intermittent fasting shopping list

Reaction score
Planning an intermittent fasting protocol for the next 3 months. The plan is to fast from 6 pm to 8 am and follow as close to a keto diet as possible. Would the shopping list just be the same as keto ?(low carb) or is there certain food to eat early vs late, etc?

Reactions: Jin

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Planning an intermittent fasting protocol for the next 3 months. The plan is to fast from 6 pm to 8 am and follow as close to a keto diet as possible. Would the shopping list just be the same as keto ?(low carb) or is there certain food to eat early vs late, etc?

Don’t needlessly complicate things. You’re already combining 2 diets. Stick with the tenets of each. Don’t add or subtract.

Under 2 posts a year? You can do better! Stick around and make friends.

How about making a log for your diet?

havebt seen superbane around either. Are you two close?

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
6-8? What the hell man that’s barely outside of normal. Work your window down over time. 8 hr max.

Reaction score
I shit you not my father does IF for 23 hours of no eating, one hour of eating. I used to do to for 20/4. I do like IF, when I decide I’m too fat I’ll incorporate it but I’m never doing keto again.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Ive done fasting for up to no more than 18hrs.

I did high fat, high protien, low carb.. its doable. Just eat fats you like, measure your portions. Accuracy and consistency.

Pb.
Cheese
Avocado
Steak, salmon, bacon (not that turkey bullcrap)
Higher fats yogurt, and cottage cheese?
Uhhh.. olive oil.
Umm.. thats all thats coming to mind right now

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I couldn’t pull off IF. Could never figure out how to get it set up so I wasn’t going to the gym on an empty stomach. The fasted cardio I could handle but lifting was a nightmare.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
I couldn’t pull off IF. Could never figure out how to get it set up so I wasn’t going to the gym on an empty stomach. The fasted cardio I could handle but lifting was a nightmare.

The key is to do most of your fast over night. 7pm to 7am.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah that would be easy if I didn’t work 3-4 nights a week lol

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
8pm - 8am. Yeah I’ve tried, too much chainging stuff around and crap

New Threads