Odd pin

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So last Tuesday I was giving myself one of my bi weekly trt doses, 100mg which would have been .5cc.

Pinned left delt with a 23g 1”. Have done same thing in same spot plenty of times before.

This time as soon as I started pushing the test in my entire shoulder lit the hell up. It was like I was injecting acid straight into the joint.

Thats where I felt it all was in the actual joint space not in the muscle. Lasted for about 5 mins and went away but up to today still I get these little firey bursts of pain in the same spot.

Not really concerned about it, it’s not red or swelling or anything else that would make me think infection or anything along those lines.

was a diff needle than what I drew up with, all brand new out of the packs and same vile I’ve pinned out of 3 times before.

No pip either, was just odd, and hurt like a mofo.

no way the needle was long enough to make it through all the muscle and into the joint space but damn if that’s not what it felt like.

Almost felt like like when I had my shoulder joint injected for a mri.

Last edited:

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
The only time I feel like I am injecting fire is if I pin after I workout that body part. For example, sticking my quad or my delt after working them out stings like a mofo. Oddly, my glutes are hit or miss. I never experienced pain down to the joint though...

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
How it took me two days to think of it is beyond me, but it had to be a nerve thing. Either I just barly hit it or I injected straight into it.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
How it took me two days to think of it is beyond me, but it had to be a nerve thing. Either I just barly hit it or I injected straight into it.

yea dude most likely a nirve, had something similar happen not quite as harsh as yours sounds

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Yup pinned a nerve bundle. It happens occasionally. I’ve had my shoulder skin go numb for several weeks from it.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Yup pinned a nerve bundle. It happens occasionally. I’ve had my shoulder skin go numb for several weeks from it.

Well im glad it didnt do anything like that. I have never had any issues getting shots or having an IV started on me, but damn did i notice that crap lol

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
shoulders do to much work to be injecting shit into...quads ,glute and vg should be plenty

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
and if u do use a slin pin not a 23

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
shoulders do to much work to be injecting shit into...quads ,glute and vg should be plenty

Have you ever done multiple injections into the quads while rotating them out? One of my friends said that since I may have to switch to more frequent injections due to my SHBG dropping that I could easily hit top, middle, and lower quad on each leg to match a M-W-F schedule since each pin will be less than .3 ml. He did, however, state that I should use a 27 gauge needle to do this if I am going to hit the same muscle multiple times to minimize scar tissue.

Basically, top left quad, top right quad, middle left quad, middle right quad, lower left quad, lower right quad is the rotation that he recommended. I'd be injecting .29, .28, and .29 to hit my .86 ml prescription per week. I have a bunch of 27 gauge shorter needles and found that a shallow IM injection is much more tolerable into the quads with them than a 1" 25 gauge.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Sounds like you hit a nerve, it sucks...
What I want to know is why you are pinning yourself twice a week with a 23 gauge needle for only 100 mg each? That's a lot of scar tissue on a long enough timeline, that I don't think it's worth... Save the bi-weekly for blasting... I mean, if you are doing slin pins, then go every day if you want to, but if I were you, I'd just do once a week for the full 200.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I’ve done both twice and twice a week with the trt. I just prefer twice. Normally I have 25g that I use but just grabbed the wrong size from work last time

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I do subq for TRT. With such low volumes it works just fine. No pain or bleeding and I have to imagine the scaring will add up over the years. I’m only doing IM for cycles.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
scary shit dude glad it went away fast

one time on a 1cc test npp mix delt injection made me cough and have some kind of adrenaline rush

another freakish injection which pretty sure i hit a sciatic nerve

wasnt aware of it had been inject all over the cheek

even as far back as i could reach right

& bam hurt like hell then for a whole week felt like there was a large rubber mallot implanted sideways in my ass cheek

hurt so bad i couldnt sit also had the gf feel it she was like wtf you need to go to the doctor

i rode it out till i slowly disappeared after over a week

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I have had this exact same reaction too npp twice this blast. Actually worse than tren cough felt strange for an hour after

scary shit dude glad it went away fast

one time on a 1cc test npp mix delt injection made me cough and have some kind of adrenaline rush

another freakish injection which pretty sure i hit a sciatic nerve

wasnt aware of it had been inject all over the cheek

even as far back as i could reach right

& bam hurt like hell then for a whole week felt like there was a large rubber mallot implanted sideways in my ass cheek

hurt so bad i couldnt sit also had the gf feel it she was like wtf you need to go to the doctor

i rode it out till i slowly disappeared after over a week

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There are lots of nerves in the shoulder & quad to hit. It sucks when it happens.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
I have had this exact same reaction too npp twice this blast. Actually worse than tren cough felt strange for an hour after

my guess is some oil got directly into a vein

thought i was gunna croak

New Threads