Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 37 to 46 of 46
  1. #37
    Elite Straight30weight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,147
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 863 Times in 528 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silvereyes87 View Post
    I know my shoulder is ****ed. If i reach into my back seat the wrong way it dislocates. Thing is im not ready to do anything about it. Example being on short term for 6 months. Just not in the cards. So my point. An mri or specialist just to tell me what i already know that my shoulder need surgery and im gonna be out of work and the gym. Neither of which in ready for right now.
    How does it effect your training?
    There are no rules, only consequences-Master Jin
    Jin is like a big dildo. May look like a dick, but actually is not a dick-POB

  2. #38
    Senior Member Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Sunnyvale Trailer Park
    Posts
    197
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 80 Times in 63 Posts
    S30W i'm sorry to hear about your shoulder. I tore all the ligaments in my shoulder and have been unable to lift any upper body weights for 9 months..... Good rule of thumb never do anything behind your head. Pull downs, presses etc, puts a lot of extra pressure on the shoulders and just from an anatomy standpoint much easier to tear something. Now you just need to heal which is the hardest part, DO NOTHING. If you make it worse like I did your recovery will be that much longer. I may even have to have a second surgery which will be another 9 months of no lifting. Just speaking from experience, things can now get much worse faster than they will better. You will be ok, Ill follow thread.


    Side note on the pain meds when i had surgery my pain was so bad I HAD to take 3-4 oxy a day otherwise I could not function due to the pain. If you need it you need it. No shame in taking it. Too much pain can raise blood pressure, increase muscle tension, fatigue etc., decreased protein synthesis which leads to decreased healing.
    Last edited by Merlin; 11-19-2018 at 08:55 AM. Reason: wrong link

  3. #39
    Elite Straight30weight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,147
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 863 Times in 528 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear Grinder View Post
    S30W i'm sorry to hear about your shoulder. I tore all the ligaments in my shoulder and have been unable to lift any upper body weights for 9 months..... Good rule of thumb never do anything behind your head. Pull downs, presses etc, puts a lot of extra pressure on the shoulders and just from an anatomy standpoint much easier to tear something. Now you just need to heal which is the hardest part, DO NOTHING. If you make it worse like I did your recovery will be that much longer. I may even have to have a second surgery which will be another 9 months of no lifting. Just speaking from experience, things can now get much worse faster than they will better. You will be ok, Ill follow thread.


    Side note on the pain meds when i had surgery my pain was so bad I HAD to take 3-4 oxy a day otherwise I could not function due to the pain. If you need it you need it. No shame in taking it. Too much pain can raise blood pressure, increase muscle tension, fatigue etc., decreased protein synthesis which leads to decreased healing.
    Thanks for your reply man. Interesting thought on the pain/blood pressure relation. My BP is quite a bit elevated since the injury. Like 169/90. It’s usually far lower. Even on cycle. I can feel it, face is warm, I feel my heart beat. Today the pain is the worst so far and my arm is incredibly stiff. It’s falling out of socket more too. But then, my wife really pissed me off yesterday and I spent the day working on the house. So I tried to use it as much as I could and I’m paying for it now.
    Last edited by Straight30weight; 11-19-2018 at 10:08 AM.
    There are no rules, only consequences-Master Jin
    Jin is like a big dildo. May look like a dick, but actually is not a dick-POB

  4. #40
    BIGGEST HEAD ON UG silvereyes87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,287
    Thanks
    3,770
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 920 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight30weight View Post
    How does it effect your training?
    Well i have to focus really hard on proper technique when doing any kinda overhead press. Dumbell flies are out of the question but i can use a machine. And my bench i havent been able to push myself past 315 without fearing it giving out.
    Strength First

  5. #41
    Elite Straight30weight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,147
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 863 Times in 528 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silvereyes87 View Post
    Well i have to focus really hard on proper technique when doing any kinda overhead press. Dumbell flies are out of the question but i can use a machine. And my bench i havent been able to push myself past 315 without fearing it giving out.
    That last sentence is the one that worries me the most. I'm seeing an Ortho Fri for an MRI to understand the extent of it.
    There are no rules, only consequences-Master Jin
    Jin is like a big dildo. May look like a dick, but actually is not a dick-POB

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Straight30weight For This Useful Post:

    silvereyes87 (11-19-2018)

  7. #42
    Senior Member Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Sunnyvale Trailer Park
    Posts
    197
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 80 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight30weight View Post
    Thanks for your reply man. Interesting thought on the pain/blood pressure relation. My BP is quite a bit elevated since the injury. Like 169/90. It’s usually far lower. Even on cycle. I can feel it, face is warm, I feel my heart beat. Today the pain is the worst so far and my arm is incredibly stiff. It’s falling out of socket more too. But then, my wife really pissed me off yesterday and I spent the day working on the house. So I tried to use it as much as I could and I’m paying for it now.

    Lots of good reads on pain my man give them a google. But also know even if you pain is gone it does not necessary mean you're healed, thats when re-injury occurs most :/

  8. #43
    Elite Straight30weight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,147
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 863 Times in 528 Posts
    Slight update. Seen the ortho today, tells me I need an mri ASAP. His secretary spends an hour on the phone with my insurance company to get the approval, only to find out that the office that handles that is closed. So I have to wait til Monday and hope they approve it. Such bullshit, why does the insurance company get to dictate your care?
    There are no rules, only consequences-Master Jin
    Jin is like a big dildo. May look like a dick, but actually is not a dick-POB

  9. #44
    Elite Gadawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,474
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight30weight View Post
    Slight update. Seen the ortho today, tells me I need an mri ASAP. His secretary spends an hour on the phone with my insurance company to get the approval, only to find out that the office that handles that is closed. So I have to wait til Monday and hope they approve it. Such bullshit, why does the insurance company get to dictate your care?
    Sorry on all counts man. Shit

  10. #45
    Moderator German89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,143
    Thanks
    1,738
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight30weight View Post
    Slight update. Seen the ortho today, tells me I need an mri ASAP. His secretary spends an hour on the phone with my insurance company to get the approval, only to find out that the office that handles that is closed. So I have to wait til Monday and hope they approve it. Such bullshit, why does the insurance company get to dictate your care?
    Monday is a holiday here so.. i dont know if your state is too. You might not get a answer til tuesday.

    You guys insurance bullshit is a headache. Gosh!!

  11. #46
    Elite Straight30weight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,147
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 863 Times in 528 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by German89 View Post
    Monday is a holiday here so.. i dont know if your state is too. You might not get a answer til tuesday.



    You guys insurance bullshit is a headache. Gosh!!
    “You guys”. You live here too!!! I don’t know what the Monday holiday but I better get a ****in mri Monday! It’s scheduled for 230, no clue if it’ll be approved or not. It might not be, the ****in insurance pricks make all the decisions, not doctors.
    There are no rules, only consequences-Master Jin
    Jin is like a big dildo. May look like a dick, but actually is not a dick-POB

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. I may have a problem
    By MDavis in forum New Members Introductions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-16-2018, 06:10 AM
  2. I may have an issue.
    By MDavis in forum New Members Introductions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-28-2018, 06:38 AM
  3. I kept taking chances and it may have paid off
    By Tim in forum Peptides And Growth Hormone
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-11-2012, 09:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •