Critique my squat

Reaction score
U.M. has a good suggestion here once you get back into it. A slant board can also help.

Ya he does im definitely gonna take a break. I have some other nagging areas that could use some time off too before they are addressed. Thanks for all the responses

Reaction score
Gotta say I appreciate the advice everyone gave me. Added in some lifters, a better belt, and some correctional work and now my squat is feeling better than ever.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Gotta say I appreciate the advice everyone gave me. Added in some lifters, a better belt, and some correctional work and now my squat is feeling better than ever.

Just some suggestions that may help.

I know you want to get all amped up for your lift but don't do it at the cost of not using a good set up and a controlled take out. Don't rush, no one is going to take it away from you. You may also want to shorten up that walk out. You not only waste energy walking it across the gym but the more steps you take back, the greater the chance of injury. When you're standing there, the weight is loaded on both legs, when you step, it shifts and the weight stays the same. Most PLers love a Monolift for these reasons. Shorter steps will be better.

I like the sleeves, that's new, right? Form looked good to me but I was one who didn't have a problem with your last vid.

I am only going to say this once, then it's up to you to do as you please but stop the low reps. You're coming off multiple injuries for God's sake, be careful. Yeah that was not a max but your just inviting trouble.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Here is my squat workout last week......

tumblr_m9sqdmYGvT1qj5m58o1_400.gif

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What is “buttwink”? Serious question, I’ve never heard of that.

butt winks should be avoided because it increases force on your spine. A buttwink occurs when your lumbar spine rounds and your pelvis tilts a bit at the bottom of the squat in a posterior fashion.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
^^^^ to add because of some peoples hip anatomy they just can't squat to depth without a buttwink

Reaction score
Just some suggestions that may help.

I know you want to get all amped up for your lift but don't do it at the cost of not using a good set up and a controlled take out. Don't rush, no one is going to take it away from you. You may also want to shorten up that walk out. You not only waste energy walking it across the gym but the more steps you take back, the greater the chance of injury. When you're standing there, the weight is loaded on both legs, when you step, it shifts and the weight stays the same. Most PLers love a Monolift for these reasons. Shorter steps will be better.

I like the sleeves, that's new, right? Form looked good to me but I was one who didn't have a problem with your last vid.

I am only going to say this once, then it's up to you to do as you please but stop the low reps. You're coming off multiple injuries for God's sake, be careful. Yeah that was not a max but your just inviting trouble.

I agree with you on the low reps. I started this power trainer that starts out with lower weight and high volume so I think that will help me ease back into the top sets later on. My back has been feeling great on squats lately. I will definitely work on that set up and walk out. Taking these videos really helps me. Thanks man.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Your 3 step walkout and placement is fine. You're just walking back too far. All you need to do is walk back just far enough to clear the rack