Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    Give the man a break! He is asking for some help and never said he was ready for the Mr. O.

Iowabull,
    Your cals seems way low and with the cardio, you should be dropping the lbs. so something is off. That test level doesn't help but it's not that much of a contribution factor. How long have you been at this?
    For a number of years I controlled my weight with ridiculous amounts of cardio and a 1500 calorie a day diet. Obviously that didn't work well with strength gains or even maintaining strength. I have been eating more calories(2500-3000) now for about a year but I was only counting calories and not paying attention to my protien/fat/carbs. I have been really watching them now for about 2 months. My strength gains are improving and I have been losing weight but very slowly about 2 lbs a week.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowabull View Post
    For a number of years I controlled my weight with ridiculous amounts of cardio and a 1500 calorie a day diet. Obviously that didn't work well with strength gains or even maintaining strength. I have been eating more calories(2500-3000) now for about a year but I was only counting calories and not paying attention to my protien/fat/carbs. I have been really watching them now for about 2 months. My strength gains are improving and I have been losing weight but very slowly about 2 lbs a week.
    Rome was not built in a day brother .you are on the right path now. and in the right place. it will only get better and better now .good luck.
    they say you are what you eat..........WELL I cant remember when I ate a fooken LEGEND!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stanley For This Useful Post:

Bambam333 (11-03-2018),Iowabull (10-29-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,660 Times in 1,533 Posts
    Two pounds a week is not a slow weight loss. On the contrary, a pound a week fat loss is plenty fast if you want to be keeping what muscle you have. Remember how long it took to put the fat on. Slow and steady bro. Persistence and tenacity.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BRICKS For This Useful Post:

Bambam333 (11-03-2018),dk8594 (10-29-2018),Iowabull (10-29-2018),stanley (10-29-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,789 Posts
    This is one I have of me at about 275 Attachment 6670
    not exactly what i thought you were saying but you look strong

get those test levels dialed in & welcome to UGBB

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeigler For This Useful Post:

Bambam333 (11-03-2018),Iowabull (10-29-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 683 Posts
    Keep at it, youll be fine. Got some good advice from the guys here and if you put up a log they help keep you honest. Ive been at this for about a year now and they have helped a ton.
    Listen to them and keep up the hard work. Welcome to UG
    Installing upgraded body, PLEASE WAIT....................................

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Elivo For This Useful Post:

Bambam333 (11-03-2018)

Thanks
    What are some of your thoughts on my cardio. I do the 50 minutes a day (30 eliptical/20 recumbant) 6 days a week. It hasn't made a change in my weight loss. I dont have a problem continuing doing it if it is helpful but right now I am not seeing any benefit to it. Is there something else cardio wise I should do, or a different frequency?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,928 Times in 2,707 Posts
    What are some of your thoughts on my cardio. I do the 50 minutes a day (30 eliptical/20 recumbant) 6 days a week. It hasn't made a change in my weight loss. I dont have a problem continuing doing it if it is helpful but right now I am not seeing any benefit to it. Is there something else cardio wise I should do, or a different frequency?
    Its good for your body and will reduce some sides of taking aas. Like BP and cholesterol management.

Continue if you have time but as you go on cycle make the weights a priority. Its a lot of cardio and once your hormones are off the charts you will be able to add muscle whilst losing fat. Especially since this is your first cycle.

When do you start or have you?

Jacked and Bearded

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

Bambam333 (11-03-2018),Iowabull (11-02-2018)

Thanks
    Thanks for the info. I am hopefull this comming week. If not the week after for sure.

Thanks
    Got a lot of solid advise Iowabull keep at it coz like everyone has said you're defs on the right path, look forward to seeing your progress ��

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bambam333 For This Useful Post:

Iowabull (11-04-2018)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123