Hey people

Reaction score
Just joined here in search of knowledge and gains. Im 22 years old and have trained for 6ish years but only the last 2 years srs.. so I am excited to see how much I can improve on.

My stats currently are 5'9" 190lbs, if I had to guess somewhere around 15% bf.

Currently I am in a reverse diet as I was in a deficit for about six months where I lost over 55lbs and traded some fat for LBM. I was obese and my body composition is finally inching closer to a good spot. While I still have a little extra fat around the mid section you can see some definition through my back and chest, and I like that my shoulder veins are becoming visible. I have used PH twice as well as 1 cycle of test but I hardly knew what I was doing.

As far as training goes, I do push/pull/legs with the first day of each muscle group being strength focused (I'm relatively weak) and the second day being more hypertrophy focused (aside from legs which is strength both days). I like to keep my training to around 20 sets a week, and I only count the sets where I go to technical failure.

My nutrition is great. Right now I am raising calories until I get above maintenance, as of right now I'm at around 2400 210p/250c/65f. I use MyFitnessPal and do my best to get within 5% of my target calories and macros at the moment. Cardio is at around 200 calories ED.

As far as goals go I want to get to a lean 200-210 at sub 10% bf. I would love for my arms to start growing some. Strength is a major concern because I think the weights I can use for repititions is what limits my muscle growth at the moment (MORE VOLUME).

Feel free to ask any questions. Im going to need help putting together my next cycle as well.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Nice intro, welcome! Good job on the weight loss! We all start somewhere, smart to drop the fat and start building with a better/leaner base. 22 and already cycled? Did you pct and get bloodwork afterwards to see how well you recovered? Stick around, read the stickies, they'll answer a lot of your questions and the bros here will take it from there.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Great work.

Unless you have supreme genetics or you really want to cut a lot of the fun out of life: forget staying under 10% year round. Maybe for a couple weeks in the summer.

A true 12% with decent muscle mass is a look most guys would envy.

Welcome

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome!

Do tons of research about the hormones you want to use. No hormone is meant for cutting or bulking, just remember that

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
welcome to your new home

congrats on the body drop. i similarly was heavy and ended up dropping a lot...prob 1 reason why T1D now but oh well. anyways, def keep reading, you're in a great place. some have already mentioned, right now need to focus on the body and leave the hormones out of it. get a solid base and really learn your body before ever taking the plunge

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome. You said something about being limited by the weights you are using.... Are you saying you lift at home? What did you mean by that?

If I were you, I'd focus on deadlifting, squatting, leg-press, heavy rows, pull-downs, presses, etc... You need to focus on compound lifting to build the muscle that you are wanting... It makes a BIG difference.

Reaction score
Nice intro, welcome! Good job on the weight loss! We all start somewhere, smart to drop the fat and start building with a better/leaner base. 22 and already cycled? Did you pct and get bloodwork afterwards to see how well you recovered? Stick around, read the stickies, they'll answer a lot of your questions and the bros here will take it from there.
I did a PCT with Nolva for my most recent PH and my test cycle. Bloodwork was done before and after and my post cycle levels were actually better then what I had initially. I would have to look for it but my test went from 550 to ~700.

Great work.

Unless you have supreme genetics or you really want to cut a lot of the fun out of life: forget staying under 10% year round. Maybe for a couple weeks in the summer.

A true 12% with decent muscle mass is a look most guys would envy.

Welcome
Sub-10% is just a goal I would like it hit to say I did it, not at all something I plan on sustaining. Now if I can rock around with a 6 pack abs at 12% then thats probably where I will try and maintain.

Pillar - The reverse diet wasn't directly suggested. I follow a local bodybuilder/coach/student who has his masters in exercise physiology and does research at the university I attend. In his experiences with clients that lose huge amounts of weight, most of them need some sort of restraint even when they are allowed to eat in a calorie surplus. I think the stats say around 50% of people will regain the weight they lost within a year or two? Ultimately its just a way for me to increase food intake without putting on EXCESS fat.

Reaction score
Welcome. You said something about being limited by the weights you are using.... Are you saying you lift at home? What did you mean by that?

If I were you, I'd focus on deadlifting, squatting, leg-press, heavy rows, pull-downs, presses, etc... You need to focus on compound lifting to build the muscle that you are wanting... It makes a BIG difference.

What I mean it that most of the bodybuilders I know (personally and celebrity) got their start through powerlifting. I might carry a lot of muscle but for someone my size I feel like I should be stronger. For example on incline bench (I don't use flat bench much) I did 5x5 at 185# with strict form.
I would say at least 60-70% of my workouts are compound movements and the remaining 30-40% on isolation work. It really just depends on the day (strength days=heavier compound movements, hypertrophy days=compound movements, as well as some lighter, higher rep isolation)

edit:

Sorry for the double post, I just got a lot of good feedback and would like to open the line of communication with the community to allow for a better understanding of where I am at, in order to ensure I can get the best assistance possible.
Thanks.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
That is a very well thought out intro! It sounds like you have a handle on the basics and you just need some more time truthfully. You have come a long way when you think about it. 10% BF, making gains and looking all jacked at the same time is not impossible but it's not easy. Hone your craft and this summer you'll turn a few heads at the beach. Stick around and you'll do well here.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I did a PCT with Nolva for my most recent PH and my test cycle. Bloodwork was done before and after and my post cycle levels were actually better then what I had initially. I would have to look for it but my test went from 550 to ~700.

Sub-10% is just a goal I would like it hit to say I did it, not at all something I plan on sustaining. Now if I can rock around with a 6 pack abs at 12% then thats probably where I will try and maintain.

Pillar - The reverse diet wasn't directly suggested. I follow a local bodybuilder/coach/student who has his masters in exercise physiology and does research at the university I attend. In his experiences with clients that lose huge amounts of weight, most of them need some sort of restraint even when they are allowed to eat in a calorie surplus. I think the stats say around 50% of people will regain the weight they lost within a year or two? Ultimately its just a way for me to increase food intake without putting on EXCESS fat.

Sub 10% is where you would have a 4 pack, with your top 2 starting to show.

What Jin, said too....12% is still very lean. Most think they are 10-12% and they are 18.

Your 22 tho bud, having the BB body type is what i wanted and envied too back then