UG Military Vets GTFIH

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
there's quite a few vets on this board, the ones that aren't could've been if they chose too i believe, it takes a certain type of person/mindset to be in the miltary, same as what we're all doing with the bb/pl/other lifestyle.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
there's quite a few vets on this board, the ones that aren't could've been if they chose too i believe, it takes a certain type of person/mindset to be in the miltary, same as what we're all doing with the bb/pl/other lifestyle.

Absolutely agree. I wasn't wanted for medical reasons but I could have lied about it I guess. It's a regret of mine for sure.

Reality though, anyone who knows me, knows I would be a nightmare in uniform. I don't follow orders so well.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Absolutely agree. I wasn't wanted for medical reasons but I could have lied about it I guess. It's a regret of mine for sure.

Reality though, anyone who knows me, knows I would be a nightmare in uniform. I don't follow orders so well.

Noooooooo not you! I just can not......ok I can’t even keep a straight face typing that

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I did my time but when Veterans Day rolls around I keep it to myself. There are many many others that did more and gave so much more than I did in the 3 years I was in.

My time was a cake walk compared to what a lot of others have been through. So when someone comes up to me and says thanks, I thank them but also tell them there are others that deserve their thanks much more.

Cslogger515

Reaction score
Sorry didn’t get on here on Veterans Day but I want to thank all of the veterans for giving all of there blood sweat and tears and more for our freedom and safety!Thank you!

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Yes thank you to all of our veterans especially my fellow marines! Just remember you are not alone if you need anything PM me and we can shoot the shit and get you through whatever it is don’t ever think your alone
lost too many brothers or seen them shit their life away because they tried to get through hard times alone. It’s not a sign of weakness to lean on another for help sometimes
I’ll always be there for another veteran or member of this Board just hit me up

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Easily the best and easiest choice ive ever made! A lot late but ull never be at that pinnacle again, once u hit civy life it aint the same even when u work for them, u miss it, and hate it all at the same time haha

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Missed this thread the first time around. Appreciated.

PoB - civilians that don't like taking orders usually make some of the best soldiers. Most people don't like taking orders to bend to someone's will, however when you're doing something for a cause that you believe in, such as your country, you become dangerous individuals united in a single cause.

Grinch

Reaction score
I was stationed on an island. Territory split with another country, known to house some pretty horrible people. Short stuffed and overworked as always. One of our duties was to run patrols along a huge cliff face. This was because there were citizens of said country trying to make their way to us. They would swim covered in motor oil(which was supposed to deter sharks from attacking) for about 20 miles just to cling on to the face of a giant cliff side and pretty much scream for help. Some patrols units did not give a single ****. But, a task was given and it was our duty to aid in the event we heard or saw somthing. In a 9 month span, I couldn't count on my hands and toes how many people were reported. Clinging on for life, covered in oil, freezing, starving, and ready to either give up or start fresh in new country.
I also caught a Lt Colonel attempting to sneak in a full sized homemade samurai sword from carbon steel. The area already required too secret clearance, needless to say,samurai swords are a nogo. When confronted, she had no problem looking me in the eye and first denying everything, followed by using her rank as a threat to make my life hell. No, you're not taking this samurai sword into a prison. That's re tah ded

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
USAF 1973-1981. I was never in any combat zone but Germany was a little scary at times back then with terrorist activity.

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
I was stationed on an island. Territory split with another country, known to house some pretty horrible people. Short stuffed and overworked as always. One of our duties was to run patrols along a huge cliff face. This was because there were citizens of said country trying to make their way to us. They would swim covered in motor oil(which was supposed to deter sharks from attacking) for about 20 miles just to cling on to the face of a giant cliff side and pretty much scream for help. Some patrols units did not give a single ****. But, a task was given and it was our duty to aid in the event we heard or saw somthing. In a 9 month span, I couldn't count on my hands and toes how many people were reported. Clinging on for life, covered in oil, freezing, starving, and ready to either give up or start fresh in new country.
I also caught a Lt Colonel attempting to sneak in a full sized homemade samurai sword from carbon steel. The area already required too secret clearance, needless to say,samurai swords are a nogo. When confronted, she had no problem looking me in the eye and first denying everything, followed by using her rank as a threat to make my life hell. No, you're not taking this samurai sword into a prison. That's re tah ded
Cyprus? 10char

New Threads