Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Intermittently

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Totally non-scientifc poll. Really just a census. Do you suffer from low back pain?

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yes, but im pretty fuct up. Pinched nerve in upper left back/trap/neck, L2/L4 90% done for and complete upper body arthritis.

But its been an issue for me for at least 3 years, left side being much worse then right and i just turned 34.....

I fear my 50/60's badly cuz I already lift like a lil girl because of how bad my arthritis is & my upper body joints are.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
No. Ive had several non lifting friends tell me that they did though. Some even had diagnosis of slipped or herniated disks and other such stuff. I got them to start deadlifting twice a week and doing some light ab work. None of them have back pain anymore.

This wont be the case for most people on this forum but it goes to show you just how many "ailments" are really just caused by people getting weak and out of shape.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No. Ive had several non lifting friends tell me that they did though. Some even had diagnosis of slipped or herniated disks and other such stuff. I got them to start deadlifting twice a week and doing some light ab work. None of them have back pain anymore.

This wont be the case for most people on this forum but it goes to show you just how many "ailments" are really just caused by people getting weak and out of shape.

I named my company strength first based on the principle you found to be often true.

Don't forget to vote in the poll if you haven't.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
towards then end of a squat or deadlift session yep

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nope...but feel bad for folks that do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
years ago I herniated two lower discs while doing t-bar rows. over the years they flare up now and then where I would have to miss gym until it passed. I haven't had a flare up in over 10 years. I remember the Dr. at the time requesting not to lift weights anymore. lol I changed Drs.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I pulled 650 with herniated L4, L5 disks. Strengthen your back, make sure you hamstrings and hips aren't tighter then banjo strings, and you should be good for the most part.

Reaction score
no but my sheep do.
I am trying ...iam on a diet haha

bugman

Elite
Reaction score
When I sit for a period of time, it hurts when I try to stand up. Mostly this happens at home when I sit around have a bit of family time. I actually have to take a few steps while bent over at the waist and then I'm good to go.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When I sit for a period of time, it hurts when I try to stand up. Mostly this happens at home when I sit around have a bit of family time. I actually have to take a few steps while bent over at the waist and then I'm good to go.

Look up couch stretch and start doing this 3 times per day, 4 minutes per side.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Always thought that was some sort of quad stretch. Thanks. I'll start that today actually.

Flex your abs when you do it and you will feel the stretch shift from rectus femoris to psoas.

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
All the time. Shoulder/delt/trap too.

I've weened myself off pills and alcohol and started using this thing the kids call hash oil.

Trade 3 demons for 1.

Turbolag

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately. The flexion x ray shows arthritis in my lower back. The Dr. also thinks there is a cartlidge issue. My low back pops and clicks a lot. Hurts when I push my hips forward. Also hurts to stand up after sitting for a while.

So squatting and dead lifting are out. And low back is really stiff when I try to bend forward.

Last edited:

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
All the time. Shoulder/delt/trap too.

I've weened myself off pills and alcohol and started using this thing the kids call hash oil.

Trade 3 demons for 1.

God damn, did I miss something? Like a jet crash or something?

Unfortunately. The flexion x ray shows arthritis in my lower back. The Dr. also thinks there is a cartlidge issue. My low back pops and clicks a lot. Hurts when I push my hips forward. Also hurts to stand up after sitting for a while.

So squatting and dead lifting are out. And low back is really stiff when I try to bend forward.

I knew your back was ****ed up but I didn't know it was this bad.

New Threads