Cycle/Diet expectations

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Talk about cornfed country boy right there haha. Well keep your chin up buddy, put in that hard work and you got the frame to be a beast

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Give the man a break! He is asking for some help and never said he was ready for the Mr. O.

Iowabull,
Your cals seems way low and with the cardio, you should be dropping the lbs. so something is off. That test level doesn't help but it's not that much of a contribution factor. How long have you been at this?

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Takes a brave man to post up a pic of his physique in the beginning stages so kudos to you brother. Like Jin i also started out with a not so awesome build but with time and consistency have changed that. Be in it to win it, lookin forward to seeing your journey.

Iowabull

Reaction score
Give the man a break! He is asking for some help and never said he was ready for the Mr. O.

Iowabull,
Your cals seems way low and with the cardio, you should be dropping the lbs. so something is off. That test level doesn't help but it's not that much of a contribution factor. How long have you been at this?

For a number of years I controlled my weight with ridiculous amounts of cardio and a 1500 calorie a day diet. Obviously that didn't work well with strength gains or even maintaining strength. I have been eating more calories(2500-3000) now for about a year but I was only counting calories and not paying attention to my protien/fat/carbs. I have been really watching them now for about 2 months. My strength gains are improving and I have been losing weight but very slowly about 2 lbs a week.

Reaction score
For a number of years I controlled my weight with ridiculous amounts of cardio and a 1500 calorie a day diet. Obviously that didn't work well with strength gains or even maintaining strength. I have been eating more calories(2500-3000) now for about a year but I was only counting calories and not paying attention to my protien/fat/carbs. I have been really watching them now for about 2 months. My strength gains are improving and I have been losing weight but very slowly about 2 lbs a week.
Rome was not built in a day brother .you are on the right path now. and in the right place. it will only get better and better now .good luck.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score

Two pounds a week is not a slow weight loss. On the contrary, a pound a week fat loss is plenty fast if you want to be keeping what muscle you have. Remember how long it took to put the fat on. Slow and steady bro. Persistence and tenacity.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Keep at it, youll be fine. Got some good advice from the guys here and if you put up a log they help keep you honest. Ive been at this for about a year now and they have helped a ton.
Listen to them and keep up the hard work. Welcome to UG

Iowabull

Reaction score
What are some of your thoughts on my cardio. I do the 50 minutes a day (30 eliptical/20 recumbant) 6 days a week. It hasn't made a change in my weight loss. I dont have a problem continuing doing it if it is helpful but right now I am not seeing any benefit to it. Is there something else cardio wise I should do, or a different frequency?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
What are some of your thoughts on my cardio. I do the 50 minutes a day (30 eliptical/20 recumbant) 6 days a week. It hasn't made a change in my weight loss. I dont have a problem continuing doing it if it is helpful but right now I am not seeing any benefit to it. Is there something else cardio wise I should do, or a different frequency?

Its good for your body and will reduce some sides of taking aas. Like BP and cholesterol management.

Continue if you have time but as you go on cycle make the weights a priority. Its a lot of cardio and once your hormones are off the charts you will be able to add muscle whilst losing fat. Especially since this is your first cycle.

When do you start or have you?

Iowabull

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I am hopefull this comming week. If not the week after for sure.

Reaction score
Got a lot of solid advise Iowabull keep at it coz like everyone has said you're defs on the right path, look forward to seeing your progress ��

New Threads