something i may try soon

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So my all screwed up work shift comes to an end after next week. Once it does i will have an 8 day stretch that i will be free to hit the gym as much as i want.

I was debating doing an 8 day hell week type thing and hit the gym all 8 days in a row and then have 2-3 off at the end of it.

My thoughts were to do a PPL upper lower for the first 5 and then back into another PPL session for the last 3 and then off.

Im sure someone here has tried something along these lines before and wanted to get thoughts on it.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I don’t see a need for intense, short term increases. All this stuff takes time and consistency. With or without steroids it is a grind.

My training cycle is 8 days. Heavy: Legs/push/pull rest Volume: legs/push/pull/rest

I would just stick with something moderate that doesn’t necessitate you having to take 3 days off afterwards.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I’ll have 2 or 3 days off just cause of work.
We will see, just an idea I’m tossing around since I’ll have the stretch to do it.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I’ll have 2 or 3 days off just cause of work.
We will see, just an idea I’m tossing around since I’ll have the stretch to do it.

Just to be clear: we are talking about a one time, 8 day stretch?

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score

Yes a one time 8 day stretch, no freaking way id do that all the time. But this one time i will have the days available to me to do it.

And i had no intention of going high intensity all 8, that would probably just lead to injury and a lot of crying. Id do the first 5 like normal, PPL heavy, upper lower volume. And the second set of PPL moderate probably.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
From time to time i need to have something different work out wise so it keeps things interesting. This would be a little self issued challenge type thing just to see if i could make it all 8 days in a row.

But, like i said, im just thinking of it for now, not sure if i want to do it or not. I may just stick to my normal 4 and 5 day workouts.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Chest tris, back bi’s, shoulders abs, legs, repeat there’s your 8 days. While I at work I do this continuously for the full month and my days off is when work gets in the way. If I have to work late that’s my day off

Last edited:

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Zeigler is actually correct here. 8 days is a bit much. You could do 5 or 6 (these numbers are arbitrary to be honest) and hit a good amount of volume during that time. After that, just let the volume drop off. You won't overtrain that quick.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
If you just want something different, switch to a yates style for a few days. One glorious set per exercise to extreme failure. Drop sets, forced reps, pause reps, etc. fun stuff

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score

I like this. I alternate between heavy and volume as a lot of people have suggested but I’ve never seen this split written out so cleanly. My OCD brain likes the harmony in it.

Any reason to start with legs? I’ve seen Push, Lower, Pull to split up push/pull but what’s your reasoning for starting with legs?

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Agree with Zs suggestion as well. I was getting hammered at work and forced to do a lot of 2 on 1 off days. Now I'm in the middle of 11 days off. Training 5 on 1 off 5 on then 2 off. Any more than that for me is unproductive and I'm risking injury.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I like this. I alternate between heavy and volume as a lot of people have suggested but I’ve never seen this split written out so cleanly. My OCD brain likes the harmony in it.

Any reason to start with legs? I’ve seen Push, Lower, Pull to split up push/pull but what’s your reasoning for starting with legs?

I like a day in between squats and deads. Also I prefer to get legs done and out of the way. Doesn’t really apply to this split but When I did the bro split legs were on Monday’s.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Doing PPL upper lower ill usually do LPP lower upper just to give a day between squats and deads and also an extra day between the first leg day and the second.

New Threads