Knot from hell

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I got a nice Louisville slugger that will take care of that knot. It's not a pinched nerve is it ?

Chillinlow

Reaction score
In all seriousness have you tried a deep tissue massage ?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I got a nice Louisville slugger that will take care of that knot. It's not a pinched nerve is it ?

I’ve been asking myself that because this isn’t like any other muscle knot I’ve experienced.

I do know there is a knot. Sometimes I get tingles trough my arm but only in certain positions. So it could be both.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’ve been asking myself that because this isn’t like any other muscle knot I’ve experienced.

I do know there is a knot. Sometimes I get tingles trough my arm but only in certain positions. So it could be both.[/QUOTE

it could be. If you're getting tingles in certain positions then inflammation could be putting pressure on the nerve. Accupressure and heat therapy could help.

Reactions: Jin

Blusoul24

Elite
Reaction score
I get knots like this. There’s a stretch I use that helps a ton: While standing, hold your arms straight out in front of you, parallel to the floor, palms down. Grip one end of a washcloth in each hand and, with your arms still straight, pull your hands away from each other. You should feel this in your upper back, between your shoulder blades. You can adjust where the stretch hits by slowly moving your arms up or down, keeping the tension. For me, when I lower my arms, I feel the stretch more under my traps.

Hope it helps. When I get them, it’s usually stress related, and they suck.

Reactions: Jin

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'll go further into the spoon thing. pOB had mentioned it a while back. It's known as "scraping" or in Japan "Gua sha" something like that. Anyway. Check it out. You will look like you fell off your motorcycle at high speeds. Or your boyfriend abused you.

But I'm certain your knot will go away.
My knot went away after putting my trap onto a steel beam and rubbing it away.
The spoon thing requires a someone knowing what the **** theyre doing.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I'll go further into the spoon thing. pOB had mentioned it a while back. It's known as "scraping" or in Japan "Gua sha" something like that. Anyway. Check it out. You will look like you fell off your motorcycle at high speeds. Or your boyfriend abused you.

Thanks dude. I look like a cat always rubbing my back on street light poles and swing set poles at my kid’s school.

Going to the local yoga instructor who also does massage tomorrow. Hopefully that’ll help.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I can’t sleep on my back in a bed. After 5 nights on the couch the thing finally let up. Still some residual tightness and tingles (think a nerve was concurrently pinched). But no constant pain.

Thanks to all who advised.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score

The lady who does my cupping/massage uses her hand in strong slow motions that mimics scraping.

I’m curious to try that someday. Especially after finding out cupping wasn’t the gimmick I thought it was. Asians are way to smart...

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Infraspinatus or if it's lower, the serratus. That serratus isn't a huge muscle but can put you on your knees. Benching sometimes with a hard arch can give me fits like that.

I like Aleve (Naproxen) for this stuff. double the dose for 3 days. I'd avoid those lower cable rows and try to see if hanging from your arms with wrist straps helps loosen it up. Try grabbing the corner of the wall and stretching it out. Rolling it out with a ball will help but nothing like having the wife put an elbow in there with a block of wood in your mouth. A chiropractor may be able to get her loose for ya.

Good luck Jin. This is a PITA but it's no real injury so work around it.

Snake is the only one who got the right idea. I disagree with the naproxen but he is the only one to look up and downstream of the area.

If you have a tight spot that won't yield under pressure look at the antagonists and look above and below. A lot of times pain under the shoulder blade for example is actually a tight pec or trap.

Use a process of elimination for these events. Everything is connected in a chain. One ****ed up link ****s with the whole chain.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Good to hear it Jin.
Has the vertigo dissipated?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Good to hear it Jin.
Has the vertigo dissipated?

Yes! Thanks for asking. But I don’t see any roller coasters in my future.
I vote have a chiro look at it..
DF doesn’t travel internationally.

Muscle pain is gone. Still can’t sleep on my sides though because of the nerve. For now it’s couch for sleeping.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Deep needle therapy/Dry needle therapy

Cupping

heat pad/ ice/ Bio freeze

The whole point of deep needle/dry needle is to find the "twitch" and stab it, releasing the twitch. From there it will be massaged out and after some cupping.

then when you are home, heat ice n biofreeze, you can do that on your own.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
It’s 2:20 am. Just went from the bed back to the couch. All I want is my wife to stab me repeatedly in the back with a 25g. I know she won’t.

Sucks.

No longer constantly hurts during the day at least.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Deep needle therapy/Dry needle therapy

Cupping

heat pad/ ice/ Bio freeze

The whole point of deep needle/dry needle is to find the "twitch" and stab it, releasing the twitch. From there it will be massaged out and after some cupping.

then when you are home, heat ice n biofreeze, you can do that on your own.

Trigger point therapy is quicker

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hit it with a car buffer a few times a day and check your pec for tightness too.

Sometimes you can over-do it with lacrosse balls and foam rolling and on on on. You can get on it to much and end up aggravating it more.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Hit it with a car buffer a few times a day and check your pec for tightness too.

Sometimes you can over-do it with lacrosse balls and foam rolling and on on on. You can get on it to much and end up aggravating it more.

Left my car buffer in the US.

Thinking of of picking up the Hitachi Wand though.

New Threads