• No

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Intermittently

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I have/had 3 significant lumbar disc bulges. 2 MRIs, epidural steroids, PT, traction, neuro surgeon consult...have missed work 2 times for a week each time...crawling from the chair toilet type of thing. Since I started training with 100% dedication/intensity around 5-6 years ago, zero problems. Anymore if I feel things starting to wind up I can stretch and relax this, maybe the a couple of cyclobenzaprine (flexeril) and head things off at the pass. Earlier this year squatted 500 for 7 reps and 565 for a single, no problem.

Those disc bulges can resolve over time. Haven't had an MRI for several years, but u do know that if I don't train for an extended period of time, shit in general hurts worse.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ghd machine helped my lower back get stronger fixing what ever was bothering me

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I have/had 3 significant lumbar disc bulges. 2 MRIs, epidural steroids, PT, traction, neuro surgeon consult...have missed work 2 times for a week each time...crawling from the chair toilet type of thing. Since I started training with 100% dedication/intensity around 5-6 years ago, zero problems. Anymore if I feel things starting to wind up I can stretch and relax this, maybe the a couple of cyclobenzaprine (flexeril) and head things off at the pass. Earlier this year squatted 500 for 7 reps and 565 for a single, no problem.

Those disc bulges can resolve over time. Haven't had an MRI for several years, but u do know that if I don't train for an extended period of time, shit in general hurts worse.

Sounds very familiar Bricks. Now mostly with each passing year gravity is slowly winning.

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
God damn, did I miss something? Like a jet crash or something?

Yea. I curbed my shoulder going 30mph.
I have a modified boosted board. I was riding it safely while idiots who own the road drive and do what they do while they drive. I flew off my board and during the trying to figure out what happened I hit the curb shoulder first where my trap and delt meet. Thank God for my full face helmet or else I might have had a broken neck or brain damage/death.

I physically hurt like a mother****er and physically looked at myself handicapped.

Some one I look up to said if I went under the knife the recovery process would be longer than just letting the bones fissure together. So I did and took the pain.

Last edited:

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Lower back and most major joints a mess from physical labor my whole life, now lower back for last 4/5 years does this weird thing were it feels like it slides forward out of place, doing lower body work, just a matter of time before i feel the internal “chunk or clunk” and pain hits. Wife has figured out hiw to gently push just above my butt in a side or upwards motion (sometimes takes a bit) and she and i can both feel it pop or slide back i. Place with a reverse clunk or chunk...the actual sliding out is t a sharp pain, the after affect is where the tightness and pain stem from.

But with both knees needing replaced, bone on bone/arthritis, lower training is all but impossible anymore.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I have discs that are almost completely degenerated in my lower back that caused nerve issues in my right leg. My take:

1) chronic dehydration since no-one drinks water anymore.

2) Shoulders always hunched forward causes the lower back to curve forward putting 24x7 pressure on the erectors to keep the upper body vertical.

Learning to pull my shoulders back and lock my lower back for deadlifting helped me fix my resting posture considerably. “Regular” people don’t do this.

Turbolag

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I knew your back was ****ed up but I didn't know it was this bad.

It sounds a lot worse than it is. A fusion would fix it, but the dr wants me to hold off.

I tried the couch stretch today. Definitely a tight area.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yea. I curbed my shoulder going 30mph.
I have a modified boosted board. I was riding it safely while idiots who own the road drive and do what they do while they drive. I flew off my board and during the trying to figure out what happened I hit the curb shoulder first where my trap and delt meet. Thank God for my full face helmet or else I might have had a broken neck or brain damage/death.

I physically hurt like a mother****er and physically looked at myself handicapped.

Some one I look up to said if I went under the knife the recovery process would be longer than just letting the bones fissure together. So I did and took the pain.

Holy shit. Must have just crushed the AC joint. Sorry to hear this

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
It sounds a lot worse than it is. A fusion would fix it, but the dr wants me to hold off.

I tried the couch stretch today. Definitely a tight area.

I would hold off on the fusion as long as possible. It's all good after..until the next level up, or down, starts to act up.

Turbolag

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would hold off on the fusion as long as possible. It's all good after..until the next level up, or down, starts to act up.

I was wondering if that would happen or not. Do you have a fusion if you don't mind me asking?

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I suffer from chronic lower back pain, not sure if it’s from the marines, wrestling for 9 year or when I first began lifting and used too much volume and frequency one deadlifts. Back always spasms when I deadlift or squat more than 225. Went to a doctor but he was unable to diagnose. Cant really complain though, not near as bad as some of y’all, hopefully you guys can find relief

New Threads