Advise for a first cutting cycle

Reaction score
I am new here guys. I just signed up today. I have a couple questions.

How do I start my own post.

I want to ask advise for a first cutting cycle.
This is my second I did one for 12 weeks. Started in January of this year and ended in March.

That cycle was Test A, Tren E, and 4 weeks on Clen, 2 weeks on and off. With the a PCT afterwards.
I put easily 20 pounds of lean muscle but my body fat was still in the 20's %. But I was strong as hell. My Strict Press went from 195 pounds to 245. I could clean easily 265 without even squatting... Now I have lost like 15% strength but still very strong.

Now I really want to cut, to at least 15%, and I will go Keto, or in low carb diet... Anyway I have a lot of weight so if I loose some muscle it is ok. But I want to be around 210 with 10-15% BF.

I am 39, 6'2", 243, 19-21% BF. I do lifting and Crossfit too. I know not your cup of tea, but it gives me the cardio.

Thanks in advance!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I am new here guys. I just signed up today. I have a couple questions.

How do I start my own post.

You just kind of did.

I want to ask advise for a first cutting cycle.
This is my second I did one for 12 weeks. Started in January of this year and ended in March.

That cycle was Test A, Tren E, and 4 weeks on Clen, 2 weeks on and off. With the a PCT afterwards.
I put easily 20 pounds of lean muscle but my body fat was still in the 20's %. But I was strong as hell. My Strict Press went from 195 pounds to 245. I could clean easily 265 without even squatting... Now I have lost like 15% strength but still very strong.

I would have given you some different advice on that first cycle but that's in the past. For future reference, it would help the members if you also posted your dosages. In all, it sounds like it was a success. You have to expect to lose some of what you got but you're doing alright.

Now I really want to cut, to at least 15%, and I will go Keto, or in low carb diet... Anyway I have a lot of weight so if I loose some muscle it is ok. But I want to be around 210 with 10-15% BF.

This one can be more involved but to go from 20% BF to 15%, there's no reason to sacrifice any muscle on a cut cycle. I bet if done right, you're going to gain some muscle and lose some fat. Some Dirty math; you're talking about losing only 12- 15 lbs of fat but should have no problem putting on 10lbs of muscle if done right.

For general purposes, start thinking this way; muscle is made in the gym with progressive strength training, proper nutrition and rest. Fat loss is diet and cardio. Note that they both have something in common... what you eat and don't eat.

I would recommend you start a thread here: https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/forums/63-Members-Online-Journal Just hit "Start Thread" and name it as yours. You can post up what you have proposed for this cut cycle. You're not going to get spoonfed here so do your homework and the guys and gals will be more than happy to help out.

I am 39, 6'2", 243, 19-21% BF. I do lifting and Crossfit too. I know not your cup of tea, but it gives me the cardio.

Thanks in advance!

Don't ever hang your head over what cardio you're doing; cross fit or other. The only one that needs to hang his head is the fatass that's doing nothing about it. You have a solid start so lets take it to the next level.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply mate.
I agree with all you said.

Here is my issue, I am 39 soon to be 40, and my work is very sedentary. Spend 8-10 hours in the computer editing documents... So you can imagine my metabolism it sucks.

That is why I do crossfit because it is intense and I dont need that much time... since my schedule is pretty tight. Two kids that keeps me busy on top of that.
I don't sleep that much. Probably 5-6 hours a day... I am night owl.

I played soccer all my life and in college too. So I have no problem to developed my legs or glutes. But I have always have a tendency of retain water, even in my soccer years, or body fat. That is why I want the extra boost of a cutting cycle.

I always wanted to do it, but it was until this year that I did it. A good friend of mine that is a bodybuilder advise me and got the gear, and I bulked a lot.
Like I said I went to to 253, I think in my 9 or 10 week I even went to 261, and my waist was still a size 35 -36. I felt too big, everybody thought I was a pro rugby player hahaha. So I start in cal deficit.

