Share your experience with insulin for bodybuilding

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm just frustrated because genetically, I am not like a lot of you guys... I could diet down to 150 lbs in less than a year's time I bet. It's taken me a long time to get where I'm at...

I feel you bro. Ive trained for more than half my life, 17 yrs. Have gone from 120 to around 210. I went up north for a job about 10 years ago now. Went up weighing 185 lean. After not eating like usual and going to a gym for 2 wks I dropped down to 165. I had clients that didnt even recognize me when i came back. So I lose weight super fast and gain super slow. Keep chipping at it though brother, I know you know deep down there are no short cuts, you just have to remind yourself from time to time. I know I do.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I feel you bro. Ive trained for more than half my life, 17 yrs. Have gone from 120 to around 210. I went up north for a job about 10 years ago now. Went up weighing 185 lean. After not eating like usual and going to a gym for 2 wks I dropped down to 165. I had clients that didnt even recognize me when i came back. So I lose weight super fast and gain super slow. Keep chipping at it though brother, I know you know deep down there are no short cuts, you just have to remind yourself from time to time. I know I do.

Thanks for your reply... That is encouraging to hear that I'm not alone. I'm stronger than anyone at my church and local friend group, but there are a handful of guys who are way bigger than me, but barely lift and have no clue about diet... It's frustrating... Genetics play a big role IMO. But work ethic can trump genetics in many ways, especially strength.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Still freaks me out somewhat when i hear guys talking about using this, i always see it from a medical view point. Would really have to have your shit in line to use it id think. Cant picture ever getting to the point that id want or need to go this rout.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply... That is encouraging to hear that I'm not alone. I'm stronger than anyone at my church and local friend group, but there are a handful of guys who are way bigger than me, but barely lift and have no clue about diet... It's frustrating... Genetics play a big role IMO. But work ethic can trump genetics in many ways, especially strength.

Yea man, I've always been much stronger than my size. Which is cool, but being a bodybuilder (or wannabe) I'd rather take size. POB has a point about eating, but I'm not sure what your goals are. The most I've gained was 45lbs in a year. I ate a shit ton, but it was not pretty weight. Swore to myself I'd never do that again. So it all depends on what kind of weight we're talking about.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
You are not even close to being ready for slin dude. You are a good friend on and off the board and I would tell you this in private or in public.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just curious who has experience with slin and what your thoughts are?

Realistically, is it worth it to you to run? Like, how much of a difference does it make?

What kind of complications have you run into while using it?

My basic approach HERE. I'd echo PoB's comments - ye can get likely get to where ye want without it (mid 200s). Beyond that it can help.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Id wager that some form of "Bigorexia" is at play here. Id bet to most people around you, you are far more impressive than you give yourself credit. We all need to realize that. Unless you are building your life's dream as the Olympia stage, you might wanna look at things with some perspective. Especially when you start talking about potentially fatal hormones. Keep on trucking man!

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
You are not even close to being ready for slin dude. You are a good friend on and off the board and I would tell you this in private or in public.

Thanks for your concern brother. I'm not someone who jumps into things without being well-educated, so no worries.

My basic approach HERE. I'd echo PoB's comments - ye can get likely get to where ye want without it (mid 200s). Beyond that it can help.

Awesome post brother! Thank you for that write up... Simple and informative. From what I've seen, as long as you really know how to manipulate and control your diet, and do it perfectly, slin can be used very safely and effectively.

Id wager that some form of "Bigorexia" is at play here. Id bet to most people around you, you are far more impressive than you give yourself credit. We all need to realize that. Unless you are building your life's dream as the Olympia stage, you might wanna look at things with some perspective. Especially when you start talking about potentially fatal hormones. Keep on trucking man!

This is true, among my local friends, I am seen as impressive and a lot of the guys look up to me in that regard. But I want more. We all do I'm pretty sure. I just know that realistically, if I could add 40 lbs, and then diet down a little and maintain and slowly build on that frame, I'd be pretty fricken happy.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice. I haven't done more than 600 long term really... Maybe I will try higher next time.
For me there was a definite difference going to a gram from 750. Like it flipped some switch. It doesn’t add up on paper but I know how I felt.
I looked and felt better and was stronger on 1g test only vs 750 test and 300 tren.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
For me there was a definite difference going to a gram from 750. Like it flipped some switch. It doesn’t add up on paper but I know how I felt.
I looked and felt better and was stronger on 1g test only vs 750 test and 300 tren.

Hmmmm well personal experience says a lot from someone that I trust. I love/hate tren, never see the emotional/relational sides until it's too late. So maybe I will give a gram o test a try and see how I fancy it.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score

cool to hear this, my next blast is a gram ;)

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
lots of good advice in here from serious knowledge on slin. its certainly something that can bring out the good and make a great end result but takes a really good understanding of A-Z to get what you want from it. Without knowledge of it, its not worth the risk. Im a type 1 diabetic so I can really "share experience" from it but always interested in seeing how people use it

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
If any one of you guys are interested in slin and haven't read Savage's linked thread he posted in post 27, make sure you give it a read. He gives a great breakdown on timing with diet and training.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Dan, I’m closing on the gym tomorrow night. That means you can drive over and we can get a pile of delivery outback steaks, drink protein shakes at wholesale cost and lift whatever we want.

You’ll be a monster in no time and I’ll be the size of a large child! Let’s do this!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
If any one of you guys are interested in slin and haven't read Savage's linked thread he posted in post 27, make sure you give it a read. He gives a great breakdown on timing with diet and training.

From what I gather seems like very few people **** with Slin. At least on this board.

I want to walk around at 275 leanish. For my risk tolerance I choose higher dose aas+slin over multi gram cycles. Seems healthier so long as I don’t kill myself.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Dan, I’m closing on the gym tomorrow night. That means you can drive over and we can get a pile of delivery outback steaks, drink protein shakes at wholesale cost and lift whatever we want.

You’ll be a monster in no time and I’ll be the size of a large child! Let’s do this!

Wait, what??? I don't think I know about this.... You are buying a gym???

Text me or dm me.

boxing45

Reaction score
I love insulin combined with GH. I use the Milos Sarcev/ John meadows method of taking it, 10iu pre workout and 10iu post workout along with plenty of fast digesting, super lean protein sources, and carbohydrates. I drink true nutrition “peptopro” and 150g HBCD in one gallon of water throughout my workout. Start low at 2iu and work your way up to 10iu. Normally you will get warning signs if things are going wrong. Make sure you have your diet dialed in and plenty of carbs on hand in case you start going hypo. I like to bring a Gatorade with me for emergencies if needed. I never usually have any bad side effects as long as my diet is good.

boxing45

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, I like either Humalog, or novolin r. I prefer the novolin R because it lasts a little bit longer, and peaks twice.

New Threads