Thoughts on what I should add to my first 350-400mg test cycle

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my stats are:
25 years old
6'4 tall
85 kg/187lbs
12% bf

Lifting 5 years, tried winstrol in the past, did 10 week 100mg anavar only cycle when I was 23, no pct, didn't get shut down but was a bit supressed in the final 2 weeks but recovered fine 1 week later.

Anavar
Plus:
- Muscles looked harder
- Became stronger and kept all strength despite being on a deficit
- allowed me to get very lean, veins everywhere
- body reacted well to it, didn't get shutdown, libido high, mood and sleep good

Negative
- Price at the time since I was poor
- harder look wore off as soon as cycle ended
- didn't get any crazy pump

Anyway, researched this a lot and have decided I want to do a 12 week test e cycle, haven't decided between 350 or 400mg, I think 500mg is overrated and not looking to gain bunch of water.

Since I've done anavar before I was thinking maybe doing 12 weeks test e with 100mg anavar, anavar starts from week 4 and lasts for 8 weeks. I was also looking at primo. Maybe 300mg primo with the test for 12 weeks.

I know why test only is recommend for a first but I've done other stuff before and know how I react. Looking to add something with the least sides to go with test, price isn't an issue now with my new job.

Plan on injecting twice a week, Mon/Thurs, have adex going to start .25 twice a week, also have hcg, start pct 2 weeks after last pin for 4 weeks, clomid and nolva. Also have aromasin at hand.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any posts.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Get some coaching on eating first.

Agreed, you're 25, been lifting for 5 years, are in your prime and at 6'4 you're only sitting at 187lbs?! That is rail thin, surprised ur not not at 2% bf at that height/weight. Don't bother with the drugs if you can't eat and train hard enough to take advantage of them. Don't mean to sound harsh but tellin ya how it is dude. Also what is your goal for this cycle, and long term goal?

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Agree with upstairs, ur too skinny , u need to eat Son. Get that diet in check before u even decide to cycle.. alot of info on this board.. read up

Merlin

Reaction score
Food. When I was 185 at 6'2" people kept asking me if i was sick. Can't imagine what I would've looked like if i was taller.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
im just a bit taller and im almost 100lbs heavier. at your age if your diet was on point and your training as well you could add some size naturally and save money for gear when you get old like me:32 (20):

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
A few things:
For your height and weight, you're a little skinny for a 25 y.o. with 5 years of training. That brings into question training and or diet. Take a look and rethink a few things there.

If you knew why they say "Test only" for the first cycle you would do that. "First cycle" is the first one done right. You have not done a proper "First cycle" so hit that now with Test at 500mg split. Trust me, with an AI, you won't hold much water if any. You will really like this and extend it to 15-16 weeks.

Don't apologize for a long post. It had a lot of information which helps us help you.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
anavar works way better with test

you wont need more than 40mgs 50 tops imo

How do you know 500 is over rated when you never used it before

Reaction score
Have to agree with everyone else. Save the drugs for later and use your natural levels while you still have them. Gotta eat bigger to be bigger and even more so on cycle. I’d work on diet for sure, get your training in order, cycle later on in life.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
All these guys are right on. When you hear the word diet, its not a restriction of food. Its getting the right food in the right amounts. AAS will do you no good without the proper amount of food and training. Last thing you want to do is spend your money on drugs and notice 12 weeks later you are up 5 pounds. If you were eating enough right now, you would weigh quite a bit more than you do. BF would be higher, but who cares at this point. Gotta get the food man. And THIS is your first cycle.

Test 500mg 2x week as Snake said. (250mg each) Blood work also brother!

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
and diet is where i fail miserably everytime

planning on filling a deep freezer with meat and prepped plates of food for a cycle in january.

or forget it because its a total waste of steroids

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
and diet is where i fail miserably everytime

planning on filling a deep freezer with meat and prepped plates of food for a cycle in january.

or forget it because its a total waste of steroids

ever thought of using one of them meal prep services dude?

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Anyway, researched this a lot and have decided I want to do a 12 week test e cycle, haven't decided between 350 or 400mg, I think 500mg is overrated and not looking to gain bunch of water.

brother, you dont have a clue

I bet you got dbol instead of var too

Welcome to the site, for those who want to learn, we teach the craft.

But all things aside, you need 1000-1500 extra clean cals a day. After you put on 15lbs nattty, ask more ?'s. We can direct you to a diet coach if you'd like.

Reaction score
Get some coaching on eating first.

Agreed, you're 25, been lifting for 5 years, are in your prime and at 6'4 you're only sitting at 187lbs?! That is rail thin, surprised ur not not at 2% bf at that height/weight. Don't bother with the drugs if you can't eat and train hard enough to take advantage of them. Don't mean to sound harsh but tellin ya how it is dude. Also what is your goal for this cycle, and long term goal?

Food. When I was 185 at 6'2" people kept asking me if i was sick. Can't imagine what I would've looked like if i was taller.

im just a bit taller and im almost 100lbs heavier. at your age if your diet was on point and your training as well you could add some size naturally and save money for gear when you get old like me:32 (20):

Lol I knew this was coming and you guys are 100% right, I do need to eat more and I should and want to be heavier that's why I want to use test e to bulk but to be fair, I look bigger than I actually weigh, stats are of a very skinny guy but my shoulders are wide and my arms are 17.2 inches cold and flexed and I don't think my bf is 12% maybe closer to 10% as I hardly have fat and My arms are just skin and muscle. I will post a picture

A few things:
For your height and weight, you're a little skinny for a 25 y.o. with 5 years of training. That brings into question training and or diet. Take a look and rethink a few things there.

If you knew why they say "Test only" for the first cycle you would do that. "First cycle" is the first one done right. You have not done a proper "First cycle" so hit that now with Test at 500mg split. Trust me, with an AI, you won't hold much water if any. You will really like this and extend it to 15-16 weeks.

Don't apologize for a long post. It had a lot of information which helps us help you.

I just read that more test = more sides/water weight. Do you think I can build leanish muscle if I control estrogen with an AI and eat very clean, couple hundred kcals above maintenance?

anavar works way better with test

you wont need more than 40mgs 50 tops imo

How do you know 500 is over rated when you never used it before

I just did 100mg because people told me under that would be a waste, my anavar is ugl, would 50mg be good? 100mg had no negative effects on me but doing 50 would be nice because it would be cheaper. As for 500 being overrated, Maybe that wasn't the right word, I've just been reading logs from people on other steroid forums saying that 500 was too much on a first cycle, some saying they gained too much water/moon face, more test = more AI, plus more acne because AI stops test converting in estrogen but doesn't stop it converting into dht. I would rather do less test with a bit less gains if it means less sides but if 500 is cool then I can do 500.

Reaction score
I could gain more weight/size naturally in the next couple of years but I want to get there a bit faster honestly and I do have plans in using my body to make money in the futureScreenshot_20180207-020741.jpg

Plus I want to bulk from a leanish base

As for training, I do PPL x2 with Sunday off, I started as an almost anorexic 20 year old, like 155lbs

Last edited:

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Post up what you eat in a day.

Doesnt have to be spot on, just an example.

Then we will critique it.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
when i was your age, i got on cycle as quickly as i could.

I could of accomplished what i did with just food and 1/4 less drinking.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
You need a bigger appetite and somebody to teach you to train hard. Real hard. There arent many people who look back and regret doing it the hard way. You cant say that for the other side.

New Threads