It was only 250 MG /Wk Test A
and 200 mg /Wk Tren E
It wasnt that much, so I didn't take anything else during the cycle only the Clen on Weeks 6-12 (4WK) I was taking 20-40-60-80 the first week and then once I reached 80mg/Day I cruise one for the rest of the 2 weeks ON and 2 Wekks Off.

Then a PCT blend and I dindnt have major complications, but I think, and since I am big and I have some BF I got a little bit of Gyno showing up after 2 months... Thanks God now is almost gone.

Now I am 237-240. And trust me when I say this. If I eat carbs one day, even after doing a killer workout that day, I will be 5-7 pounds heavier the day after. No joke.

I try to eat 80% protein, mostly red meat and chicken, 15% veggies and the 5% extra dairy and fat.

I dont drink nor smoke. Pretty healthy.

I was thinking on doing
Week 1-12: Test P 300-500 MG /Wk depends how I feel. I did great with only 250 Mg/Wk in my first one.
Week 1-12: Tren A or E, whichever is better for cutting. That is why I want your advice.
Week 9-12 (4Weeks): Var 50-60 MG day.

My question is when do I need Clomid, Arim-idex, or if HCG is a good idea when and for how long???
Also, for PCT what do you guys recommend.

Thanks mates!

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I try to eat 80% protein, mostly red meat and chicken, 15% veggies and the 5% extra dairy and fat.

Major fan of this breakdown......pretty close to mine!!! :D

Reaction score
Yes sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I am cursed with a bad metabolism after I hit 35, and i spend lots of hours behind the computer.

Any advice?

Thanks!

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
I have never done cardio ever.. Always seem to,stay at 10 percent bf... Wheather I am 185 or 205..
All about calories in and calories out .. I used to be over 220 and a bit more fat but that was almost 20 years ago when my joints didnt mind lifting crazy heavy

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yes sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I am cursed with a bad metabolism after I hit 35, and i spend lots of hours behind the computer.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Well, I’ve sat for 8 hours a day for the last 14 years and never allowed myself to gain any fat. Now, one reason is because I’m a freak about being in shape so it never allows me to pig out just cuz. Two, you have to learn to eat clean # 1 if that’s what you want..lose fat! If you are ok with posting your diet that you eat ..it will help us to help you!

Chillinlow

Reaction score

Any advice?

Thanks!

I’’m same way best results Ever had was tren and keto, and no cheating not once and none that bullshitt net carbs, carbs are carbs. Eat meat cheese greens. Drink water black coffee and unsweetened tea. Six months I did two cycles and basically killed it, oh and I should mention never did cardio. Once again I stress never cheated and counted carbs as carbs not sugar alcohols or fiber.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Any advice?

Thanks!

I spend each working hour sitting at a computer too. It makes it harder, but not impossible. For example, after work, I am in my feet until bed time. During lunch, I either go for a walk or hit cardio. It’s a challenge, but it can be over come.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Just like dk and Jenn, I ride a desk for my 8. If it was not for an active life style, I would be a pile of shit and headed for an early death.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
tren can make the cardio tougher, ive never gone beyond 350mg because i am a hot head and was a total nut on tren.

So i would consider var or something else that would work both angles, cutting and adding muscle. Next i would try to do this with jus tes and one more basic compound. (I.E. not tren)

If you are going to stay 220, cardio & dieting are just going to be parts of your life rather then a cycle. So i would focus on you doing the work rather than the drugs.

Like the majority, i sit at a desk manning a phone & computer for 8 an day. Keeping active is going to be a life long type thing that you will grow accustom to.

So my advice, tes 500, maybe another compound.....maybe

GL

Reaction score
Hi guys, I really appreciate your input!

My diet is pretty clean.

I eat in the morning 1 egg with like 5 egg whites, a cup of coffee with almond milk and half of a toast, wheat bread, and half avocado.

Protein Shake, zero carb type, after my workout. Which is from 12-1:30. Crossfit and 30 minutes of extra lifting.

Lunch: Either 8-14 oz of red meat, chicken or lean pork loin. and a tomato/or broccoli. No carbs

Dinner: 4 Eggs and veggies or another 8 -10 oz of chicken or red meat or fish and 2 cups of veggies, broccoli, tomato or sweet potatoes. If not a cup of black beans.

