Absorption? Standard needle vs slin pin?

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
One obviously gets the gear much deeper in the muscle tissue. Has there been any research on whether absorption is decreased when using slin pins?

Chillinlow

Reaction score
One obviously gets the gear much deeper in the muscle tissue. Has there been any research on whether absorption is decreased when using slin pins?

If your in the muscle your in...... where else is it going to go.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I dont know. Seems like a lot might end up just under the skin w a slin. Assuming theyre just as effective then, insulin for life.

Chillinlow

Reaction score
I don’t see how you guys can do slins! How’s long that process take? Draw and pin 22 takes about a minute, in and out just the way I like it!

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Draw it with a regular syringe and backfill the slin syringe. It takes maybe 15-20 seconds to inject. Nothing to it.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
On the TRT forum that I'm also a member of, the low SHBG guys inject testosterone subcutaneous daily to keep their levels stable. I even had a friend of mine do his tren a that way starting week 2 since he got tired of IM every day.

OTOH, some don't respond well to subcutaneous injections and end up with lack of absorption issues. This is another one of those "it depends on the individual" situations.

Regardless, shallow IM is IM, so whether deep or not, as long as nothing comes back out, you should be g2g.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well it’s been said more than once..that slin pins are used on a leaner body...makes since for them able to get in muscle...

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere that studies show that subq is acceptable for trt.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere that studies show that subq is acceptable for trt.

My TRT is subq and works ok. Only downside is finding enough far to hide the limp that forms. They supply a 5/8 30g needle which seems a lot sharper then slin pins. I’ve started going IM since it hides better.

Clinic suggests around your naval or obliques but I can’t do that anymore. If I’m going subq, I do the top of my thigh near my hip or butt cheek.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
I don’t see how you guys can do slins! How’s long that process take? Draw and pin 22 takes about a minute, in and out just the way I like it!

drawing 1cc of test cyp into a 27g 1/2 inch slin pin and injecting it takes around les time or the same as getting stoned or smoking a cigarette

whats the rush muh dude ?

Reaction score
Absorption is absorption. lol

Pin with a straw or slin, same shit different pain. :p

Personally, I tried slin and it is 50/50. The fact that you have to pin 1ml and the syringe is 1ml isn't easy. Multiple times while pulling, the plunger came out.

Using an ampule, again you have to be creative. Pin only goes half in. After that either you pour the rest of the solution into the other part of the pule you broke or take the plunger out and pour it in. EZ PZ.

Risk is, with 1ml slin and it being full of solution, it is pretty much impossible to check if you have inserted it into the vein.

Reaction score
When I started trt I tried all different ways of injecting, one the them was subq with a slin pin. I saw no benefit and went back to pinning my delt with a standard needle.

i would like to try pinning im with a slin pin though.

Last edited:

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Depends on bodyfat I guess but I can pin pretty well everything with one. Delts, pecs, traps, and lats are super easy. I havent tried quads bc I got such bad pip the few times I did them with a 1" needle

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
If you're lean enough you can pin a lot of places with a slin pin. That's all I use, and I draw and pin with the same needle/syringe. I'm pretty sure I'm just as busy as the next guy, so I'm kinda wondering what the fkn hurry is. Maybe I'm missing out on life taking a few extra seconds.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When I started trt I tried all different ways of injecting, one the them was subq with a slin pin. I saw no benefit and went back to pinning my delt with a standard needle.

i would like to try pinning im with a slin pin though.

I also did subq but only with HGH...

Chillinlow

Reaction score
If you're lean enough you can pin a lot of places with a slin pin. That's all I use, and I draw and pin with the same needle/syringe. I'm pretty sure I'm just as busy as the next guy, so I'm kinda wondering what the fkn hurry is. Maybe I'm missing out on life taking a few extra seconds.

I pin glutes, reaching around to pin there is not the most comfortable thing to do usually let alone trying to hold your pin steady while trying to push 3mls through. To me it’s a lot easier and yes a lot faster. But it’s not about hurrying up it’s what works best for me. I have tried using smaller gauge and it just seems more difficult IMO. I think everyone has their way that works for them. Plus I have yet to see a slin pin that holds more then 1ml, maybe they make them idk.

Last edited:

Merlin

Reaction score
More like f**k load of minutes.

Idk how tf you fill yours but it for sure does not take a long time. Use gravity. Inject air then draw back from vial. Open a drawer and set the vial with pin in it and use gravity only takes MAYBE 5 min. Another member posted pictures on how to do this its really simple. Think outside the box.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
lol yeah I can see my dresser with vials and slin pins all hanging upside down on every drawer. Especially when someone has to pin 3-5 mil at a time. you gonna open up all your vials too?. lol. Nah. simple is 23 gauge, 3mil tub, draw and pin. on to next thing to do. been doing it with 22 and 23 gauges for 20 plus years. actually, 25 plus years

Last edited: