Iowabull log

Iowabull

Reaction score
I wanted to keep a log here to track everything and get advice when I need it.

I'm 40 years old, and have had double knee replacements. Overall I have had 23 surgeries to date including right shoulder, left shoulder, right side sports hernia, left side sports hernia, left elbow, left heel, and 17 surgeries total on both knees.
6'5 & 284 lbs. 26% body fat
Test level: 284
Free test: 49
3600 calories a day
Body weight protien
200 carbs
100 fat
I am running Test E (600 mg) and Deca (400 mg) as well as Amiridex .25 mg x's 3 a week
Lift 5 days a week split into Heavy upper body/dynamic lower body/dynamic upper body/heavy lower body/5th day is kind of whatever I'm feeling that day.
Cardio 6 days a week (40-50 minutes of elliptical and recumbent)
I also have a part time job approximately 30 hours a week unloading a truck which seems to be decent cardio.
Next week I will also be starting some yoga classes in order to get some flexibility back from surgeries and age. Lol
I have ran one cycle of 500 mg Test E in the past with no bad sides for 12 weeks.
For this blast I will run for 20 weeks then fall back to my cruise of 300 mg of Test E a week. My first pin was Monday. 2nd pin today.
My goal is to lean up and gain muscle mass. I have been very strict on my diet and workouts for a long time with very little results. As you can imagine from my test levels I have very little energy most of the time.

I have attached a photo of me at 276 for reference. SmartSelect_20181122-055930_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
good luck on your journey man. Here to help when needed. Your macro breakdown does not add up to 3600 calories. It's at 2836. 3600 would be a good place for you to be if you're looking to drop bf. 2800 is low for your size

Last edited:

Iowabull

Reaction score
good luck on your journey man. Here to help when needed. Your macro breakdown does not add up to 3600 calories. It's at 2836. 3600 would be a good place for you to be if you're looking to drop bf. 2800 is low for your size
What would you recommend my macro breakdown be?

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score

think we have gone over your diet/cardio and such not too long ago... not sure how you aren't losing weight eating 3600 especially 2900 cals @ 285lbs??? The low t could have some to do with it but ur doing a fukk ton of cardio as well... Are those numbers guestimates or are you truly tracking your daily calories/macros? Doesn't add up man

Iowabull

Reaction score
Yes. I track everything very closely. I just switched to 3600 this week when I started pinning. I was at 3000 before that. Still with no weight loss. It's been very frustrating for sure.

Iowabull

Reaction score
I'm typically over on protien and fat and right on to slightly over on carbs. Here is yesterday's for example

81560e74c51dd4e815e7de0d0000ff28.jpg

Last edited:

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
maybe try switching the types of food you are eating, sources of protein, carbs, fats. Size and frequency of meals. For me, smaller more frequent meals works better, especially when in a surplus

Iowabull

Reaction score
maybe try switching the types of food you are eating, sources of protein, carbs, fats. Size and frequency of meals. For me, smaller more frequent meals works better, especially when in a surplus
Thanks I'll try that. Right now I am getting it primarily in 4-5 meals. I can try and do smaller more frequent meals.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Thanks I'll try that. Right now I am getting it primarily in 4-5 meals. I can try and do smaller more frequent meals.

Change stuff if you feel like it will help you mentally. It won’t hurt. But all you need is for your hormones to get out of the dumps and things will come together.

Nothing wrong with staying the course. You’ve got about 6 weeks before things get noticeably nutzo.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

bump your fat to 142 grams. If you're gonna keep your protein at 284 you'll now have 2414 cals. use the remainder in carbs

Iowabull

Reaction score
In 2003 I was right under 390 pounds. I became obsessed with weight loss and got down to 225 lbs but settled in at about 240. To do this I was getting between 600-1500 calories a day with the same workout frequency and 90 minutes of cardio 7 days a week. I didn't monitor anything but calories. As you might imagine I was soft and week. I literally never made a gain in the gym. I decided a year ago to start eating more and gaining strength, watching my macros. To not worry about the scale. My strength has increased which has been great but I have gained unwanted weight as well.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
now you that macro breakdown was a suggestion. you can lower your fat breakdown and have a higher carb intake. You should always start with setting your protein intake, 2nd fat, 3rd carbs. Managing your fat and carbs will depend on your choice of foods

Iowabull

Reaction score
now you that macro breakdown was a suggestion. you can lower your fat breakdown and have a higher carb intake. You should always start with setting your protein intake, 2nd fat, 3rd carbs. Managing your fat and carbs will depend on your choice of foods
Yeah. I do a lot of eggs and red meat for my protien. I can change some of the eggs to the egg whites only. That will lower some fat.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Can you let me know where you got the 3600 from? You are a big guy yes, but you got a good amount of fat on you. Don't feed the fat. Have you used a tdee calculator?

Forget about meal timing or frequency. That has nothing to do with fat loss in your case. Eat as often or not as you find convenient and can stick to consistently. Eating 6 times per day isn't realistic due to work or family life then planning to eat 6 meals is just setting yourself up to fail.

New Threads