I dont drink sodas, juices or any processed sugar at least 5 days a week.

My cheat day consist in going to the restaurant, but I wont eat pizza, fries, burgers, hot dogs or any fried food.
I will eat some bread or quinoa for carbs, and maybe have a glass of scotch or hard cider. With protein, fish tacos, shrimp cocktail, steak or chicken.

I know my body and this has worked before to maintain lower bf, but due to a car accident where I some of the discs of my spine, around the neck area, fissured I didnt work out for 2 months and I put weight.

Now I go to the gym 3-5 times a week. And I cant loose BF I keep gaining muscle and I dont want that because the BF it doesnt go away.

That is why I am trying to do a cutting cycle.

Week 1-12: Test P 300-500 MG /Wk
Week 1-12: Tren A or E, whichever is better for cutting. That is why I want your advice.

So is this ok, and when do I need to take Arimedx, clomid and HCG.

Also what tren is better for cutting?

Thanks!

Reaction score
One thing for sure is that I know I had low T levels in my first cycle, because for 2 years working pretty hard doing crossfit and lifting a lot my BF didn't go down that much, and when I took my first shot of Test. I felt the difference instantly.

So I might have low t levels as well, but I don't want to do Test only since my body tends, by nature, to hold water not mater what. And I have read that Test makes you retain water.

Thanks in advance guys!

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
May I ask what type of red meats are you eating?

Reaction score
Flank Steak, ribeye, trip tip mostly, also pork chops, chicken and sometimes shrimp

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
From personnel experience my last cut I used 200mg test per week and 600mg tren ace per week, I loved it. The idea is the test is just to replace your suppressed natural levels while the tren does the work for you. This was advised to me by several more experienced guys on this forum and it worked a treat. The Var wont harm the cycle but might not be necessary

Hi guys, I really appreciate your input!

My diet is pretty clean.

I eat in the morning 1 egg with like 5 egg whites, a cup of coffee with almond milk and half of a toast, wheat bread, and half avocado.

Protein Shake, zero carb type, after my workout. Which is from 12-1:30. Crossfit and 30 minutes of extra lifting.

Lunch: Either 8-14 oz of red meat, chicken or lean pork loin. and a tomato/or broccoli. No carbs

Dinner: 4 Eggs and veggies or another 8 -10 oz of chicken or red meat or fish and 2 cups of veggies, broccoli, tomato or sweet potatoes. If not a cup of black beans.

I dont drink sodas, juices or any processed sugar at least 5 days a week.

My cheat day consist in going to the restaurant, but I wont eat pizza, fries, burgers, hot dogs or any fried food.
I will eat some bread or quinoa for carbs, and maybe have a glass of scotch or hard cider. With protein, fish tacos, shrimp cocktail, steak or chicken.

I know my body and this has worked before to maintain lower bf, but due to a car accident where I some of the discs of my spine, around the neck area, fissured I didnt work out for 2 months and I put weight.

Now I go to the gym 3-5 times a week. And I cant loose BF I keep gaining muscle and I dont want that because the BF it doesnt go away.

That is why I am trying to do a cutting cycle.

Week 1-12: Test P 300-500 MG /Wk

So is this ok, and when do I need to take Arimedx, clomid and HCG.

Also what tren is better for cutting?

Thanks!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
From personnel experience my last cut I used 200mg test per week and 600mg tren ace per week, I loved it. The idea is the test is just to replace your suppressed natural levels while the tren does the work for you. This was advised to me by several more experienced guys on this forum and it worked a treat. The Var wont harm the cycle but might not be necessary

I didn’t realize you had ran 600 of tren to my 350. I’ll never let you look better than me again mate! High dose cheater...

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I very much doubt I have ever or will ever look better than you. Better looking yes but not better build

I didn’t realize you had ran 600 of tren to my 350. I’ll never let you look better than me again mate! High dose cheater...

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I very much doubt I have ever or will ever look better than you. Better looking yes but not better build

Wow. Talk about going for the low hanging fruit for a victory.

New Threads