High Test vs Low Test

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Test is the base of all our cycles. But which camp are you in?

I’ve heard a couple of you state 1g of test as your favorite cycle.

For me anything over 500mg tends to cause too many issues with e2. I think I’d need 1mg of adex eod with a gram of test.

For me I’m probably not going to go much over trt test for future cycles. I’ll let the other compounds “do the work”.

Currently I’m on 900mg deca, trt test and anadrol with zero side effects. Taking .25mg of adex 2x/week. No bloat.

When I ran 750t/450deca I was bloated AF with e2 in the 140’s even taking 2mg of adex a week. So tired I had to nap every afternoon. Prostate so enlarged I had to pee 4x/ night.

Test gives me the most sides of any compound.

Discuss.

Last edited:

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
im in the low test camp (at the moment, the most test ive ever run was 750) i feel that low test gives less sides and is more economical.

so far my favourite bulk cycle is 250 test + 500 deca and my favourite cutter is 250 test + 300 tren

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Based on the little experience i have i like moderate test at 500 mg...cruising on 250 felt like a drag..also have trouble with e2 and have to take .5mg of adex 3x a week to stay in range while on 500mg.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Based on the little experience i have i like moderate test at 500 mg...cruising on 250 felt like a drag..also have trouble with e2 and have to take .5mg of adex 3x a week to stay in range while on 500mg.

You'll need to experiment more and maybe go up to 750. If you can stay side effect free and within range (or even too high but still side effect free) then I wouldn’t discount high test cycles.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
You'll need to experiment more and maybe go up to 750. If you can stay side effect free and within range (or even too high but still side effect free) then I wouldn’t discount high test cycles.

that makes sense.. thanks!

Reactions: Jin

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Excellent thread Jin, something im currently trying to figure out myself.

I was on 500 npp / 300 mast / 750 test and it was a mental nightmare, even on 25mg xstane eod.

As of Friday I dropped the npp for good and didnt pin anything else until last night.
My mind has cleared about 60%.
Last night I pinned the test and mast, will do this and see how I feel. The next step would be to drop the test down by half if I need to.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score

I was on 500 npp / 300 mast / 750 test and it was a mental nightmare, even on 25mg xstane eod.

As of Friday I dropped the npp for good and didnt pin anything else until last night.
Last night I pinned the test and mast, will do this and see how I feel. The next step would be to drop the test down by half if I need to.

If I were experimenting I’d just drop the test to 250 to see if things clear up. Try it next run.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I once exceeded 500 mg of test in a cycle and personally don't think it did much more at 750 compared to 500. Maybe trying a low test with Tren this summer but not for the receptor reasons people preach about, just to keep my sides low and BW within a reasonable range.

RustyShackelford

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have never ran anything higher than test. No particular reason. I usually stayed between 500-750 test with a few 1000 mg front loads back before I started trt.
I plan on a 750 test 500 Decca run starting December , but I am really starting to think about running my trt dose and 500 decca and see how that goes.

Merlin

Reaction score

Did you check e2 at all? or just decided to drop the npp bc of short half life? or figured less compounds would help?

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Did you check e2 at all? or just decided to drop the npp bc of short half life? or figured less compounds would help?

Yes im on top of E2 with labwork, thats why I was at xstane eod 25mg.
On your note, im thinking dropping the npp may help and at this point there's nothing clear cut so i'll have to trial and error. If I drop the npp and thinkgs get better then I know what npp does to me.
POB mentioned in another thread he had issues with npp, so i'll need to wait and see.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think I am in the low boat on the test as well. I will admit, i ran some dumb cycles and which is likely 1 of many reasons Im on TRT. I ran 1.5G TestE, 1G TrenA and 1G Mast P for 16weeks. I felt great, dont get me wrong. But now Im running TRT TC and 350 TrenA and feel pretty decent. Dont get me wrong, I had 0 sides from the high amount of gear but it was $$$ and literally was a pin cushion and it was straight awful, period. I have never run deca so kind of been eye balling that to run with TRT so was interested to see what other people had run. Interesting you're running 900mg Deca with a TRT dose of Test, Ive never seen it run in that flipflop order since most run it lower or equal-ish.

Merlin

Reaction score
Yes im on top of E2 with labwork, thats why I was at xstane eod 25mg.
On your note, im thinking dropping the npp may help and at this point there's nothing clear cut so i'll have to trial and error. If I drop the npp and thinkgs get better then I know what npp does to me.
POB mentioned in another thread he had issues with npp, so i'll need to wait and see.

Ahh i see I didn't know if you checked it after having problems but if you did midway labs shouldn't matter to much. I had trouble with npp on 700mg/wk as well. I dropped and finished with just 500mg of test. Test works really well for me tho

Merlin

Reaction score
I think I am in the low boat on the test as well. I will admit, i ran some dumb cycles and which is likely 1 of many reasons Im on TRT. I ran 1.5G TestE, 1G TrenA and 1G Mast P for 16weeks. I felt great, dont get me wrong. But now Im running TRT TC and 350 TrenA and feel pretty decent. Dont get me wrong, I had 0 sides from the high amount of gear but it was $$$ and literally was a pin cushion and it was straight awful, period. I have never run deca so kind of been eye balling that to run with TRT so was interested to see what other people had run. Interesting you're running 900mg Deca with a TRT dose of Test, Ive never seen it run in that flipflop order since most run it lower or equal-ish.

Wow thats a fck load of gear. Not sure if i would have to stones for that, or lack there of?

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Test is the base of all our cycles. But which camp are you in?

I’ve heard a couple of you state 1g of test as your favorite cycle.

For me anything over 500mg tends to cause too many issues with e2. I think I’d need 1mg of adex eod with a gram of test.

For me I’m probably not going to go much over trt test for future cycles. I’ll let the other compounds “do the work”.

Currently I’m on 900mg deca, trt test and anadrol with zero side effects. Taking .25mg of adex 2x/week. No bloat.

When I ran 750t/450deca I was bloated AF with e2 in the 140’s even taking 2mg of adex a week. So tired I had to nap every afternoon. Prostate so enlarged I had to pee 4x/ night.

Test gives me the most sides of any compound.

Discuss.

Interesting you bring this up; I’m actually a fan of both. Yes I absolutely love a gram of test but ONLY when it’s by itself. At that level I had to use 0.5mg letro twice a week.

When running other compounds i prefer test low. I just finished a short run of 600 tren A with my 100trt and it was the least sides I’ve ever had on tren.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
After trying both, i do prefer higher test. When i run tren again, i will try slightly higher than the tren dose to feel it out. I've only run lower test with tren, and it just feels like something is off.

For the forseeable future, it will be higher test.

Maijah

Elite
Reaction score
I love high test, but it's very easy for me to manage all sides with minimal stane. I can run 500 mgs with no ai and I have no issues other than a little water retention. I love test/npp/dbol for a blast. I've never tried low test and moderate tren, I may this spring.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I like lower test when on a cycle. Current run is 400 test 900 deca. When off cycle I run 200 test. My e2 stays good with minimal adex. I've tried 750 test with 600 deca but was more bloated with higher test and I didn't find the higher test paid off in results like the current cycle is. My spring run is always 400 test with 750 tren and 400 mast. That bastard works well on my big ass!

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wow thats a fck load of gear. Not sure if i would have to stones for that, or lack there of?

lolz dude i was a straight up pin cushion and it sucked. it was all short ester Tren and Mast which made it worse. multiple shots. but as far as lack of stones...i never get any atrophy which has always been straight up odd!

New Threads