Medical Myths That Still Exist

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
There is so much misinformation in the medical community that is usually based on one bogus study from ages ago. Even now with good info, most of this nonsense is still touted by the majority of doctors. Let's talk about em. Ill start a few:

Cholesterol levels are an important risk factor for heart disease.

Saturated fat causes heart attacks.

High protein diets stress the kidneys.

Testosterone replacement therapy increases the risk for CVD.

Testosterone causes prostate cancer.

The food guide pyramid.........

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Have to disagree with your first one, unless you can post recent (within the last 2 years) research to
indicate otherwise. While taken by itself, like some of the other risk factors for CVD, cholesterol levels don't tell us much. But hypercholesteremia together with other risk factors, yeah, it can become very important. And single lab results taken 6 months apart tell you nothing except that at that particular time you were either within a normal range or not.

I can agree on the other points you mentioned.

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Don't say 20 Hail Mary's in front of a mirror in the dark...never tried it, never will. Dumb ole Catholic boy here!

Dbolitarian

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good post man, I've read a lot if bullshit on the internet along with hearing shit growing up that's still what most people think

Even back to simple workout routines
Like if you have a gut
Do cruches it will make it "vanish"

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Eating many small meals throughout the day boosts metabolism to burn fat.

If we are including Broscience in this then the floodgates are open..

Last edited:

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
My understanding is about 5% of testosterone converts to DHT. DHT helps regulate prostrate growth (potentially enlargement) and is linked to prostate cancer. I haven’t found anything that clarifies the last point either proving or disproving it. I’d be curious to know if it’s a myth or not.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
My understanding is about 5% of testosterone converts to DHT. DHT helps regulate prostrate growth (potentially enlargement) and is linked to prostate cancer. I haven’t found anything that clarifies the last point either proving or disproving it. I’d be curious to know if it’s a myth or not.

All the new studies show that years of LOW testosterone basically load the gun for you prostate cancer wise so starting trt late in life can appear to be the trigger when, in fact, if they had managed their testosterone through mid life, it would not have shown up so early.

The truth is though, if you live long enough, every male will get some form of prostate cancer

New Threads