The guys will be along soon but to get the best results Id say up your calories considerably otherwise it's going to be hard to make any gains at all. I started a blast almost four weeks ago at that same dose and Im making great headway already but Im forcefeeding TONS of food. If I gain some fat, Ill just cut some afterwards. Use the anabolic time to grow otherwise, what's the point?

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Looks like your ducks are in a row to me, and sustaining the trt dose will help with keeping gains. Side note, it sounds like you're probably going to break out at the higher dose, it happens. You can search for ways of combating the acne on the forum

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
My biggest question is, When I drop back down to 250 mg of Test after 16 weeks is over, Will I keep my hard earned muscle or will I lose some? (Diet and HIIT cardio is Militant)

is 16 Weeks a good timeline for a blast of Test C?

Pinning 250 mg every Monday and Thursday sound good?

I have Adex, Nolva, on hand just in case things go bad with gyno sides.

Sorry If I have missed anything. If you need more info just leme know!

Keeping gains is a factor of how close you are to your genetic potential. You seem somewhat advanced so you may not keep much. Over time, say 6 months post cycle, you will keep what 250mg/wk allows and not what 500mg/wk has given you.

16 weeks is a great idea. You're really going to enjoy this. Just give it time to start feeling/seeing results. For me, the 4 week kinda seems to do something with the 5th week confirming that I'm rolling.

Pinning days are fine. I personally do not pin the day before legs just in case of a little pip.

If you have blood work records on your E2, go off of that. Get blood work done with 4 weeks in and don't use sides as an indicator of your E2 levels. I would guess you may need 1/2 mg of Adex on each pin but start out with just 1/2 mg per week. This will make the adjustment up or down a smaller increment.

Did I say you're really going to enjoy this? lol

tsizzle

Reaction score
Keeping gains is a factor of how close you are to your genetic potential. You seem somewhat advanced so you may not keep much. Over time, say 6 months post cycle, you will keep what 250mg/wk allows and not what 500mg/wk has given you.

16 weeks is a great idea. You're really going to enjoy this. Just give it time to start feeling/seeing results. For me, the 4 week kinda seems to do something with the 5th week confirming that I'm rolling.

Pinning days are fine. I personally do not pin the day before legs just in case of a little pip.

If you have blood work records on your E2, go off of that. Get blood work done with 4 weeks in and don't use sides as an indicator of your E2 levels. I would guess you may need 1/2 mg of Adex on each pin but start out with just 1/2 mg per week. This will make the adjustment up or down a smaller increment.

Did I say you're really going to enjoy this? lol

Thanks Snake. I'm pretty excited. Im already all over my wife lol... She may wonder what's up. Haha.

I'm wondering if I should alter my diet at all? What diet is recommended for the best results on this dose? I'm about 50 grams protien per meal and half that in carbs 6-7x per day maybe go 1-1 ratio carbs to protien? I dont want gain fat

Training sound good?

Monday full upper body
Tuesday HIIT Cardio
Wednesday Legs
Thursday HIIT cardio
Friday Full upper Body
Saturday HIIT cardio
Sunday off

Monday repeat starting with Legs this time....

Or should I do a traditional split and do cardio everyday?

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
Just me but split up the upper body so you can hit a muscle more intense . hit a muscle every 5 or 6 days.
No way you are killing it with so many upper body parts.
You should be feeling good on 250 a week as it is .
I dont bother with cardio ever I keep 10 percent bf all the time . but I have crazy genetics .
But if you are bulking I would keep it to a day a week. Maybe end of cycle step it up
Just my 2 cents

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
youve already been on the test for 3 months

add some npp at 250 to 300mgs a week

for 12 weeks thats 3 months

16 weeks is 4 months that is too long

especially for a 43 year old man

not in any compitition or stand to make a million bucks off it

steroids in higher than trt & hrt doses arent good for you

so dont press your luck by going the extra mile

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
250 a week is definitely supraphysiological. For health purposes going forward you are probably better off around 150 but that's just me.

My trt is 200 a week but I seem to eat this stuff up pretty quick. I have several friends on 150 a week who have higher test levels than me.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks Snake. I'm pretty excited. Im already all over my wife lol... She may wonder what's up. Haha.

I'm wondering if I should alter my diet at all? What diet is recommended for the best results on this dose? I'm about 50 grams protien per meal and half that in carbs 6-7x per day maybe go 1-1 ratio carbs to protien? I dont want gain fat

Training sound good?

Monday full upper body
Tuesday HIIT Cardio
Wednesday Legs
Thursday HIIT cardio
Friday Full upper Body
Saturday HIIT cardio
Sunday off

Monday repeat starting with Legs this time....

Or should I do a traditional split and do cardio everyday?
Just see how it goes. I'm not too big on changing a bunch of thing.

tsizzle

Reaction score
Jesus. At 200 a week I vary between like 720 and 915 and free test is still not all that impressive.

What is a good free test number to be at?? I am going to get bloodwork the Monday before my first blast pin and see where I sit in the trough. Then I can adjust my TRT dose after my blast accordingly....

The last bloodwork was taken 48 hrs after the 250mg trt dose in week 4, so it's not a true reading. Numbers were high, over 1500 and free test at 67

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
For longevity and health purposes, most people want to be between like 650-900 ng/dl. But free and bioavailable is really where the rubber meets the road for how people feel.

1500 total is definitely in the mild cycle range

New Threads