UG Military Vets GTFIH

1bigun11

Elite
Reaction score
USMC 1979-1982. I remember Bob Hope and Ann Margaret coming out to our shit hole base just to perform for us.

Funny exchange:
Gunnery Sgt: "What's wrong with you, Shithead!"
Me: "Sir, Sir?"
Gunnery Sgt: "You know the "C" in Gunnery Sgt. stands for "Compassion," Don't you Shithead?"
Me. "Sir, but..Sir there is no "C" in Gunnery.....!"
Gunnery Sgt: "No shit **** head! Get back to work!"

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Back in the Old Corps, when BAM's were BAM's and not Women Marines, the DI's woulda said "no shit, shit4brains" (or "maggot," depending on how shitty your brains were), but I KNEW there was some damn thing I liked about you Biggie!

"Boot" ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction score
USMC 1999, Advanced Infantry - Broke my left leg 7 times and compressed my L5/S1 discs. Spent 4 months trying to stay in, was told by the Captain that I did not have enough time in service to keep me. Was sent packing.

Reentered in 2004 with a medical waiver (Marines weren't taking waivers) US Army, Patriot Missile Enhanced Operator - spent 8 months at Fort Knox. Two weeks into Warrior Training my left leg gave out due to the prior injury and I spent the rest of the time fighting to stay in. Now have a 80% disability rating. Would do anything to have been able to stay.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
USMC 1999, Advanced Infantry - Broke my left leg 7 times and compressed my L5/S1 discs. Spent 4 months trying to stay in, was told by the Captain that I did not have enough time in service to keep me. Was sent packing.

Reentered in 2004 with a medical waiver (Marines weren't taking waivers) US Army, Patriot Missile Enhanced Operator - spent 8 months at Fort Knox. Two weeks into Warrior Training my left leg gave out due to the prior injury and I spent the rest of the time fighting to stay in. Now have a 80% disability rating. Would do anything to have been able to stay.

dayum man thats a horrible way to go, and only 80% u were booted twice, should have been medical discharge with bene's

but glad u came for the partay

Reaction score
dayum man thats a horrible way to go, and only 80% u were booted twice, should have been medical discharge with bene's

but glad u came for the partay

Proud have signed the line, twice, even though I still have issues with never getting to go overseas.

Always happy to join the partay.

Reactions: Jin

New Threads