Absorption? Standard needle vs slin pin?

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Fk load of minutes, that's kinda funny actually. Busy dude I guess.

Last cycle I pinned 9 ml/week. Yes with slin pins. More pins a week, sure. But I'm also not forcing a 3 ml bolus into muscle I've worked hard to put on. Feel free to say what you will, but before you judge the method maybe go ahead and look at the results. No, how you pin has nothing to do with the result but at the same time it certainly hasn't hurt it either. To each their own, just dont tell me it takes a fk load of munites to draw and pin with slin pins, cause I've been doing it that way for 5 years. Bullshit somebody else....

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fk load of minutes, that's kinda funny actually. Busy dude I guess.

Last cycle I pinned 9 ml/week. Yes with slin pins. More pins a week, sure. But I'm also not forcing a 3 ml bolus into muscle I've worked hard to put on. Feel free to say what you will, but before you judge the method maybe go ahead and look at the results. No, how you pin has nothing to do with the result but at the same time it certainly hasn't hurt it either. To each their own, just dont tell me it takes a fk load of munites to draw and pin with slin pins, cause I've been doing it that way for 5 years. Bullshit somebody else....

Lol yes how you pin has absolutely nothing to do with results. You use your 400 plus pins per cycle and the rest of us will do it our way. But hanging a bunch of pins on my dresser with multiple upside down vials? Lolol gtfo. Lol

Last edited:

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The hell you guys talking about hanging vials?? Not sure how many times I've said it on here..... BACK FILL THE DAMN SLIN PIN WITH A 20G PIN! I fill a fist full at a time & injection with a slin doesn't take long. I use slins on my trt. I've had bloods drawn & it doesnt matter if you hit muscle or inject in the fat. Your body has no choice but to absorb the gear! It's not coming out your ass! THE FUK!

Reaction score
The hell you guys talking about hanging vials?? Not sure how many times I've said it on here..... BACK FILL THE DAMN SLIN PIN WITH A 20G PIN! I fill a fist full at a time & injection with a slin doesn't take long. I use slins on my trt. I've had bloods drawn & it doesnt matter if you hit muscle or inject in the fat. Your body has no choice but to absorb the gear! It's not coming out your ass! THE FUK!

You mean take the plunger out and fill?

Reaction score
So I just started blasting on top of my TRT dose. I ordered 27g 1 1/4 thinking that would be close to the 25g needle that my clinic uses. **** no it wasn't. I compared the two. For IM glute injections it looked like it was only a 1/2 inch. Made that needle I bought look like 3 inches lol. Also made the mistake of ordering 1cc barrels. I changed it up and ordered some 3cc and some 25g 1 inch needles for down the line. Carrying around a 1cc fully filled is just asking for trouble. Plus if wanting to aspirate as someone else mentioned you can't. As far as absorption of that smaller needle to the glute. Not an issue at all as 150mg a week had me over 1100 at last reading.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
So I just started blasting on top of my TRT dose. I ordered 27g 1 1/4 thinking that would be close to the 25g needle that my clinic uses. **** no it wasn't. I compared the two. For IM glute injections it looked like it was only a 1/2 inch. Made that needle I bought look like 3 inches lol. Also made the mistake of ordering 1cc barrels. I changed it up and ordered some 3cc and some 25g 1 inch needles for down the line. Carrying around a 1cc fully filled is just asking for trouble. Plus if wanting to aspirate as someone else mentioned you can't. As far as absorption of that smaller needle to the glute. Not an issue at all as 150mg a week had me over 1100 at last reading.

I use 25g 1” for every injection site. Good choice.

Why are you carrying around pre filled syringes?

Aspirating isn’t necessary or even advised.

Reaction score
I go to a local TRT clinic that does one shot there and I split the dose and take that second shot usually when I am at work with the pre filled. My shots are usually all in the early afternoon unless I am busy so I am forever doing them in a work restroom. To lessen the amount of shots for the blast I will just attach the 18 gauge needle, continue filling to 1cc, and reattach the provided and take it as normal on Friday. That will have me at 570mg(I added a 1cc of 250mg/ml after my Tuesday office visit) for the week and will keep the amount of injections low. I am a low SHBG guy and after that addition I think I finally feel like TRT is supposed to make me feel as in...still motivated to do shit after work, thinking clearly. Yadda yadda. Those daily or oed dosing guys might be on to something in certain cases.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Just take the shot at home. Doesn’t matter what time.

Reaction score
Yeah? I guess with the ester and more than once a week i am over thinking things. Didn't mean to derail the thread lol. Moral of the stor, either needle size works, go by bloods. Don't over think things like me.

Reaction score
Aspirating isn’t necessary or even advised.
Let's talk about this for a moment. I haven't thought about this since I started trt a few years ago, but are you saying you don't aspirate when you pin, anywhere? I have pretty much stuck with delt injections simply because I don't like the idea of aspirating. Obviously I'd like to add more injection sites and now that I'm pinning a cc in my delt, they are sore for a few days (then time to pin again). So you don't aspirate for glutes, quads, etc?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Let's talk about this for a moment. I haven't thought about this since I started trt a few years ago, but are you saying you don't aspirate when you pin, anywhere? I have pretty much stuck with delt injections simply because I don't like the idea of aspirating. Obviously I'd like to add more injection sites and now that I'm pinning a cc in my delt, they are sore for a few days (then time to pin again). So you don't aspirate for glutes, quads, etc?

Clearly I do not. As stated: unnecessary. That goes for any injection site.

aspirating is an outdated best practice.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Clearly I do not. As stated: unnecessary. That goes for any injection site.

aspirating is an outdated best practice.

So true!! I never have or will.............................!:D

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Aspirating just makes the needle wiggle around more and do more damage.

Reaction score
I use slin pins for HCG into fat, for test I draw with a 23g and pin w a 25g.

Torres

Reaction score
I like using a 5/8” 25 gauge syringe to pin and it works fine.
If not I’ll go with a 1” 23 gauge pin and that’s fine too.
For areas like pecs, calves, tris, I’ll use a Slin pin, backfill that bad boy and commence to pin!!!

Reaction score
I just started using 28g 1/2" 1cc for IM into my delts and pecs. Honestly I will never go back to anything else except to draw with obviously. I just pin my gear daily which im sure is keeping much more stable levels and hopefully lower estrogen as well.

Also I do not notice any sign of the oil leaking into the subq layer but I also push the needle in so it is well beyond 1/2" in that location.

New Threads