Real genetic superiority

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Better than Phil Heath and better than Shawn Roden.

Lee Priest has the gift.

You can tell from the video he hops on aas between 18-19. But he’s more developed at 17 and natty than most of the board.

I believe priest to be a straight shooter and he says his natty test levels are well over normal even after many cycles and he cannot get trt n Australia. Some people need way less aas than others to shine.

As for me? pull me another 3cc shot.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wPwqjBSHbPg

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
So I am 40 trying to look like Lee Priest when he was 16. I got this. Give me until the Summer.

Pretty much.

I have no hopes of looking like him past the age of 20. And even that may not be possible.

Lets keep in mind that he is 5’4”. Which is basically half a Gibson.

And Preist actually did beat Ronnie Coleman and 2 other Mr Os in competition.

He is definitely an anomaly and a favorite.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Another case for lifting during the formative years. I bet there’s more involved in developing a more solid frame then AAS. Seems people lifting that young respond better overall. Definitely just had it. Good find.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Genetics, yes. Starting at a young age also, yes. You'll notice that just about all the bodybuilding superstars going pretty far back started lifting at a pretty young age. Its like what R.C. said in his documentary, even with genetics muscles takes time to fully mature into greatness over the years.

Reactions: Jin

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Another case for lifting during the formative years. I bet there’s more involved in developing a more solid frame then AAS. Seems people lifting that young respond better overall. Definitely just had it. Good find.

To me it’s more a case of “find out early what your kids gifts are and cultivate them.” It was obvious from a young age that he was meant for body building and he was competing by the time he was 12.

Thats a great stategy for any gift a kid has: make the most of it

Because let’s face it, we all may want out kids to love the gym and have elite bodies or lifts, but most wont. So we should push them in the things they are gifted in and/or want to do.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
To me it’s more a case of “find out early what your kids gifts are and cultivate them.” It was obvious from a young age that he was meant for body building and he was competing by the time he was 12.

Thats a great stategy for any gift a kid has: make the most of it

Because let’s face it, we all may want out kids to love the gym and have elite bodies or lifts, but most wont. So we should push them in the things they are gifted in and/or want to do.

I didn’t want to bring it up but the karate photo with his dad made me think of it. I wonder how he started and if a lot of it wasn’t to “make dad proud”. I don’t know much about him but the slides left me feeling that way.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I didn’t want to bring it up but the karate photo with his dad made me think of it. I wonder how he started and if a lot of it wasn’t to “make dad proud”. I don’t know much about him but the slides left me feeling that way.

His mom was a competitive BB. Perfect storm of nature and nurture.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I thought this thread was going to be about me.....

Reactions: Jin

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Genetics, yes. Starting at a young age also, yes. You'll notice that just about all the bodybuilding superstars going pretty far back started lifting at a pretty young age. Its like what R.C. said in his documentary, even with genetics muscles takes time to fully mature into greatness over the years.

I saw that in that doc. I always said you have to start young and you're not going to hit that peak until 35. Now that R.C. said it, maybe some of you will start to think I'm not just another pretty face? Okay.. maybe not.

Lee busts me up with his straight forward, no BS interviews. Love it!

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I expected the same thing
Lol

As far as this goes, I have no evidence to back this up but I think training in early childhood is a giant advantage. I wonder if those formative years allow for greater control of the CNS as you get older. The brain is very "plastic" in those years and it makes sense that you could get a leg up on cns over other people by starting young.

I was far from bigger than everyone else, but by starting to lift at the age of 8, I was always stronger. Nobody else in my family is noticeably muscular or overly strong.

Priest has the best arms ever in bodybuilding. I wonder how many hours he spent curling in the basement?

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I'm over here trying to get 15 year old Lee Priest legs lmfao

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Pretty much.

I have no hopes of looking like him past the age of 20. And even that may not be possible.

Lets keep in mind that he is 5’4”. Which is basically half a Gibson.

And Preist actually did beat Ronnie Coleman and 2 other Mr Os in competition.

He is definitely an anomaly and a favorite.

Yeah, I was being serious. I think it’s within the realm of possibility to look like him in his mid teens. I have a bulk and a cut leading into next summer. FuK it. I am going for it. If I fall short and just land on being in the best shape of my life , that’s ok too.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Beast!!! He reps for all the little guys

Maijah

Elite
Reaction score
Hulksmash is the genetic freak around here

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score